Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Watching / Last Match, Event or Documentary You Saw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Watched PWG Seven recently and it was the best event I've seen in a long time. You know it's something special when Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong is one of the weakest matches on the card.

Any other PWG dvds that are must see?

Any of the Battle of Los Angeles shows are great. This years one had a few MOTY candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Very few PWG shows are poor. Their 5 year anniversary show and 100 are both excellent from more recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    Watched PWG Seven recently and it was the best event I've seen in a long time. You know it's something special when Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong is one of the weakest matches on the card.

Any other PWG dvds that are must see?

Any match the Young Bucks have had in PWG is pretty sensational.

It may be trite and it may be cliched, but KENTA and Naomichi Marufujis most recent effort has again been a barnstormer. It was from a tribute show from 2 weeks ago for (I think) the old guy who used read the memorandum before title matches.

It was not their best effort by any means, but every time they face each other, they do something new and innovative. There are a few highlights to this, but for me, and it is an odd one, the opening sequence blew me away.

Watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

gimmick wrote: »
    It may be trite and it may be cliched, but KENTA and Naomichi Marufujis most recent effort has again been a barnstormer. It was from a tribute show from 2 weeks ago for (I think) the old guy who used read the memorandum before title matches.

It was not their best effort by any means, but every time they face each other, they do something new and innovative. There are a few highlights to this, but for me, and it is an odd one, the opening sequence blew me away.

Watch.

The bauld Joe Higuchi, synonomyomous with pretty much all my puro viewing over the years either as a ref or readind the memorandum. Thanks for the tip off, can't wait to watch it.

• Advertisement

Watched most of Glory By Honor 2010 this week. The stand out os the absolutely BRUTAL tag chain match with Colt & Generico Vs Steen & Corino. I am not usually one for such a trash match, but this was all sorts of awesome. Hardly surprsing given the competitors

The Kings Of Wrestling Vs Worlds Greatest Tag Team was good as well, I would give it excellent apart from the finish.

Also watched AJ Vs Daniels from Against All Odds 2005. Great macth there as well. The chemistry those 2 is just fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Due to a combination of the buzz over a possible Sting return and some boredom I've decided to check out some early nineties WCW, and for no particular reason I've settled on 1993. My aim is to work through each WCW PPV from the year. Not sure if I've chosen a bad year or not but I'll see how it goes. First up was the WCW/New Japan Supershow from January 4th of that year. It took place in the Tokyo Dome. I'd never seen this event before (I've maybe seen 1 or 2 WCW PPVs from the early nineties) and here are my thoughts on the event...

Match 1 - Jushin Thunder Liger vs Ultimate Dragon (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title)

Eric Bischoff introduced the action and Schiavone and J.R. were on commentary.

'Ultimate Dragon' was Ultimo Dragon. Lots of mat wrestling in this one early on. The timing was off from both guys at times when it got quicker. Dragon hit a great cross body on Liger on the outside. Dragon had a bad botch though where he hit Liger with a tombstone piledriver and then went up top to hit a move only for his foot to slip on the top rope and for him to fall comically. It got better after that but there was another bad spot where Liger went for a clothesline off the top and hit Dragon whose foot lightly glanced Liger - who then proceeded to sell it like he'd been badly hit. This didn't look good. The commentators said fans had been waiting for this for 3 years. Uh oh. Things got better near the end and Liger won with the frankensteiner.

Verdict: On paper this should have been a classic but the chemistry just wasn't there on the night. Some sloppy moments make this a disappointment. Schiavone called it one of the best Junior Heavyweight Title matches you're ever gonna want to see. Bullsh*t my friend!

Match 2 - Ron Simmons vs Tony Halme

Simmons had lost his WCW title to Vader only days before I think. I didn't recognise Halme at first but upon looking him up it was actually the guy who later was WWF's Ludvig Borga. This was not a very long match. It wasn't that bad overall but it did have a quite abrupt finish with Simmons winning with the spinebuster.

