Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Watching / Last Match, Event or Documentary You Saw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'm not being thick but where can you find Wrestling Dvds that aren't WWE/WCW/TNA.I don't want to pay using a Credit card but I can never find ROH or Japanese dvds even 2nd hand in any Shops.I could try Adverts but don't want to be screwed on Prices.

Would Paypal be an option? You could try the Wrestling Mania store in Dublin but I have no idea about their selection or prices.

Highspots.com has a great selection of All Japan compilations for pretty decent prices. I shall be picking up a few myself when funds improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just finished watching the Best Of Dragongate DVD.

Quite good, but I think the storylines surrounding Gamma and his stable, The Muscle Outalws, was featured a tad too much and the whole crooked ref thing just pissed me off as it ruined perfectly good matches.

Stand out matches were most certainly Don Fuji Vs Ypkosuka and Ryo Saito Vs Mochisuka, the latter being an absolute humdinger.

I also did not like how Genki Hoiguchi went from happy go lucky H-A-G-E guy to the demonic goth without any explanation whatsoever.

It showed the improving Evan Bourne (then Matt Sydal) in a great light, and we also get 2 great BXB Hulk Entrances.

I would recommend this DVD, but would not be paying too much for it for the criticisms outlined above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    Just finished watching the Best Of Dragongate DVD.

Quite good, but I think the storylines surrounding Gamma and his stable, The Muscle Outalws, was featured a tad too much and the whole crooked ref thing just pissed me off as it ruined perfectly good matches.

Stand out matches were most certainly Don Fuji Vs Ypkosuka and Ryo Saito Vs Mochisuka, the latter being an absolute humdinger.

I also did not like how Genki Hoiguchi went from happy go lucky H-A-G-E guy to the demonic goth without any explanation whatsoever.

It showed the improving Evan Bourne (then Matt Sydal) in a great light, and we also get 2 great BXB Hulk Entrances.

I would recommend this DVD, but would not be paying too much for it for the criticisms outlined above.

In fairness to Dragon Gate they do tonnes of microphone work during and at the end of their TV shows/live events/Infinity episodes to explain the various faction splits or heel turns. I'd imagine they just left all that stuff out such as the details of Genki's heel turn off an English seaking DVD release as most of it means nothing to a western audience.

I enjoyed that GAMMA period of prominence in Dragon Gate a lot I have to say. While the factions shennanigans resulted in a lot of non finishes to matches, because the Japanese keep the integrity of matches almost religiously in most cases, a faction that enjoys ruining matches and has a hel ref comes across as extra dastardly. Also GAMMA is ridiculously good as a rat bastard heel - that gimmick he does of spitting beer or water in his opponent's face in the corner is unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'm not being thick but where can you find Wrestling Dvds that aren't WWE/WCW/TNA.I don't want to pay using a Credit card but I can never find ROH or Japanese dvds even 2nd hand in any Shops.I could try Adverts but don't want to be screwed on Prices.

To be honest, you'd really need to be using a credit card... but to make it up for it, you can get so much more stuff cheaper online.

Watched Kobashi vs Awesome yesterday for the GHC title, bloody brutal match...really spectacular. Recommend to anyone who can find it online (i don't think it's on youtube).
    Second the notion that the great man should call it a day though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I got tickets for Raw tour in Montreal, I wonder if Bret Hart will be there for the 1st time since 97 as part of the WWE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

Last wwe event i watched was wrestlemania 2010, last raw show i saw was in 2008. Wrestlemania was alright, favourite match was edge/jericho. I know a lot of people hate jericho because of his gimmick, but he could really work the crowd and i found him entertaining

Watched Kobashi vs Awesome yesterday for the GHC title, bloody brutal match...really spectacular. Recommend to anyone who can find it online (i don't think it's on youtube).
    Second the notion that the great man should call it a day though...

Got an approx date on that one?

Got an approx date on that one?

12/04/04

I think that's right. It's pretty epic... Awesome brings a different dynamic than the native heavyweights. But it goes without saying that there's some scary Powerbomb spots.

Also watched, Kenta Kobashi vs. Akitoshi Saito (GHC Title, 10/24/04) and it's another one that stands out as really different from the typical GHC title bouts. Still hard-hitting, but Kobashi works as a babyface in peril more straightforwardly, like in his older stuff.

Cheers man. Its not where I thought it might be though.

Wading my way through the careers of KENTA and Marufuji at the mo. They are both effing awesome. I watched some match last night between them, and the finishing sprint started at the opening bell, and it was just 20 minutes of craziness. They have such a great chemistry. I love watching them wrestle, espcially when they wrestle each other....

12/04/04

I think that's right. It's pretty epic... Awesome brings a different dynamic than the native heavyweights. But it goes without saying that there's some scary Powerbomb spots.

Also watched, Kenta Kobashi vs. Akitoshi Saito (GHC Title, 10/24/04) and it's another one that stands out as really different from the typical GHC title bouts. Still hard-hitting, but Kobashi works as a babyface in peril more straightforwardly, like in his older stuff.

Someone got the Kobashi GHC Title reign comp.:pac:

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Someone got the Kobashi GHC Title reign comp.:pac:

Nearly.... but even better.... The History of the GHC title comp. Fantastic, fantastic set. Had it for some time, but not watched everything on it.

Nearly.... but even better.... The History of the GHC title comp. Fantastic, fantastic set. Had it for some time, but not watched everything on it.

