Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pimp My Cruiser

Options
  • 23-04-2007 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

The Landcruiser is bought and paid for. It now needs just a touch of pimping up.

1) Pioneer CD Tuner with iPod Interface
    2) New Spare Wheel Cover
    3) Roof Bars
    4) Bedliner
    5? Handsfree Kit

Some suggestions on where to buy this stuff would be great.

I bought the stereo off PixMania for €200 already. I rang SafeSounds earlier and they would have fitted it for €250. I've saved €50 but the fitting is going to be complicated. The iPod cable has to lead into the glovebox. Would I get someone to fit this for less than €50?

The dealer suggested a company called Towing Equipment on the Naas Rd for most of the other stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

gary in gw autos is very good at fitting radios ,good at anything electrical 0868228014

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'd imagine all that needs to be done with the wheel cover is to cut the presiding rear facing vinyl/plastic part and install another one in the same frame. A DIY jobbie

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

when getting the hands free kit installed they might put the radio in aswell if they know what they are doing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

<stir mode>
    Maybe a nice set of bullbars for the front of it...
    </stir mode>

You should be able to fit the radio yourself handy enough I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

mloc123 wrote:
    <stir mode>
    Maybe a nice set of bullbars for the front of it...
    </stir mode>
    It actually already has an A-Bar. Is this illegal?

The existing wheel cover just covers the alloy. It's solid and has a lock. It's fairly tatty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Don't think there are any legal issues, are there?

Get a locking nut of the spare wheel aswell, if it doesn't already. I presume you can get wheel cover 'kits' that would include all the fittings aswell as the cover, not sure on that tho'

There is just a plain nut on it at the moment. I'm assuming that people won't go to the trouble of removing two covers to rob the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A spare wheel cover won't fit on the rear wheel if the original centre lock nut is in place. You can use the centre outer lock nut to hold the wheel on to the door plate. the threaded bar that the original Toyota cover is bolted on to can be removed, there are 10mm bolts holding it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Installing the head unit should be easy - I installed a Pioneer head unit with ipod kit in my own car. In my car the glovebox was fully removable - I just had to remove 6 screws and disconnect the wiring for its light to get it out. I then just drilled a hole in the console-side of it to run the ipod cable through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

wow 250 for fitting a stereo.If thats what they are charging thats a rip off.I got my stero and car kit fitted for 40 euro.And its perfect.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

drdre wrote:
    wow 250 for fitting a stereo.If thats what they are charging thats a rip off.I got my stero and car kit fitted for 40 euro.And its perfect.:)

i think he means 200 for supply of the parts from pixmania, and 250 for supply of parts and fitting from the irish guys. 50 euro for the fitting, which is a bargain if you're clueless about electronics.

I fitted the stereo myself. It didn't come with the iPod cable. Had to buy a harness adaptor for €20 too. :(

I should have gone to SafeSounds. I will be giving them €20 next week for the cable now anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Safesounds are still quite pricey though. I got my pioneers for €250 from Germany and Safe Sounds wanted €450 for the same one fitted. You can pick up the ipod cable cheaper on ebay and it's easy to fit. You will have to tap into a power supply for it though. I'd think of somewhere other than the glovebox for it though. First place a scumbag will look when he breaks into you car. I have mine fed to the rear cup holder in my car and the regular cup holder is removed so the sprinf loaded tray reveals my ipod when I want to take it out.

The iPod cable is double that price on eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They brought out a newer version of the ipod adapter. Check which one you are looking at in Safe Sounds and Ebay

I am looking at the new one. It's 5 euro cheaper on list price.

With shipping though it's double the price.

Advertisement