Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Are You Watching / Last Match, Event or Documentary You Saw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Rud3Bwoy

I was at final battle front row live

tyler black vs aries

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

flahavaj wrote: »
    LMAO. Now that you say that, I can actually hear his voice saying it in my head. Brilliant.:pac:

lol :) make a drinking game out of it,every time you hear him say it take a chug :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Just watched a couple of Kota Ibushi matches, that man is incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Just watched a couple of Kota Ibushi matches, that man is incredible.

Whixh ones mate? Hes a phenomenon. Gabe Sapolsky describes seeing him for the first time as similar to the feeling of seeing something unique and special he got the first time he saw Sabu wrestle.

vs. Ishimori from April this year and a four man CHIKARA elimination match with Nick Jackson, El Generico and Jigsaw from March this year. That four man was one of the best spot fests I've ever seen. Incredible stuff.

vs. Ishimori from April this year and a four man CHIKARA elimination match with Nick Jackson, El Generico and Jigsaw from March this year. That four man was one of the best spot fests I've ever seen. Incredible stuff.

The Chikara 4 man is one of my matches of the year. One of those nights when you get four great guys in the ring who hit everything perfectly. Love it.

Theres one ridiculous segment from the Ishimori match thats like something from the Matrix.

Theres one ridiculous segment from the Ishimori match thats like something from the Matrix.

The bit where they repeatedly dodged kicks with nip ups? It took about fifteen minutes for my jaw to find it's way off the floor.

The bit where they repeatedly dodged kicks with nip ups? It took about fifteen minutes for my jaw to find it's way off the floor.
    Yup. Crazy stuff.

Have a look on you tube for the tag match Ibushi had with Marufuji vs KENTA/Ishimori. Unreal stuff.

Have a look on you tube for the tag match Ibushi had with Marufuji vs KENTA/Ishimori. Unreal stuff.

Funny you mention it, I just stumbled across that match: http://www.yousportz.com/video/8755/2008914--ROH--KENTA--Ibushi-vs-Marufuji--Nakajima

Decided it was a little late, so I have it pencilled in for first thing tomorrow morning. The wonders of Christmas holidays, I intend to spend more or less the next week and a half catching up on the piles and piles of wrestling I have backlogged.

Edit: My bad, different match but equally awesome looking. That's what I get for just glancing at the title and assuming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I watched some of WWF 1995: A year In Review. Pure nostalgia. I used to rent this tape at Christmas time so I stuck in on there last night spa that I am!

It's half decent - 123Kid vs Hakushi, Bret vs Diesel from RR, HBK/Razor Ladder match and the Triple Header tag title/WWF/IC title match.

It brings me back :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Was watching an old royal rumble (not sure of the year) and 1998-2000 royal rumbles. It's been years since I've watched wrestling so it was nice to look at it again.

Also seen this weeks ECW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I watched MCMG Vs The Briscoes from ROH Return Engagement the other night. What a match. Incredibel pace throughout from 2 of the best tag teams in the world. i would argue this is a better match than their previous effort at Good Times Great Memories. The latter dragged a bit much and at 40 minutes, i think lost the crowd a bit. No such problems for this one though as the crowd are on their feet for the most part. Amazing innovation, crazy pace and some honest to god OMFG moments. Have to say is a 9.5/10 if ever I seen one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Was watching Survivor Series 93 the other day. The wrestling was pretty bad but Heenan's commentary made up for it so it was great. It was also the start of Owen Harts heel turn.

Got my Best of 2009 DVd through the leterbox yesterday, happy days. Some great stuff on it.

So far have watched:

RAW Elimination Chamber (2/15/09) Cena vs Knox vs Rey vs Edge vs Jericho vs Kane

Good match. If you look past the masive leap of logic you have to take with regards to Edge actually getting into the match (destroying Kofi beforehand and just walking into the cage), this is fabtastically enjoyable. Edge shows why he is absolutely wasted as a face these days, his facials in this when he realises Cena has been pinned and he has a chance at the gold is great. Really well booked, Cena going so fast is the big surprise and some great near falls between Rey and Edge down the finishing stretch. Rey is the star here with some great spots and innovative use of the chamber.

