Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Are You Watching / Last Match, Event or Documentary You Saw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Yes, but that is because that particular 2 minutes had so many repurcussions. I honestly cannot name another match on that card. And even that match itself was awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Definitely not the best match with Shawn and Bret in it.
    And i've pretty much seen them all :D

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

thing about summerslam 2002 it had 2 very strong final matches and that is very rare in PPVs these days. The crowd were awesome that night, the sound has been toned down slightly on the dvd for the rock/brock match

the bit with finkel, trish and garcia was also very funny i thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

NOAH:27/10/07 Samoa Joe vs Mitsuharu Misawa

This is a post i made on another board if it reads a little strangely:

Just watched myself there. I have to agree with what some of the other lads have said, this match needed to happen in front of a hot ROH crowd. It really suffered from taking place in front of an audience that was unfamiliar with Joe and his spots. I can just imagine the pops he would've gotten in the Manhatten Centre for the elbow suicida, when he got Misawa up for the Muscle Buster and when Misawa kicked out of the Island Driver. It really makes you wonder how much of Joe/Kobashi's rave reviews were influenced by the crowd heat it got and not the actual match itself.

Anyhow the match was pretty average and it did look as if Misawa was holding back a little and it looked as if Joe was working a litle softer than usual especially on the running knee in the turnbuckles. Good to see joe kick out on the Emerald Frosion and at least being made to look strong in that way. The **** up on the Pele kick I would probably put down to Misawa being out of position. Id give this match no more than **1/2. Underwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

flahavaj wrote: »
    It really makes you wonder how much of Joe/Kobashi's rave reviews were influenced by the crowd heat it got and not the actual match itself.

Try all of them!

• Advertisement

It really makes you wonder how much of Joe/Kobashi's rave reviews were influenced by the crowd heat it got and not the actual match itself.

Not really - Joe Vs Kobashi is an absolutely top class match. The crowd heated added to it, not influence it. Misawa at this stage of his career is a disaster. People are saying he has one great match left in him. I doubt that very much from what I have seen of his stuff from 2006 & 2007.

gimmick wrote: »
    Not really - Joe Vs Kobashi is an absolutely top class match. The crowd heated added to it, not influence it. Misawa at this stage of his career is a disaster. People are saying he has one great match left in him. I doubt that very much from what I have seen of his stuff from 2006 & 2007.

In hindsight, I think Joe/Kobashi is a decent match with an AMAZING crowd. Their reactions to just about everything, (even struggling over basis submission holds) they did in the ring made that match seem special. If you look back at Kobashi's career overall and all the great matches he had, I don't think the Joe match would even get in the top fifty. If they had wrestled that match in Japan no one would be pimping it as the MOTY. That thought crossed my mind when Joe and Misawa were struggling over some submission holds and the crowds reaction didn't seem special, yet when Joe/Kobashi did it in NY it seeemed like the most titanic struggle in the world. It(Joebashi, that is) certainly wasn't a 5 star match as given by Meltzer, who's become ridiculously erratic in recent times. If I was so inclined Id say it hovers around the ***1/2 to **** mark.

It IS must see, it IS memorable, it WILL go down as a landmark in ROH history, it DID elevate Joe to Superstar status and it DID have one of the hottest crowds I've seen ever and no one can say Kobashi didn't come to work his ass off, but the match is looked at in terms of in ring action alone is quite basic and something of an exhibition of Kobashi's spots. It pales in comparison to countless matches he has had in AJPW in the 90's and there's around a dozen matches he had in NOAH even after he deteriorated and became ground based Chopbashi that are far superior in every way.

There IS something magical about the match however and its an ideal place to start if your starting out as a Puro fan.

WWF Superstars April - June 1992

Hot on the heels of Wrestlemania 8! Hogan takes his ball and walks to Hollywood, Warrior returns losing about 50-60lbs and a lot of muscle definition, and credibility. Savage is now the WWE champion after pulling the tights on Flair to get the win. Bret is now the IC title holder after winning the title from Piper, who has now vanished into obscurity and Curt Hennig has now taken his place in the broadcast booth. And Flair, well, he still hasn't quit. He's still on Savage's tail now with allegations that Liz keeps calling him and leaving messages on his phone.