Verdict: Decent for what it was.

Match 3 - Dustin Rhodes & Scott Norton vs Shinya Hashimoto & Masa Saito

This was a lot better than today's tag team wrestling (well on WWE anyway) but there were a few clumsy spots here and there. The fans seemed into it and it had its moments. Rhodes was pinned by Hashimoto after a spinning kick.

Verdict: OK match. Not great.

Match 4 - Masahiro Chono vs The Great Muta (NWA Heavyweight Title)

Chono entered first despite being the champion. It was suggested this was to accommodate Muta's entrance. He came out in a very cool outfit. Muta won the NWA World Title in a very nice match. Both of these guys could work well. There was a lot of mat wrestling in the early stages. There was then some fighting on the ramp and near the end there were a lot of big moves being hit. Chono kicked out of Muta's first moonsault but he hit it a second time to get the victory.

Verdict: Good match. The best on the show.

Match 5 - Takayuki Iizuka, Akira Nogami and El Samurai vs Nobukazu Hirai, Masao Orihara and Koki Kitahara

Bischoff called this match by himself as he said Ross and Schiavone were heading to a sushi bar! Huh?!

I've never heard of any of these guys and I don't think Bischoff had either. Bischoff had no real desire to get the match over. At one stage a guy was being double teamed but Bischoff was busy thanking the audio guys and production staff for putting the event together. The match was OK but had something I dislike in matches - which tends to happen a lot on the indy scene - where a guy takes several huge moves and then kicks out. There was a bad example of that here. One guy actually took a spike piledriver, followed by a superplex, followed by a spike tombstone piledriver and then - yes there was more - he then took a diving headbutt and...yes he kicked out at two. I mean, come on! Bischoff on commentary didn't acknowledge this as a big deal or anything either. People talk about psychology and to me this is a good example because it's not making the contest believable or creating interest.

The finish was weird because it looked like Hirai (Wiki says it was Orihara but Bischoff said it was Hirai. Maybe believe Wikipedia) was legitimately knocked out and there was a bit of confusion as to what to do. They ended up doing a big mass brawl and then he was just pinned.

Verdict: Technically speaking the match was fine. From a storytelling POV it was a mess and Bischoff did it no favours.

Match 6 - Main Event: Sting vs Hiroshi Hase

J.R. and Schiavone were back on commentary. No mention of sushi bars but hopefully they had a nice meal. I spoiled the result of this one for myself by looking up the participants from the last match. D'oh. I was still eager to see the Stinger in action however.

Sting got a great reaction from the Japanese crowd. I don't think I've seen Hase wrestle before. The match was good I felt. It perhaps became a bit flat near the finish. It's odd when the fans are so quiet as you're not sure if the wrestlers could be doing better. The fans weren't as into this as some of the other matches but that last one could have tired them out. Technically speaking it was fine and both men could go. Sting had this weird spot where he ran towards the turnbuckle and jumped for the second rope and then sprung off it backwards in a sort of star motion and he clattered into Hase. I wondered if it was a botch but it didn't look like it on replays. Sting got the win with a splash off the top rope on Hase.

Verdict: Good match. One of the better ones on the card.

Overall show verdict: It's tough to recommend this PPV in all honesty. On the plus side there were clean finishes to all the matches. Normally I tend to be wary of these US/Japanese shows because I always expect BS finishes like count-outs and other such ways to help wrestlers save face, but here there wasn't any of that. There was good action in places too. On the downside, I expected better from some of the matches and there was a lack of chemistry in several. The opener was particularly disappointing in that regard.

The best match in my view was Muta winning the title but I'm sure that in itself is available on Youtube to watch. Only seek out the others if you are a fan of one of the wrestlers involved. I guess at the time it delivered since there were title changes and notable moments but looking back this PPV is not a classic by any means.

I think the next WCW event from 1993 is SuperBrawl III so I hope to check that out at some stage.

