Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Mobile Phone Insurance Question

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

so you didn't actually tell them it wasn't one of theirs? that would be why it was accepted

I think i did, i just told the operator, I'm after buying a new phone and would like to transfer the insurance. They didnt ask where i bought it. It was a 6600 aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

i bought a LG shine from expansys, how can i get it insured? o2 said they won't as it's not on their network.

any ideas?

The LG Shine should be on O2 in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Deediddums

Carphone Warehouse were selling the LGi Shine for 19.99 the weekend before last.

So I'm currently waiting for Eagle Star to send my replacement phone out to me. Had to pay the first €35 of the claim and then a further €30 as o2 no longer stock my phone and I had to upgrade. That works out as €75 which personally defeats the purpose of the whole insurance idea in the first place. Considering you can't claim more than once in any 12 month period I think I'll be cancelling this money grabbing scam shortly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Actually eagle Star are terrible like that.. i claimed for the missus's 6230 knowing they would have to replace it with the 6230i (Most compatable model) .. they rang me and said "the 6230 was replaced by the 6230i and that I'd have to use my upgrade to get it or pay €45 euro on top of the €35 excess..they also told me that they had 6230's in stock.., I said they cant be new.. the girl insisted they were.. i said fine DONT upgrade me Just send me out a replacement phone... ...What comes next day ? 6230i..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@Deediddums
    That's incorrect. Your policy does not state anywhere that you need to use your O2 upgrade, that's just them trying to get money from O2 for using it. You can tell them you'll take the closest model they have and it'll only cost you €35.

Also, you can have up to 2 claims in a year.

To me the insurance seems like great value ... in a year you pay €6x12 which is €72. That covers my K800i and lets me get a new one for €35 which would cost me about €300 to replace if I lost/damaged it. I can do this twice! So that's 2 new k800is in a year for €142. Each to their own though .. if you spend a lot you probably have upgrades coming out your nose :)

I agree that the upgrade thing is crap, but you don't have to accept that.

Also, I do think they could handle the claims better .. maybe let you do it in store because it's poor to be without a phone for a weekend or something, but that's how it is.

++ edit ++
    Seems JohnnieM sorted out his claim without using his insurance too.. didn't notice his post!

• Advertisement

Actually I did use the Insurance paid the €35 excess..
    My point was as you pointed out to deediddums.. Eagle star are always trying to con people in to using their upgrades... which IMO is totally un called for..I jus wanted to make people aware of this..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

And right you are to point out the upgrade thing - I just have this need to jump in and correct when I see wrong information being given out :)

:D Laugh, I know what you mean... You were right though..:)

Advertisement