Summerslam is a while away at this point, and SNME is dying off (it's next and final one wouldn't take place until October), and Vince's head is in other projects, like the second annual Wold Bodybuilding Championship PPV!! I sh*t you not folks, Vince actually tried to do bodybuilding PPVs, including having Lex Luger shill one at Mania 8! Luger would end up being the guest poser for that PPV. Vince thought he had everything in the bag for this until all his bodybuilding guys (and some wrestlers) tested black, and as a result, they were some of the worst looking bodybuilders you'd ever see! Still didn't stop Vince from allowing Coliseum to release it on VHS! Luger as it turns out didn't even make it.

Back to wrestling, As Sid had been pencilled in for a run with the Warrior, Sid decided he wanted to go back to softball and left rather abruptly. His replacement? Papa Shango! You've probably seen the highlights of this on the Warrior DVD. But pretty much the highlights of that feud would be Warrior getting sick in the medical room and then the green goo dripping down from his head. Other highlights would be the same goo coming out of Okerlunds hand on a stage interview, and random jobbers feet being set on fire.

There was a big problem with star power come the middle of the year, so it was time to push storylines on midcarders. British Bulldog and Repo Man were thrown in the feud that everyone wanted to see, stemming from when Smas...oops, i mean Repo hogties and chokes out Bulldog for the guts of 5 minutes using his tow cable. Needless to say, the crowd didn't give a sh*t about this one.

One thing that did get the crowd's attention was Big Boss Man's new nemesis, who spent weeks cutting promos from an empty jail cell. Apparently this convict was badly mistreated by Bossman during his time as a corrections officer. A few weeks later after a Bossman match, we'd find out who he was. He'd be known as Nailz and he jumps Bossman after one of his matches and proceeds to beat him over with the nightstick for several minutes, leaving him black and blue. It would take months before that feud would conclude, and there's a reason why.

Bret and Shawn's first televised singles confrontation is teased here, but it also won't happen. Basically Summerslam was originally meant to be set for Washington DC (including a ladder match with Bret v Shawn for the IC title, the trial of which can be found on several comp tapes and DVD's). Of course, everything got shaken up completely as the PPV got moved to the UK at Wembley. A move considered a disaster by WWE who have since sworn they'd never do it again as it couldn't be aired live at the time. Instead it was pre-recorded and aired on the Monday.

We also had vignettes of a relative newcomer to the WWF... Razor Ramon. And thats where i get off for now. Once i've done a few more months, i'll post more up :)

VR!

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Spoilers!!!!!! ;)

No results given away yet ;)
    Besides, you read the title, you didn't have to read further :D
    VR!

• Advertisement

It has only whetted my appetite.

where do you get WWF Superstars VR :confused: i am looking for stuff late 1994, early 1995.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    where do you get WWF Superstars VR :confused: i am looking for stuff late 1994, early 1995.

Already answered that question earlier in the thread :)
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I watched this yesterday during dinner, pretty much as I expected except no major Misawa ****-up like in the Marufuji match recently. I did start getting very worried whenever Misawa went near the turnbuckles though. It's sad the way he's deteriorated in the ring

Still, not a crap match. Misawa and the crowd obviously weren't completely familiar with Joe, but Joe did a decent job. Kinda made me want to see what Danielson could do with Misawa

As for the issue of Joe vs Kobashi, I feel that that match is overrated, but only by Meltzer and some other fans. I can forgive Meltzer though, it was a dream match for him. It pales in comparison to so many Kobashi matches from All Japan though, and a large handful from NOAH that have been really great. Crowd were awesome though, and that would have helped Joe vs Misawa

Toshiaki Kawada Vs Kenta Kobashi 12/06/98

This is for Kawada's Triple Crown title. Superb match as you would expect. There's no let-up in this match right from the bell. Close on 40 mins of sheer violence, they literally beat the ever living **** out of each other from bell top bell. The last 20 minutes are littered with near falls that are totally believeable. Great stuff and a sure fire 5 star match if you are that way inclined. Superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Ted Petty Invitational Tournament Night 1 Spoiler free!!

The first thing to remark on is the ring, IWA-MS have spent some money! Gone is the dodgy looking ring with the limp ropes from last year and in comes a quality looking ring. And guardrails!!

