Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Octavia - 00 1.9 TDI (66kw) - Leaky Power Steering

Options
  • 23-04-2007 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭

Doh ... Power steering fluid is leaking, cannot find any on the ground, was making a weird humm so checked the level and it was empty !!

Filled it up ... seemed ok a couple of hours, next day empty again !

Checked on Briskoda.net and found another post with the same thing, guy said he had to get his steering rack replaced at around 700 quid sterling ............. maaaaaaan i cant afford that.
    And i can't drive the car with this leak obviously .... Normal mechanic can't look at it till thursday,

Anyone know of any good mechanic's around the ballincollig area ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I got my car serviced in a relatively new place in the village (next to Shell Garage - opp the new Aldi). It's called Autofast. I didn't have to book the car in and I had it back in half hour. Cost me €89. :) (Last time my regular mechanic - who's been doing it for over 10 years - cost me €250 and kept it until the following day! :mad: ).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Happened to me with my Fiesta - probably as a result of hitting the kerb pretty hard the first time I drove it.

Look behind the wheels - that's where it was leaking on mine (on the left side). Under normal conditions it didn't leak much, but if you turned the wheels fully it was pissing the stuff.

Cost me about €400 in total to get a new rack put in. I wouldn't be surprised if it cost €700 for your car. I was told for the amount of work involved in changing the rack, it wouldn't be worth it with a second-hand one.

Advertisement