Mixed bag today to say the least. I usually have kickboxing for 3 hours tonight, but as I have a sprained toe on each foot, I have had to sit tonight out. so, I said I would catch some wrasslin', or more specifically, some Japanese Wrasslin'

First I watched Stan Hansen Vs Kenta Kobashi from the early 90s (91 I think). As expected, a harsh and brutal war between two guys at opposite ends of their careers. Nothing amazing, but a good look at what both men are capable of.

After that I was Mochisuki Vs Yokosuka, then BxB Hulk & Naruki Doi Vs Shingo and Yamato. I saw both these live at the latest Broxbourne tour, and while both were excellent, I still feel folk are over rating the former. Now, It was a great match, and it is quite apparent they could wrestle blindfolded, but it was not as good as other matches these guys have had. As for the tag match - it was DG tag perfection. Relentless pace from the off, a good sense of psychology, which is unusual in such matches, and some tasty spots made this one of the best matches I have seen live, and the 25 minutes of it earlier just flew. 4.5 stars from me.

Finally I watched KENTA Vs Yoshihiro Takayama. The description I was given of this was "ow", and boy does it live up to that. They kick the living crap out of each other from the 11/12 minutes of it, and the interaction is odd as it is essentially a junior Vs a heavyweight. Maybe if it got another 5/6 minutes I would have put this in the matches of the year thread, but being relatively short it could not really pass the 3 star mark for me.

All in all a good evening.

Final Countdown Tour : Boston - Brian Danielson Vs Davey Richards. At about 40 minutes, I thought this would drag slightly, but oh boy it does not. A fantastic outing from two of the best guys in wrestling. Only drawback is the commentary is turned up a bit too loud which drowns out the fairly lively crowd.

NJPW tag titles Apollo55 Vs Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi. As I said in the matches of the year that, a humdinger. Get this match seen. A fantastic tag match.

SuperBrawl III

Continuing my review of WCW PPVs from 1993 I just got through the second show, SuperBrawl III, which was held on February 21st of that year in Asheville, North Carolina.

Jesse Ventura and Tony Schiavone were on commentary. I wonder if J.R. was gone from the company at this point. He was at Wrestlemania IX a few weeks after this so he might have been. Bischoff was working as an interviewer.

Hollywood Blonds vs Erik Watts and Marcus Bagwell

Watts was the son of WCW booker Bill Watts and often faced accusations of benefitting via nepotism. Unsurprisingly he was hated by this crowd. Lots of boos when he was in there and 'Erik sucks' chants. It was hilarious at one point because Ventura asked Schiavone why the fans were booing him and I kid you not Schiavone says 'are you sure that's boo or is it woo?' :D Couldn't make it up. This was a great tag match to start things off which the Blonds won.

Verdict: Great opener. Pillman and Austin don't disappoint do they?

Too Cold Scorpio vs Chris Benoit

I have difficulty watching Benoit's matches now tbh. I did try to watch this but I quit.

Verdict: N/A

British Bulldog vs Bill Irwin

This was Bulldog's first WCW outing I think. It was kept short which was good as the two had little chemistry. Bulldog wins.

Verdict: Basically a squash

Cactus Jack vs Paul Orndorff - Falls Count Anywhere

Your typical Cactus Jack match with lots of crazy bumps. I enjoyed it. One cool spot in particular was Orndorff suplexing Cactus on the steel rail which looked awesome. The story was Orndorff working the leg and he hit it with some chair shots, but Cactus managed to nail him with a shovel for the pin.

Verdict: Great match.

The Heavenly Bodies vs Rock 'n' Roll Express

The R N R got a great reaction. Cornette was out with the Bodies. This was a terrific tag team match and is what tag wrestling should be all about. Great storytelling, and some entertaining moments involving Cornette. Ricky Morton really was a star.

Verdict: Super tag match.