Josh Abercrombie is the man, anyone with moves such as the Tom Sellick Driver and the Taliban Backpack Lungblower in their arsenal is cool by me! Him vs Ricochet is a solid opener. Joker vs CJ Otis is short and not very sweet. Otis had a great match with Nigel McGuinness in ROH a while back but he looked far from impressive here. Billing himself as the god of strongstyle, or whatever he called himself does nothing for him either.

Kingston vs Human Tornado is fun, but suffers big time from the indie lack of psychology and ends about 10 minutes after it should have. Hero on commentary makes up for it, however. Davey Richards vs BJ Whitmer is butt ugly as would be expected. The state of Whitmer's hair too, like a lean Steve Corino.

Devon Moore vs Dysfunction. Says enough really. Kingston is on commentary at this stage and is pretty overbearing at times but comes out with a few gems. Quack and Billy Roc is decent. Quack got a nasty kick square on the chin, that must have been what Gimmick referred to in the ROH thread, but he carried on fine. Albright vs Tank is ugly too, but short. Brandon Thomaselli vs Joey Ryan (a god amongst men) is a very good technical battle. Drake Younger vs Nate Webb is great, for Webb's "Teenage Dirtbag" intro alone, not as good as his 2004 TPI entrance but quality none the less!

Claudio vs McGuinness is grand apart from the seemingly 5 minute long European uppercut trade off. These kind of things are ok if its chops exchanged between Joe and Kobashi, but here it just annoyed me. The rest of the match is good though. Hero vs 2 Old Scorpio, (as Hero christened him) is probably the match of the night. Scorpio can still go and Hero is awesome. Very good match. The main event is Jimmy Jacobs vs Chuck Taylor for the IWA-MS Heavyweight title. Quackenbush is on commentary for this and points out the stupidity of Taylor being the heavyweight champ, while Quack himself is the light heavyweight champ despite Quack having at least 20 pounds on Taylor. I don't see the appeal in Taylor tbh. Jacobs sickly enough, is wearing the same gear from the birth of the Age of the Fall, i.e. a white number completely stained in Jay Briscoe's blood. It's an ok brawl in the early going but didn't live up to the great matches before.

All in all a solid show and it throws up a few very interesting matches for Night 2.

John Cena vs Rob Van Dam ONS June 2006

the crowd really made this match, they were awesome from start to finish. The last ever real ECW event it seems :(

Both RVD and Cena played their respective roles well but Cena is the undoubted star of the show looking back on this match 17 months on. Had i been there in the crowd that night i would have been the most anti-cena person in the building but since witnessing his match at the rumble i have come to appreciate this guy more and more.

Cena could not be more over than in this match. not the greatest match in the world and the ending kind of sucked, still though a hundred times better than anything on the december to dismember card a few months later :p

ROH Driven
    Delirious, Matt Cross & Erick Stevens Vs No Remorse Corps

What an opener this was. It had a real ECW type feel to it, with Prazak in the ring givinga promo, only to be interrupted by the Resilence who in turn called out the NRC. What ensued was nothing short of mayhem with plenty close falls and a pce which just did not let up. Nothing technical or beautiful about this, just high octane action.

Looking forward to going home after work again and lighting the fire and settling in to watch this for the evening.

I currently watching a 5 disc Best Matches of 2006 Compilation with all the best matches fro various promotions and its AWESOME.

KENTA Vs Naomichi Marufuji GHC Title 29.10.06

He mightn't have drawn as champion and his run may have been curtailed ahead of time but at least Marufuji can say he had one truly awesome title match. Great balls to the wall epic main event here. They threw some insane **** at each other throughout right from the bell and never let up the pace for close on 40 mins. Excellent excellent match.

Super Dragon Vs Necro Butcher Battle of Los Angeles 02.09.06

Didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. Very sloppy with a number of botched spots. The crowd was surprisingly dead for some reason or another considering this was suposed to be an indy dream match. i guess this is a good example of the major fault with these "dream matchez:"
    both guys really tried to bring the hate but it just wasn't working without a genuine reason to feud. This just felt a little flat to me.