Masato Tanaka vs Yuji Nagata (1/4/09)
    Good, if a little short. Hard hitting sprint for the most part, Tanaka's blade job adds to the drama. A bit annoying how Tanaka's finisher has succumbed to Kurt Angle syndrome ie has been so abused that no one buiys it as a realistic way to end a match at all. Would have like another ten minutes of this and if they had dragged out the nearfalls.

Mitsuharu Misawa/Takeshi Sugiura vs Shinsuke Nakamura/Hiroki Goto (1/4/09)
    Misawa's last match at the Tokyo Dome, hard to believe he'd be dead a few months later. Possibly his last really good match as well. Enjoyed this much more than I thought I would. Misawa is by far the most over but he plays a peripheral role and sensibly allows the three young guys do the bulk of the work. Last 5 miuntes are really great with everyone hitting their finishers and some really believable nearfalls. All 3 younger guys elevated thelselves here big time.

Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett (TNA 1/11/09)

These two really brought a great epic feel to this one and really conveyed a sense of hatred inthe match. Some big bumps early in the match including Jarrett nearly breaking his face off a suicide dive set the tone well. They built to their spots well and the blood was used well to add to the drama. Pity the guitar broke before Jarrett could use it as it was a spot they had built to throughout the feud and the chairshot seemed a let down in comparison. After an excellent match the finish seemed odd and out of place to me. No way should a big grudge match like this end on a pinning reversal IMO.

KENTA vs Kotaro Suzuki (NOAH 1/25/09)

Its not often KENTA is upstaged but the star of this match is undoubtedly Kotaro. When did he become such a brilliant heel? He channels Guerrero, Flair and every other amazing heel here in a remarkable, unexpected performance that had me genuinely believing his antics had levelled the playing field sufficiently for him to win. Theres one brilliant spot where he does teh old Eddie spot of throwing a chair at KENTA and pretending hes been hit with a chair, but makes it eveb better by covering his face with fake blood. The wrestling itself is also exceptional and there are some unreal reversals in and out of the Go2Sleep.

Exceptional match, must see stuff.

In fact, here it is. Do yourself a favour and watch it.

Took a break from the 2009 DVD to watch

Kurt Angle vs Ken Anderson Lockdown 2010

Sweet jesus what an epic epic match this was. Right from the moment they locked the cage they made this feel special. I liked that they started the match off slowly enough, using the cage as a weapon and not doing anything fancy other than beat each other up to convey their hatred. They fooled me a few times when I was sure they were going to escape the cage. The moonsault was absolutely mental, you'd have to say probably unnecessary, but also grudgingly admire Angle for his insane desire to risk everything to steal the show. Great brutal finish with the choke out as well.

Loved it. Will be unbelievably hard to choose between this and Taker/HBK at the end of the year. Certainly head and shoulders above anything Anderson as done in his rather underwhelming career thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Watched the Calgary Stampede in your house PPV there today, The Hart Foundation (Bret,Owen Jim, Davey, and Brian Pillman) vs Stone Cold,Ken Shamrock, Goldust, and The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal)

Great Match, told a story throughout, built and continued feuds, was just wrestling as it should be!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was watching the first One Night Stand the other night, it was such a good show featuring all sorts of old ECW.. And the shoot promos were epic compared to a lot of the scripted stuff they have now.. Both the Raw and Smackdown Crusaders got such heat from the crowd, and the crowd itself was amazing, getting into everything.

My fav match was probably Mike Awesome v Masato Tanaka, Awesome went from being bood heavily to getting a standing ovation from the crowd. It was so bad though hearing Styles make the comment after one of Awesome's Suicide Dives.

Certainly head and shoulders above anything Anderson as done in his rather underwhelming career thus far.

It does show what WWE missed out on with Anderson as a heel. That match couldn't have been done with just any heel. Having watched the match again since, I'd actually put it above HBK/'Taker, it was just that epic. i loved how they tied the finish in with the rest of the feud with the medal, too often do the matches of a feud forget the build up entirely and this wasn't the case here.