Maxx Payne vs Dustin Rhodes (US Title)

We know Rhodes is a good worker and Payne was not bad either so they had a decent match. Payne had played the national anthem on his guitar at the start of the show incidentally despite being a heel. The finish was lame with Payne in an abdominal stretch dragging the ref into Rhodes to break it up forcing the DQ. They brawled some more afterwards.

Verdict: Not bad but nothing special.

Barry Windham vs The Great Muta (NWA World Title)

Flair came out before the match - Woo! The fans were crazy for him as you'd expect in North Carolina. He gave a promo before the match and stayed for commentary. Windham was sporting some bad facial hair. As the ref did the pre-match rundown, 'I want a good clean fight etc.', the fans chanted 'we want Flair'. As you'd expect with a match involving these two and Flair on commentary it was a good match. Windham won the title and the fans popped big for it despite Windham wrestling the match as a heel. Afterwards Flair put the gold on Windham who didn't seem too keen on that.

Verdict: Good match

Vader vs Sting (Leather Strap Match)

Vader was the World Champ but the title was not on the line. The story was this was a non-sanctioned match. All through the night they kept playing these very weird skits hyping the match that looked like outtakes from a bad sci-fi channel movie.

Anyways this was a great, great match. I normally hate this style of match but it was really enjoyable here. I think the fact the fans were so into it helped. Sting was hugely over and I love the chemistry of these two. There were some great moments. The finish was Vader winning controversially because they said the opponent had to be dragged to all four sides but it appeared he never dragged Sting to the fourth corner.

Verdict: Another super match.

Overall show verdict: This was a fantastic PPV. A lot better than the previous one I reviewed. Just looking at the card now you can see there were some major stars on show, the majority of whom were very talented workers. There were several great matches and the ones that weren't were kept short and weren't what you'd call stinkers. This event comes highly recommended.

• Advertisement

WCW Slamboree: A Legends Reunion

As I continue through my look back at WCW PPVs from 1993 next up was Slamboree which was billed as a legends reunion show. Legends of wrestling from the past participated in some matches and the first men were inducted into the WCW Hall of Fame. The event took place on May 23rd in The Omni, Atlanta, Georgia.

The show begins with a Legends reunion. Forty legends were in the ring. Guys like Bockwinkel, Dory Funk Jr, Lou Thesz and more. Larry Zybysko was there with Schiavone on commentary because Ventura was apparently in hospital for some reason.

Max Payne again opened the show on guitar and loads of oily, muscular dudes in speedo tight trunks came down carrying a throne. Moolah was inside and not Pat Paterson as I had thought. I'm not sure if she was featured on the show again though. I can't recall anything. The first match featured Benoit in action so I gave that a miss but here's my thoughts on the other matches on the card...

Van Hammer vs Sid Vicious

Colonel Rob Parker, who looked like Colonel Homer, came down to reveal the opponent was Sid who got a great pop. Sid got the win in less than a minute and it was smart to keep this short.

Verdict: Alright for what it was.

Bishoff interviewed legends Red Bastien and Bugsy McGraw and Bugsy cut a very funny promo on Bischoff who was wearing too much make-up, baby!

Dick Murdoch, Don Muraco, Superfly Jimmy Snuka vs Wahoo McDaniel, Blackjack Mulligan, Jumping Jim Brunzell

This was the first of three legends matches on the show. Does Brunzell really qualify as a legend? Anyway, interestingly enough Wahoo got the biggest pop. Snuka looked in very good shape as did Brunzell. The match was what you'd expect with guys who were as old as they were. Not great, but the crowd were respectful and there were some nice moments like Murdoch doing a flying headscissors which the crowd loved. The finish was crappy though - a DQ brought about by all men brawling. I guess maybe they didn't want any of them to do the job. :pac:

Verdict: Not great. So-so.

Missy Hyatt was interviewing an Assasin and Mad Dog Vachon. That was...something. Assassin challenged Dusty to a match.