Ah yes thats actually the one I meant. Great little set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just watched the 60-man battle royal from World War 3 1998. Jaysus, what a mess. So many jobbers! The camera work was a mess, but what can u do with 3 separate rings? Nash eliminated everyone in a few minutes so at least we were down to 2 rings lol....

Working my way through some Dragongate Infinity at the moment. Started abitrarily at Dragongate 179, and have watchted that and 180. It seems to be a good little re cap show showing 2 or 3 full matches per show.

On each show we are given some Yokosuka excellence, one in a match with Cyber Kong and next in a tag against Don Fuji and Mochisuki. The chemistry between Yoko amd Mochi is incredible. I would liken it to KENTA and Marufuji.

2 excellent 6 man matches as well.

Its nice and easy to follow. Obviously I do not have a word of Japanese, but it is easy enought o tell who is feuding with whom already.

Recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had a look at Fergal Devitt's match with Kenny Omega for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title on Youtube. I think they wrestled a few weeks back. It's up on the NJPW channel. Great match. One of the best I've seen this year probably. Devitt really plays a great babyface and the girls love him. First time I've seen Omega wrestle too and I was impressed with him. Worth checking out.

^ Funnily enough I was going to watch that last night, but decided on KENTA Vs Go Shiosaki instead, which was all sorts of awesome. As stiff as you like with some nice spots thrown in there as well. Go is after getting very big looking.

One question which the puro heads will probably know - I only noticed it recently at the DG shows, and since have noticed it an awful lot. Why when doing an impact move does the aggressor shout the bame of his opponent? Is this a new thing, or has it always been so?

chordtype wrote: »
    Hair vs Hair Match - Shingo vs BxB Hulk

Everybody NEEDS to see this match.

Stunning stunning match. I think I watched this after a few drinks before and was not impressed, but absolutely loved it whe I watched it earlier again. Deffo one to watch again and again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

watchin lots of old vids down in college just watched mania 10, was really impressed with pierre oulette....big enough man and some cool dives......finish in bret and yoko wasnt great to be honest.....was cool to see macho in it, didnt know they had him still wrestling.....

Also watched superbrawl 9....which was interestin.....first time mysterio had to show his face, could of been done better...... was lookin forward to flair v hogan but was ruined by typical wcw ****e booking

King of the Ring 95 was site now in fairness.....to many savio vega matches

Watched Spring Stampede 98 which was ok.....had a few good matches such as ultimo dragon v chavo ( eddie was great here playin the a- hole uncle) and goldberg v saturn was supringly good

Wrestlemania 2000 i thought was fairly good.....edge & christian v hardyz v dudleys and angle v jericho v benoit were the best matches.....great seein the radicalz to, even if eddie did get pinned by chyna

Gotta love the old gimmicks and the nostalgic feel you get from watchin old ppvs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Started watching the new HBK DVD earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Watching the Mr Perfect dvd at the minute. Great stuff and such a shame to lose him so young :mad:

• Advertisement

Watched Yokosuka Vs Yamato and the 6 man from DGUSA mercury rising last night. Bloody hell. Even in my bleary eyed drunken haze I was blown away by both again. Yokosuka is fast becoming my favourite wrestler in the world.

Watched Yokosuka Vs Yamato and the 6 man from DGUSA mercury rising last night. Bloody hell. Even in my bleary eyed drunken haze I was blown away by both again. Yokosuka is fast becoming my favourite wrestler in the world.

Yokosuka = Most underrated in the world.

^^^
    Agreed.
    Looking forward to the DGUSA show on friday immensely.

Also juggling tna/best of the asylum years, and evolve 4 atm. Bobby Fish vs Danielson is a great contest- Fish's selling is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Also juggling tna/best of the asylum years,

How're you finding this? I have it but I'm not going to watch it because I have all the weekly PPV's on my computer and I'm slowly making my way through all them and I want to limit the stuff I've already seen.

Some of the match choices are absurd to be honest, but it's really good stuff overall, and it's nice to see a few different faces. They should be doing more of this sort of release, as it really puts over the development of the company. I'll link the review when I'm done.

Some of the match choices are absurd to be honest, but it's really good stuff overall, and it's nice to see a few different faces. They should be doing more of this sort of release, as it really puts over the development of the company. I'll link the review when I'm done.

There are times these days that you'd swear the Asylum years never happened the way they go on. Though some of the stuff on those old weekly PPV's was just horrible, much worse than the worst of the stuff they do these days. Just looking at the match listing though, the DVD looks strong and it's nice to see a fair bit of Monty Brown on Disc 2.

There are times these days that you'd swear the Asylum years never happened the way they go on. Though some of the stuff on those old weekly PPV's was just horrible, much worse than the worst of the stuff they do these days. Just looking at the match listing though, the DVD looks strong and it's nice to see a fair bit of Monty Brown on Disc 2.

Funny you say that... I'm up to Jeff Hardy/Monty Brown... horrible match!
    It's a must for AJ fans, I have to say.

Funny you say that... I'm up to Jeff Hardy/Monty Brown... horrible match!
    It's a must for AJ fans, I have to say.

Sure most Monty Brown matches weren't great but for some reason I still love him. AJ dominated that era so much across all divisions that's it's practically impossible for TNA to release a set of this kind and not feature AJ's awesomeness in high quantities.

Just watched the first Triple X/AMW cage match and it was much better than I remembered - not as good as the Turning Point match but still an incredible match, just a small reminder of just how good AMW (and Triple X) were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Watched PWG Seven recently and it was the best event I've seen in a long time. You know it's something special when Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong is one of the weakest matches on the card.

Any other PWG dvds that are must see?

Advertisement