Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My View on Saturday

Options
  • 23-04-2007 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

We've been waiting for 8 years for Spurs to give us a proper day out against them. We never seem to rise to the occasion. An occasion which is the most egarly awaited league fixture every year.

It's all good and well beating Watford, Reading, Charlton but Saturday was the one that mattered to us most. And yet again they failed to deliver.

Look at other (big fish v little fish)local derbies:

Everton generally do well at Goodison against Liverpool, gave them a good old spanking this season. We never get given this by Spurs.

Man City always give Utd a run for their money at Home.

Sheff Utd, Everton, Man City, W-ham all beat them at home, why can't we ?? It's so annoying espically as we normally start well, but then go hiding after we score.

We take the lead and freeze. How the fcuk can you freeze with the absolutely fantastic support that was there on Saturday. Spineless, cowardly, pamperd cnuts - all 11 players (no exceptions). The ones that didn't play poorly, should have been sorting out the ones who were ****e. No leaders, just lambs to the slaughter and I am not going to let Jenas's goal hide the massive issues that I have with these players.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

It was only the second time this season that Arsenal dropped a point when they had the lead - last one was at Stamford Bridge!!

But i agree - we woz crap!

Please play Cerny - and soon - Give Lennon a rest - Malbranque a transfer - give my head peace.

The fans are up for every game - why not the pampered underachievers?
    (Berbatov excepted - what a player)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

the second time this season that Arsenal dropped a point when they had the lead

Fact is that WE had the lead, so it wasn't theirs to drop.

Keystone cops defending yet again.....not sure what the problem is, but it needs to get sorted out FAST!

We're scoring in every match, but we're leaking like an infirm 90-year-old - no wonder Berbatov and Keane get pissed off.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Should be an interesting summer for signings-if we don't make Europe,I fear that we can't attract the quality we desperately need.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Keystone cops defending yet again.....not sure what the problem is, but it needs to get sorted out FAST!

Fault on Saturday lay firmly with the midfield, both in their attacking and defensive roles.

We surrendered the initiative in the middle of the park, and allowed Dial Square's players to dictate the pace of the game. They had too much time on the ball, and too much space. The midfield failed to close them down, failed to get in their faces, and so the back 4 sat deeper and deeper trying to protect the narrow lead. We all know how that usually ends at WHL...:mad:

In attack, there was so little creativity that Robbo was forced to rely on punted balls on to Berb's head. No criticism due for the big man, who tried manfully to lead the line but with Keane dropping deep and no running from the central pair his knock downs were easy to deal with for the Goon defence.

Sort out the middle of the park and we'll defend better as a unit, while providing more opportunities for the front two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

. Spineless, cowardly, pamperd cnuts - all 11 players (no exceptions).

jaysus, and i thought i was harsh on them!!! some day it will all come good, i know it will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

mushykeogh wrote:
    jaysus, and i thought i was harsh on them!!! some day it will all come good, i know it will.

No fight, no bottle, no bollox - Just saying what I saw.
    Very very annoying

Advertisement