Ivan Koloff & Baron von Raschke vs Thunderbolt Patterson & Bullet Bob Armstrong

Patterson got a fecking huge pop. I'm talking HUGE. Patterson said Armstrong couldn't be there as he had a knee operation. Brad Armstrong came down to take his father's place although I don't think he mentioned they were related. Patterson's style was similar to Dusty Rhodes. Very charismatic. Patterson got the win.

Verdict: Short and OK.

Ric Flair next who said he'd reunite the Four Horsemen. I doubt that for some reason. Well Ole actually was there for this one which was odd to see but it was Blanchard that wasn't and so the replacement was Paul Roma. The fans shat all over him being there and his presence made this segment a fail.

Verdict: Fail!

Dory Funk Jnr vs Nick Bockwinkel

This was the third of the legends matches and was quite sad to see. Both men were past their prime and quite slow in the ring. Johnny Valentine was on commentary and wasn't very good but the years had passed them all by at this point. In another protective finish, it ended in a time-limit draw but the fans actually gave them both a nice round of applause which was nice to see.

Verdict: Tough to watch. I looked it up and Bockwinkel was 59 here! I guess you can't expect much.

Bischoff next interviewed Lou Thesz and was very respectful to him. Bischoff was quite likeable in this period imo.

Rick Rude and Paul Orndorff vs Dustin Rhodes and Kensuki Sasaki

Rude won with the Rude Awakening on Sasaki. Pretty good match. The crowd were into it in a big way. The best bits were when Rhodes and Rude were in there.

Verdict: Good

Hall of Fame segment

Gordon Solie inducted the first men into the WCW Hall of Fame. He looked quite nervous. Thesz was the first man inducted. Next in was Verne Gagne. After that Mr Wrestling II (who got a huge reaction) and the last inductee was a posthumous one for Eddie Graham whose son accepted it on his behalf.

Verdict: This was a well done segment.

Sting vs The Prisoner

Sting got a fantastic reception. The Prisoner was WWF's Nailz who a year earlier had been in a feud with Boss Man in WWF with a prisoner gimmick. It was funny because as he came to the ring without an entrance theme the fans could be heard chanting what sounded like 'Boss Man'. The match was not great but was kept mercifully short. Sting won with a clothesline off the top.

Verdict: Avoid.

Hollywood Blondes vs Shane Douglas and Ricky Steamboat (Tag Titles)

Apparently it wasn't Douglas in the match but Tom Zenk as Douglas had been fired. This might explain why Steamboat and his partner were dressed up like the Conquistadores in this match. I enjoyed this a lot. It was a bit disconcerting with Steamboat and Douglas Zenk being masked though. Interesting prophetic comment from Zybysko on commentary: 'Austin has got the potential to definitely in the next century be up there to receive the legends awards if the body makes it that long'. This got great near the end with a brilliant spot involving Steamboat doing a cross body on Pillman and Austin off the top but only getting a 2 count. Austin pinned Zenk with the Stun Gun finisher and the Blondes keep the titles.

Verdict: Great match

Bischoff was there interviewing Dusty Rhodes, Stu Hart and Mr Wrestling II. Dusty responded to the Assasin's challenge and said his 'my big ass is standing out here!' Stu wished his son-in-law Davey Boy luck in his World Title match with Vader later.

Arn Anderson vs Barry Windham (NWA World Title)

The story of this match was simple and established in the first minute with Arn going for quick covers and looking very anxious as he tried to win the title. Throughout the contest Arn seemed just a little bit too eager. At one point Windham juiced and bled pretty heavily. The finish came with Arn tossing the ref aside - in his haste to beat on Windham - and as he realised his mistake and tried to revive the ref, Windham nailed him with the belt and got the 1-2-3 to escape with the gold.

Verdict: Such a simple story told fantastically well. Watching guys like this you see and appreciate how they understood the little nuances of how to get fans involved, which many workers these days just aren't able to do. Great match.