Was watching the iMPACT! November 16th 2006 Prime Time special, the show that converted me to being a TNA fan actually, and that barbed wire cage match between Rhino and Christian was fantastic. Great way to blow off the feud.

• Advertisement

It does show what WWE missed out on with Anderson as a heel. That match couldn't have been done with just any heel. Having watched the match again since, I'd actually put it above HBK/'Taker, it was just that epic. i loved how they tied the finish in with the rest of the feud with the medal, too often do the matches of a feud forget the build up entirely and this wasn't the case here.

I'll admit I was never impressed with Kennedy's in-ring work in WWE, I found him a bit sloppy to be honest. But he was right on the button here. being in with Angle helps of course. It was a very satisfactory match all round actually, as you say I enjoyed the way the finish tied in with the basis of the entire feud. Its a nice bit of psychology that they'd always include in the olden days but seems to have been forgotten recently.

This match was on the Best of 2009 set as well actually funnily enough. Enjoyed seeing it again, unbelieveable spot fest from four very talented young wrestlers. One of those nights where everything just clicked. There was one odd moment where Generico seemed to forget that it was an elimination match and broke up a pinfall, but otherwise it was close to perfect. Generico is the most underrated guy around, hes always exceptionally enjoyable to watch.

Young Bucks & Paul London vs The Dynasty (Joey Ryan, Scott Lost, Karl Anderson) PWG 2/21/09

Great spot fest as well. London was slightly rusty which was underdtandable in his first big indy appearance since leaving WWE. The Young Bucks are extraordinarily talented guys, they come upo with so many new things every time I see them. Their opponents are good, sleazy heels who can work a bit as well. Great fun.

Bryan Danielson/Claudio Castagnoli/Dave Taylor vs Jonny Saint/Mike Quackenbush/Jorge Rivera. Chikara 3/28/09 King of Trios 09

This was so much fun. loads of unique match ups. Watching Saint and Taylor hook up with the younger guys was fascinating. Saint is one of a kind, still putting on decent matches in his 60's. The Claudio/Quack stuff was innovative as ever, Danielson played his part amd Skayde, whos long past his best even held up his end of things. 30 minutes of old school wrestling that flew by. Loved this.

I may have posted this before, but watched Samoa Joe Vs Brian Danielson last night from Fight Of The Century again.

Simply Pro Wrestling perfection. It shows why these two are great and were the bedrock of ROH for so many years. The intensity is off the charts, the psychology is a joy to behold, and the atmosphere in the live crowd is crazy.

If you have not seen this match before, make time for it. An hour of your life that will be extremely rewarding.

Slight name change to this one

Watched the DGUSA 6 man last night from Mercury Rising - it was the only part that worked for me for some reason. Incredible simply put. I lobe BXB Hulk, I love Yoshino and I love Dragon Kid.

Just watching NJPW Super J Tag Cup 09 now. Ibushi is just starting a match now. Woohoo

gimmick wrote: »
    Watched the DGUSA 6 man last night from Mercury Rising - it was the only part that worked for me for some reason. Incredible simply put. I lobe BXB Hulk, I love Yoshino and I love Dragon Kid.

Just watching NJPW Super J Tag Cup 09 now. Ibushi is just starting a match now. Woohoo

I bushi is some yoke. I thought when I saw him first he'd get old quick but he keeps varying his stuff so much. Easily the best high flyer in the world.

• Advertisement

Its actually the 2010 tourny. Awesome

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Just started Chikara King Of Trios 2006: It's a three disc set so long way to go.

ROH Clash of the conternders: Got it for the Kenny Omega Vs. Davy which is very good but a little overhyped. Good show bar Tyler Vs. Hero and Austin Vs. Delirious. Also the production on the DVD and the box's have greatly improved.

ROH Double Feature: Just watched the first night and it might be the wrost ROH show I ever seen. Only highlight is seeing Marisa Tomei walk around in the crowd and the very steep entrance ramp.

Also NXT with Dragon attacking Cole and The Miz one of the best T.V. wrestling angle's I seen in a long time.

