Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Watching / Last Match, Event or Documentary You Saw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Making my way through a bunch of MCMG in Japan at the moment. Last nigth I watched Guns Vs Hidaka & Dick Togo from ZERO-1, and Vs No Limit from the Wrestle Kingdom show.

Both exceptional matches. The Guns are such a fluid tag team and they wrestle an an amazing pace.

Tonight now I will watch the double shot Vs Apollo 55.

Must try find some more stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gimmick wrote: »
    and Vs No Limit from the Wrestle Kingdom show.

In typical TNA fashion, they completely wasted No Limit when they had them for a few months. They even did No Limit/The Guns on iMPACT! but it was a five minute rush job. They'll probably be most remembered in the US for jobbing to Kevin Nash in a handicap match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Wrestlemania 25...Crazy eh!? I just don't have the motivation to sit through it anymore. I'll watch mania each year but that's about all I can muster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Naomichi Marufuji vs KENTA from the 6/6 NOAH show.
    Not really up to much.

Nah just kidding it's awesome. KENTA did not look like someone who had been out of action for seven plus months. The day these two have a bad match with each other will be an odd one for sure.

Just catching up on a lot of the stuff from Japan that I neglected to watch so far this year.

Right now it's probably second on my top matches from Japan this year behind Shingo vs BxB Hulk and slightly ahead of the Marafuji vs. Devitt match from January.

However, I've read a lot of good things about Go Shiozaki vs. Kensuke Sasaki from July in NOAH so I must check that out. Anyone seen it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

what date/show was that hair vs hair match? would like to get the full thing (not from youtube) :)

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    what date/show was that hair vs hair match? would like to get the full thing (not from youtube) :)

Holla if you need any help finding it.

Careful now. I would suggest ye swap email addresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

chordtype wrote: »

Holla if you need any help finding it.

Thanks, I found it :) Was from the 'Dragon Gate Kobe Pro-Wrestling Festival 2010'

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Thanks, I found it :) Was from the 'Dragon Gate Kobe Pro-Wrestling Festival 2010'

It was indeed.

Watched MCMG Vs Apollo 55 last night. What a match. It really shows all 4 guys in the best of lights and makes our very own Fergal Devitt to be a real star.

Went just about the right length of time. Not too many near falls, but any more would have gotten on my nerves a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Lads is there any videos on the net or in existence of Devitt vs Danielson from "Reclaiming The Glory" And the NWA title qualifers from 2007???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Lads is there any videos on the net or in existence of Devitt vs Danielson from "Reclaiming The Glory" And the NWA title qualifers from 2007???

I'm having a look around but I can't find anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Stumbled across this just now. Real fast paced match. Never knew how good the Rock n' Roll Express was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Just after watching Summerslam 2002. Man that was such an awesome PPV. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

Tribesmen7 wrote: »
    Just after watching Summerslam 2002. Man that was such an awesome PPV. :)

Yeah I really bloody loved SummerSlam 2000-2002. Everyone always says how great 2002 is but taken as a trilogy they're really all fantastic thoroughly enjoyable events. Quite a few extremely good matches.

41KF7VKJD2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I was watching the ECW documentary so I stuck this in after. It was great at the time to see a proper ECW show like this back on telly. Well, I say back on telly but I didn't see it on telly of course. I did however see some of the Delta Music releases before ECW went under.

This One Night Stand event I think was produced by Heyman and some ECW "originals" because from the booking to the whole direction none of it has the feel of Vince McMahon and his boys like the later "ECW" shows.

In the same vein as most of what made ECW ECW this show was greater as a whole than the sum of its parts. The matches themselves on their own aren't classics and some have a few blown spots but overall this was a very fun show. Bit ambivalent on the inclusion of the RAW and Smackdown guys though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Loved One Night Stand. Thought it was so good that I bought it on DVD. Normally I wouldn't have much interest in ECW or hardcore wrestling but this was a real fun PPV. From the matches to the fans To the shoot/worked interviews it was a great PPV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭glenjamin

The Rise and Fall of ECW is the best DVD about ECW. I was lucky to pick it up in a GAME shop for €2 few months back. Some quality matches on it too.

€2? :eek: wow you did well there!

I enjoyed the One Night Stand thing but it wasn't really great. Like I wouldn't recommend it to someone who's an old school Ric Flair/Harley Race fan. There's a fair few botched spots in it and you can see a lot of the guys who've not worked in the mainstream spotlight since ECW/WCW went under were a bit rusty. I think Jericho/Storm was the best match of the night.

It pissed me off to no end that the fans were hurling abuse at the RAW/Smackdown guys during the Benoit/Eddie match. Either they had no plan for the match or their plan to wrestle went out the window because I found it to be quite poor probably because of the crowd. The "crusaders" invasion thing was a pile of shite anyway and it shouldn't have been done as it destracted the crowd and gave them something to shout at while they're already acustomed to hurling abuse without an Eric Bishoff, Edge or JBL to egg them on.

Did ye notice JBL battering the bejaysus out of Blue Meanie at the end? Poor bastard!

Completely forgot that The Briscoes Faced KENTA & Marufuji of GBH night 1 2006. So I decided I would have a look at it last night. What a ridiculously good match. No surprises there in fairness as given who was involved it could not have been anything other than brillianty.