Davey Boy Smith vs Big Van Vader (WCW Title)

Again told a simple story which was that the Bulldog could deal with Vader's power and was not afraid of it. Bulldog hit some good moves such as the delayed suplex on Vader. The fans were into him in a big way I thought. The finish was quite crappy though with Race interfering and Vader using a chair to get himself disqualified. Some babyfaces came down and Vader beat them up until Sting came down to make the save and send Vader running.

Verdict: Good match with a lame ending.

Overall show verdict: I watched this show in two sittings. The first time I got as far as the Sting/Prisoner match and this was heading towards a thumbs down verdict. However the last few matches were entertaining and save this show from being rated a stinker. I did find the undercard quite disappointing and tough to sit through but the tag match and the Anderson/Windham match are worth checking out.

I would rate this a thumbs in the middle show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Due to a combination of the buzz over a possible Sting return and some boredom I've decided to check out some early nineties WCW, and for no particular reason I've settled on 1993. My aim is to work through each WCW PPV from the year.

I've got a similar deal going on myself.

Call me crazy, but I decided to embark on a mission of watching every WCW Nitro and PPV from 1998. And because i'm only watching them for the first time in my life, it's almost like i'm watching three different products and following three different sets of storylines with this Nitro 1998 collection along with todays weekly dose of Raw and Impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Watched Wrestlemania IX last night easily the worst wrestling dvd I have it somehow manages to have Hbk & Takers worst mania matches vs Tatanka & Giant Gonzalez.It also has the worst ending to any Wrestlemania ever.I struggle to think of a worse finish to a wrestling ppv either.Mania X was much better with Bret vs Owen & Ramon vs Hbk(even if Hbk done practically everything in the Ladder match).

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

TLC III The Hardy Boys vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Edge and Christian vs. Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho.

Everyone has seen the first two TLC matches at Summerslam 00 and Mania 01 but this match was on Smackdown for the Tag Titles. Set up at the last minute (as far as the audience are concerned) no advertising or real build up. By far the best way to get a crowd going to come out a few minutes into the show and say by the way this is happening.

The Benoit spot and to not ruin spoilers I'll just say commentary table. Amazing spots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GTR63 wrote: »
    Watched Wrestlemania IX last night easily the worst wrestling dvd I have it somehow manages to have Hbk & Takers worst mania matches vs Tatanka & Giant Gonzalez.It also has the worst ending to any Wrestlemania ever.I struggle to think of a worse finish to a wrestling ppv either.Mania X was much better with Bret vs Owen & Ramon vs Hbk(even if Hbk done practically everything in the Ladder match).

THANK YOU!

Yeah Mania 9 is pretty crap. I hated the BS Hogan finish; it smacked of "I'm not putting over Bret, in fact I'm doing the opposite, we won't even have a match" :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Watched survivor series 1999 just the other day, is crazy watchin it and seein how over some of the undercard is......the crowd knew every Godfather catchphrase , same as the Road Doggs! Cool seeing kurt Angles debut match, which recieved a boring chant from the crowd :eek:

Chyna v Jericho was the suprise hit of the night i thought though, good solid bout, with some intense near finishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Sirsok wrote: »
    Watched survivor series 1999 just the other day, is crazy watchin it and seein how over some of the undercard is......the crowd knew every Godfather catchphrase , same as the Road Doggs! Cool seeing kurt Angles debut match, which recieved a boring chant from the crowd :eek:

Chyna v Jericho was the suprise hit of the night i thought though, good solid bout, with some intense near finishes

I remember that didn't chyna win with the Pepsi Plunge.Angle's match was a bit dull if I remember.Didn't he wrestle Shawn Stasiak(who I called sh*tstak for about 2 years before remembering his name).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

GTR63 wrote: »
    I remember that didn't chyna win with the Pepsi Plunge.Angle's match was a bit dull if I remember.Didn't he wrestle Shawn Stasiak(who I called sh*tstak for about 2 years before remembering his name).