AAA Mini Trios. Mini Absimo Negro/Mini Charly Manson/Jerrito Estrada Vs Mascarita Sagrada/Mascarito Divina/Octagoncito 20.10.06

Finally I've found a genre of lucha i genuinely enjoy. These mini-lucha guys are INCREDIBLE. When they really hit full steam ahead its faster than anything you've ever seen in your life. Think Dragon Gate but on speed. Soem of the armdrag variations and dives to the outside really have to be seen to believed. YOU ALL NEED TO SEE SOME LUCHA MINIS ASAP!!!!!!!!

I'll post more later, this DVD set is too good to be true!

AAA Mini Trios. Mini Absimo Negro/Mini Charly Manson/Jerrito Estrada Vs Mascarita Sagrada/Mascarito Divina/Octagoncito 20.10.06

Finally I've found a genre of lucha i genuinely enjoy. These mini-lucha guys are INCREDIBLE. When they really hit full steam ahead its faster than anything you've ever seen in your life. Think Dragon Gate but on speed. Soem of the armdrag variations and dives to the outside really have to be seen to believed. YOU ALL NEED TO SEE SOME LUCHA MINIS ASAP!!!!!!!!

The more I see of Mascarita Sagrada, the more I consider him to be one of the very best wrestlers in the world. He's never going to be taken seriously though because of his size

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    The more I see of Mascarita Sagrada, the more I consider him to be one of the very best wrestlers in the world. He's never going to be taken seriously though because of his size

He was definitely the standout in this match, he's so smooth so clean in everything he does including some of the smoothest ranas, topes and armdrags I've ever seen. Like a young Rey dare i say........

More now from the discs:

Katsuhiko Nakajima/Genchihiro Tenryu Vs Kensuke Sasaki/Kenta Kobashi 11.02.06

Very intereting match up from the show marking the 20th Anniversery of kensuke Office. Sasaki and kobashi follow up their 2005 chop fest by teaming up against 19 year old prodigy Nakajima and grumpy old bastard Tenryu. Really fun match where no one holds back from the start. Stiff is not the word for some of the exchanges as the youngster is brutalised and Tenryu bleeds from the chest after 2 minutes from chops alone. Really fun litle match which has plenty intensity from everyone involved, Tenryu who must be 60 even breaks out a lumberinmg tope suicida! Nakajima is an unbelieveable prospect at only 19, he's already mature WAY beyond his years.

Low Ki Vs Necro Butcher IWA:MS 01.04.06

Basically this is a fight, a very stiff fight and yes its as awesome as you might think. Necro takes the usual sympathetic beating, Ki is as stiff and intense as ever. There's a GREAT false finish that you won't believe. Must see match.

Homicide vs Necro Butcher ROH 13.05.06

Part of the great CZW/ROH feud of last year. It was originally billed as Joe/Butcher but TNA committments meant they had a brawl beforehand where joe is taken out and don comes Cide to a heroes welcome. Same as above really. Another incredible brawl at which Necro excels so much. He just has this aura of insanity that brings a sense of anything can happen next to a match and that sense is only heightened when he's in with a loony like Homicide. Highlights include the ring being filled and I mean FILLED with chairs literally burying Butcher alive. Great visual. Another excellent match as they just keep coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fancied a bit of old school WWF stuff today so watched some of wrestlemania 6, the main event,if you forgive some silly moments (the criscrossing ropes part,wtf!) is still a decent match and probably the best of Warriors career outside of the Savage stuff, and i do like the moment when Andre turns on Bobby Heenan after he slaps him,aside from Andres weak ass punch its a classic WWF moment, took away from Demolition winning the titles though (and i never realised Heenan swears at Andre,if you listen close when hes poking him in the chest you can cleary hear Heenan scream "I'm the ****ing boss!"

Low Ki/Christopher Daniels vs Minoru/Fergal Devitt NJPW

Thsi match took place a few weeks ago as appetiser for the TNA/NJPW combined card in January. Its a very good little match althought there's a screwy un-Japan like ending that hurts it a little. A few things struck me in this match.

Firstly Fergal Devitt is now a guy who can hang with the best in the ring. Literally he improves every single time i see him and if he ever relocated to America he would definitely be worthy of an ROH spot. He pulls off a ridiculous suicide senton in this one that take him over the guardrail and onto the announce table. It makes me proud to see an Irishman doing so well for himself.