My only flaw is that I felt the end came a bit too quick, but on the other hand I am forever giving out about too many kick outs, so all in all minum fuss, great match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Watched a few Rollerball Rocco matches tonight. What a magnificent heel and worker he was. Just noticed that Jericho seems to have been highly influenced by him in the ring with the little actions they both do and say.

First one I watched was v Dynamite Kid. Wasn't as good as I expected it to be. Kid was doing stuff that should have got him disqualified under the rules they had which took away from it, but it was still a fun match.

Second was a match with a young Jushin Liger that was even better than I expected. Fantastic wrestling and a really hot crowd. Only downside is it leaves you thinking that it's a shame that Liger's hunky body was hidden for so much of his career later on.

I'm watching TNA on Setanta at the minute. I've heard the word "****" about a dozen times now and it isn't even 7PM. There's also a lot of innuendo going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

It pissed me off to no end that the fans were hurling abuse at the RAW/Smackdown guys during the Benoit/Eddie match. Either they had no plan for the match or their plan to wrestle went out the window because I found it to be quite poor probably because of the crowd. The "crusaders" invasion thing was a pile of shite anyway and it shouldn't have been done as it destracted the crowd and gave them something to shout at while they're already acustomed to hurling abuse without an Eric Bishoff, Edge or JBL to egg them on.

From what I remember, Benoit and Eddie had a ruck backstage before their match, or Eddie complained about the finish or something and tried to have it changed .... and basically that's why they weren't able to deliver what they usually did. Can't recall the details, but it definitely led to a row afterwards.

Watched some Ted DiBiase stuff from AJPW tagging with Stan Hansen today- Teddy was in his prime back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Last night i had a few beers and watched the 2006 HOF. I remember being there and enjoying it so for the first time decided to stick the dvd on to relive the memories.

Great show and just as good this time around.

Started great with Bobby Heenan introducing the Blackjacks even though the Blackjaks were a bit dull. Verne Gagne son done a decent speach and Verne himself done a nice wee talk. The jibes at Vince had me laughing.

Skipped the William Perry bit.

Sensation Sherri was sensational:pac:. Best part of the show. The Million Dollar Man done a great intro then Sherri took the stage. From her stories to puting down crowd members and just looking delighted to be there was great to watch. Worth watching this part alone if you can't be bothered watching the whole show.

Tony Atlas was a bit cringeworthy but told a few decent stories.

Mean Gene Okerlund done a great segment. Funny.

Next was the tear jerker with Eddie. Chavo started the intro talking about how the year before they were in the crowd and how he can't believe they are now inducting Eddie. Beniot and Rey done their bit then Vicky and the 2 girls came on. You could just feel the emotion. The story about Eddie and the water guns kind of sums up the feeling about Eddie.

The show ends with Austin introducing Bret. Austin was his usual brash self and Bret done a good talk. Few lines about Owen and some other good reminders of the past. Enjoyed.

I would imagine that this might not make great viewing to some but if it's your thing then give it a watch. Great way to pass a few hours on a Friday night with a few beers. I have a good few of these HOF's on the WM dvd's so my next month of Friday nights are sorted.

Misawa and Kobashi from 2003 in NOAH. Probably their last great match with each other and arguably Misawa's last 5 great match. Kind of sad watching it knowing that all the times that Misawa gets dropped on his head (you'd nearly lose count in this match) ultimately led to his death. Kobashi takes his share of the punishment to including a sick tiger suplex off the entrance way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Watched Vader vs Sting & Hbk vs Vader on a wwe dvd last nite never realised he was such a great worker.He worked his ass off in that match. When I look at him I think he's something thats missing in Tv Wrestling nowdays a big man who can go & works a stiff style.Don't think Vince was ever a fan of him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Misawa and Kobashi from 2003 in NOAH. Probably their last great match with each other and arguably Misawa's last 5 great match. Kind of sad watching it knowing that all the times that Misawa gets dropped on his head (you'd nearly lose count in this match) ultimately led to his death. Kobashi takes his share of the punishment to including a sick tiger suplex off the entrance way.

I've never seen a better tope suicida than the one Misawa hits in this match -like a rocket! This match is sensationa, top candidate for match of the decade IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm not being thick but where can you find Wrestling Dvds that aren't WWE/WCW/TNA.I don't want to pay using a Credit card but I can never find ROH or Japanese dvds even 2nd hand in any Shops.I could try Adverts but don't want to be screwed on Prices.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I've never seen a better tope suicida than the one Misawa hits in this match -like a rocket! This match is sensational, top candidate for match of the decade IMO.

Certainly is.

Sad to think that they won't have any more matches together. I think Kobashi's days are numbered now. He should really consider calling it a day now with all his injuries. When you're having trouble moving your fingers you shouldn't really be wrestling. I think he's left a legacy that few have and unlike some of the US guys I don't think money will ever be an issue for him again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Certainly is.

Sad to think that they won't have any more matches together. I think Kobashi's days are numbered now. He should really consider calling it a day now with all his injuries. When you're having trouble moving your fingers you shouldn't really be wrestling. I think he's left a legacy that few have and unlike some of the US guys I don't think money will ever be an issue for him again.

I actually thought Kobashi was always the most likely Japanese guy to have an early end. I'd still have grave concernes about the man's health however.:(

Advertisement