You are correct sir! on both accounts! pepsi plunge didnt come of great tough unfortunately, was cool to see the Walls of Jericho restored to its proper form as opposed to the boston crab style he uses recently!

In regards to the WM 9 debate i find the event strangely endearing, tif not for the matches but Macho Man on commentary :) Steiners match at the event was decent, and ya cant beat the nostalgic feeling when ya see doink!

WM 8 however i thought was a excellent PPV, i recently watched it with my cousin, its one of my favourite manias. Bret v Roddy and Savage v Flair in particular stood out for me

Just watched Manhatten Mayhem 4. What a show. Every match (apart from the Grizzly Redwood Bennet match) was at least 3.5 stars+

3 brilliant tag matches, and 2 fantastic singles efforts between Davey Richards and Christopher Daniels and the main event of Eddie Edwards Vs Roderick Strong.

See this event. Its awesome

Watch PWG's Kurt Russell 2's Senshi vs Davey Richards; was good but kinda disappointed, was kinda hoping to mark out huge but it never really got out of 2nd gear.

The legend's royal rumble was slow and .......slow....... and they only had one song they dubbed in (and muted the commentary) every time someone came out. A horribly generic song; might be the worst theme tune i've ever heard!

• Advertisement

Watched ROH Revoltion USA. Ok show at best, but serves its purpose of setting up bigger upcoming shows. It sets up maybe 4 matches for the future.

I would not bother watching any of the matches again. The high point was WGTT Vs Kyle O Reilly & Adam Cole. The latter are a great little team. Need to start winning a match here and there though. WGTT need to turn heel.

Gonna watch Revoltoion Canada either Sunday or next week. Hoping to get hold of SCOH before watching Best In The World. Hopefully someone will show us the way on a social network site.

Charisteas wrote: »
    Call me crazy, but I decided to embark on a mission of watching every WCW Nitro and PPV from 1998.

How is this going? U should write up a quick review of each show when you're done, it'd be pretty cool to read about :) I've never seen those Nitros either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

jaykhunter wrote: »
    How is this going? U should write up a quick review of each show when you're done, it'd be pretty cool to read about :) I've never seen those Nitros either

I am still working my way through a Death of WCW comp that covers 1998. Seriously how Hogan and Savage positioned themselves to deemphasise Bret & Flair politically in the Spring is Machiavellian.

drayme wrote: »
    I am still working my way through a Death of WCW comp that covers 1998. Seriously how Hogan and Savage positioned themselves to deemphasise Bret & Flair politically in the Spring is Machiavellian.

have u written any reviews? :)

Finished ROH Revolotion : Canada yesterday.

Underwhelming show all told really. Main event was very good, but not a rewatcher. Briscoes Vs WGTT was good as well, but I have forgotten how it ended already, so its fair to say it did not leave a mark on me.

Not a bad show by any means, and is worth seeing, but it is far from "must see"

Ill try watch SCOH next weekend, then Ill be onto Best In The World.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The Mysterio/Psychosis match that was on this weeks Vintage Collection (from Bash at the Beach 1996) was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm watching the best of Nitro DVD and the Sting/DDP match on the third disc is probably one of the best I've ever seen from either guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Just watched Triple H vs Chris Jericho from Fully Loaded 2000,great match,completely forgot it existed!

Triple H has never quite regained the form he had before he blew out his quad in 01,his run from late 99 til he got injured was phenomenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just watched Bret Hart V Jerry Lawlor Summerslam 93.....he must have had the king in the sharpshooter for 5/6 mins :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Watched a really good documentary over the weekend called 'Inside Indie Wrestling' by the National Geographic channel.

A 45 minute documentary focusing on Danny Inferno and Zima Ion (sp?) trying out for ROH and trying to impress Jim Cornette, and also focuses on a smaller indie promotion trying to financially survive from show to show.

Highly recommend this, well worth taking 45 minutes out of your week to watch it (you'll have to know where to find it though).

Advertisement