Scond thing is Low Ki. This guy is absolutely FANTASTIC when he just works as a straight, no gimmicks character, just like in the original days of ROH, when he was this supremely intense, stiff wrestler, who can fly when needs be or work the mat with the best of them. When he works as Gangsta ki he's loses so much of his moveset to his heelwork and its such a shane to see. Likewise a Senshi in TNS he's just not given the push or platform to showcase his skills. the low ki we see in this match is him at his best, working a straight gimmick and it works so well. He looke AWESOME in this match and his exchanges with Minoru make me want to see a singles match between the two.

Low Ki/Christopher Daniels vs Minoru/Fergal Devitt NJPW

I watched this the other day, I was going to put it on Youtube but the site keeps slowing down the video for some reason so the sound is out of synch and it looks horrible

I'd rank it as better than most TNA matches and par for the course for New Japan, apart from that bit at the finish which I suppose is just to get some heat on the TNA guys

Devitt's music was awesome, can't say the same about his new bleached hair! I agree with what you said about Devitt, he's a lot of fun to watch and it doesn't look like he'll be slowing down

Senshi got my attention too, I sometimes forget that he's in TNA now because he doesn't seem to get much focus there. It's a pity, cos like you said he can look great when given the chance

Now I'd love to see Devitt and Minoru get booked against Sabin and Shelley for the January 4th show, that would be a lot of fun

So this DVD set dropped though my mailbox about 6 months ago. Basically its called Joshi for Dummies. For those who don't know Joshi is Japanese womens' wretling and I had read and heard that it had produced soem of the greatest matches ever seen during th early 90'2. So I had nothing planned tonight and I stumbled across this and popped it in for a look. Quite frankly, I was blown away by this stuff. Its basicallya Best of comp fromm the golden ers of Joshi in the first half of the 90's.

Dynamite Kansai Vs Yumiko Hotta AJW Dreamslam 4/2/93

This is from Dreamslam, one of a triligy of PPV's in 192/3 that are up there with any trilogy of wrestling shows EVER. i was immediately struck by the stiffness in this match. These two decerptivly fragile wome literslly try to kick each thers heads off in this. Soem of the shots literally make you cringe. Some of the innovation is great here as they grapevine each other in the ropes and carry on with the mindless kicks. Excellent match.

Akira Hokuto Vs Manami Toyota 8/21/93

Wow, this is a fantastic fast paced match, similar in speed to some of the stuff the Dragon Gate guys would pull off but a full decade before its time. Everyting is worked at a seriously frantic pace and they pull off some truly innovative combinations of topes and top rope dives to the outside. The submissions in this one are absolutely brutal too. Both womens' flexibility means they can literally bend each other in half and it makes for some great visuals. Again a fantastic match. Oh and Toyota is gorgeous as well!

Bull Nakano vs. Aja Kong - AJW "WrestleMarinpiad II" (11/14/90 - WWWA Title Cage Match)

WOW. This is as brutal an encounter as any male wrestlers have ever put on. I was completely blown at how sick and stiff this one was. Basicaly these two barelt stop short of killing each other in this one. Kong stabs Nakano repeatedly in the arm with a pair of scissors (shewas legit left with scars for life), they try to hang each other with chains and ropes, they actually consistently work body parts with their weaopns and in the piece de resistance, Nakano hits an insane legdrop from the top of the cage. Bear in mind that this is 1990, not 2007 and this kind of thing would have been pretty unheard of in the world of wrestling:for two women to be doing itis just mind blowing. The seconds brwling outside the ring,scaling the cage and tossing the various weapons into the ring only add to the awesomeness and drama. INCREDIBLE spectacle that everyone needs to see.

Shinobu Kandori vs. Akira Hokuto - AJW "Dream Slam 1" (4/2/93)

This one is touted as the greatest Joshi match ever and really its hard to disagree. This is honestly one of the greatest matches of ANY type I've ever seen. Its such a dramatic affair with that big match epic main event feel. The match opens with one of the stiffest forearm shots Ive ever seen or indeed HEARD as Hokuto tries to punch Kandori's head off her shoulders. The action literally never lets up for 30 compelling minutes. Kandori consistently works Hokotu's arnm throughout, something I always find satisfying in a match (when someone stays with a body part that is), hurting her badly early on. The injury is sild brilliantly too so that whenever Kandori slaps on her armbar theres a legitimate danger the match is about to end. Ive never seen two wrestler struggle so realistically, so frantically over submission holds like in this one and this really adds to the drama. There's insane dives to the floor, stiff shots and some ridiculously close kickouts as well and they sell exhaustion so well at the match's end you're left in no doubt that you've seen a truly great match. Defi ite 5 star match for those who are into that kind of thing. I immediately re watched it after the first time and will do many many more times. AMAZING MATCH. Must see.

there's 4 more discs in this set. I'll post my thoughts as i get through 'em. anyone who says women can't wrestle is talking out of his hole, recommend them some Joshi, they'll soon change their tune. I for one am blown away!

Ric Flair Vs Ricky Steamboat Clash of The Champions XI 1979 2/3 Falls

This is an absolute classic and the 58 minutes it runs goes by so quickly. Steamboat is scientifically brilliant, technoically brilliant and something of a predecessor for high fliers. Everything he did in this match made perfect sense. Flair for his part was Flair. My only problems with this match, and maybe its just due to the era is the selling was poor enough. Steamboat did alot of work on Flairs back which was almost entirely no sold. Only toward the end did Steamboat sell the working over Flair had targetted on his leg. However, that flaw to one side, this is a fantastic match, and is highly recommended.

Been a varied week

PWG: Battle Of Los Angeles night 1

Top to bottom this is a fantastic DVD. Amazingly, a match between PAC and Jack Evans didn't suck hard, unsurprisingly a match between Castagnoli and Doug Williams is fantastic, and predictably a match between Alex Shelley and Tyler Black was fantastic. Buy this DVD. Leave the commentary turned off though. Its rubbish. If anyone is posying results of nights 2 and 3, please spoiler them. Thanks.

Dragongate: Naruki Doi & Yosshino Vs BXB Hulk & Shingo

This has the potential be be a complete clusterf**k, and I'm sure in many eyes it is. I enjoyed it for what it was, a high paced spotty run around. With Dragongate you are never going to get the most technically sound affair, and this was no different. it was my first time seeing BXB Hulk, and he looked good. This match is for the GHC Junior heavyweight titles. I would have thought that would have ruled out Shingo. Secondly, isn't GHC NOAH belts?

BOSJ 1997 El Samurai Vs Some guy whose name escapes me right now.

Im slowly beginning to get more interested in 1990s japanese wrestling. This was an amazing match. Think it may have been the final. My only problems with it, which I suppose is a critique on all junior Japanese wrestling is the "fighting spirit" and consta close falls can get entirely tiresome.

isn't GHC NOAH belts?

Yeah, I don't really know what's going on in that case, but titles can sometimes travel around in Japan. The equivalent New Japan belts were held by two non-regulars for most of last year

I got PWG BOLA 2007 for Christmas but I haven't had a chance to watch it all yet. Might have some time next week, I'm looking forward to it

• Advertisement

Been a varied week

PWG: Battle Of Los Angeles night 1

Top to bottom this is a fantastic DVD. Amazingly, a match between PAC and Jack Evans didn't suck hard, unsurprisingly a match between Castagnoli and Doug Williams is fantastic, and predictably a match between Alex Shelley and Tyler Black was fantastic. Buy this DVD. Leave the commentary turned off though. Its rubbish. If anyone is posying results of nights 2 and 3, please spoiler them. Thanks.

Dragongate: Naruki Doi & Yosshino Vs BXB Hulk & Shingo

This has the potential be be a complete clusterf**k, and I'm sure in many eyes it is. I enjoyed it for what it was, a high paced spotty run around. With Dragongate you are never going to get the most technically sound affair, and this was no different. it was my first time seeing BXB Hulk, and he looked good. This match is for the GHC Junior heavyweight titles. I would have thought that would have ruled out Shingo. Secondly, isn't GHC NOAH belts?

BOSJ 1997 El Samurai Vs Some guy whose name escapes me right now.

Im slowly beginning to get more interested in 1990s japanese wrestling. This was an amazing match. Think it may have been the final. My only problems with it, which I suppose is a critique on all junior Japanese wrestling is the "fighting spirit" and consta close falls can get entirely tiresome.

Shingo is just immense these days. I would say he's the most improved wrestler not named Jeff Hardy wrestling anywhere in the world at the moment. And BxB Hulk is great, best ring entrance ever!

Advertisement