Its actually the 2010 tourny. Awesome

Must say this is an extremely boring show. Some nice bits and pieces here and there, but nothing worth reporting. Given the card and the talent on offer it is very very disappointing.

After being reminded of it in the PW choice thread, I dug out Samoa Joe Vs Takeshi Morishima from ROH FYF New York last night. It is an excellent match, with the big match atmosphere. Basically its 2 big men pounding on each other for the most part, but both show some versatility to their game as well with some offense more associated with juniors.

The only let down of this match is the finish, kinda did not suit the match at all.

7/10. Well worth watching.

I also started to watch SCOH 2009. So far so good. The 6 man at the start is a brillient match all things considered.

I also started to watch SCOH 2009. So far so good. The 6 man at the start is a brillient match all things considered.

Magno's moonsault off the ring post was probably the most incredible thing I've ever seen live. I marked out like a mad man for that one.

• Advertisement

Yup, that was most certainly the high point. One of the single best spots I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Just switched on the dvd player to see someone had left No Mercy 2002 in it.

Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit vs. Edge and Rey Mysterio

Bloody awesome match.

Watched Joe vs. Styles vs. Sabin from the Thanksgiving iMPACT! 2007. Awesome TV match. The pace was phenomenal. If it wasn't broken up by like four ad breaks it would probably be considered one of the best matches in TNA history. Despite the breaks it was still like fifteen minutes of super awesomeness.

Just finsihed watching SCOH IV there. All in all, a pretty excellent show.

KENTA Vs Davey Richards was the most predictable match I have seen in a long time, in that it was just so good. Of course this was going to be great. I think the end was somewhat botched due to the dodgy edit on the DVD, but what harm.

The main event was excellent as well. I never really cared for Nigels run as champ, but he looked really great in this and sold his injuries brilliantly.

Roddy Strong Vs Nakajima was good if not a bit short and Danielson Vs Koslov was enjoyable, but I was not a fan of Danielson acting the buffoon.

All in all, it will be a show Ill dig out again later.

KENTA Vs Davey Richards was the most predictable match I have seen in a long time, in that it was just so good. Of course this was going to be great. I think the end was somewhat botched due to the dodgy edit on the DVD, but what harm.

They messed up the finish twice before just going with the Go 2 Sleep. KENTA tried to hit him with the GTS out of Torture Rack position twice but couldn't get him over properly. Seeing that match live was incredible. I watched the better Amazing Red/Styles match from TNA today (it happened a few weeks before the one I posted in the Rate Em' Thread (which I'll admit I terribly overrated)). Superb match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

lol, what a funny backhanded compliment! :D That match was simply sublime, one of the best matches I've ever watched. It just showcased Davey Richards to his full potential. You could tell he really needed to vomit and did so as soon as he went backstage :)

I was just trying to be clever :)

This was the match that really mmade me take Davey seriously as a proper worls class wrestler. Its like he wrestled that match, realised how good he could be and has been brilliant ever since. Would love to see him over in Japan a bit more, he's more suited to the scene than anyone in the US and they love him over there.

The one that made me sit up and notice him was his effort against Go Shiosake at the King Of Europe Cup in 2007. An amazing match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I think I knew there was something special about Davey as far back as Unified in 06. Seeing him live was the first time i saw him in ROH, and in person he had a believability about him that stood out even on that roster. He really started to shed his Super-8 Indy-geek limitations the following year in the No Remorse Corps, stepping up in a really poor faction.

I'm on a massive Bruiser Brody kick atm, having read the Brody book. He was involved in so many awesome bouts, most of which are freely available on Youtube. Just caught a really exciting one with Jumbo, and a lesser effort against Baba.

• Advertisement

I think I knew there was something special about Davey as far back as Unified in 06. Seeing him live was the first time i saw him in ROH, and in person he had a believability about him that stood out even on that roster. He really started to shed his Super-8 Indy-geek limitations the following year in the No Remorse Corps, stepping up in a really poor faction.

He was unreal at the second show that weekend in the tag bout with Sydal against the Briscoes. There was one suicide dive past the ring post that was completely insane and actually cought me by surprise, which suicide dives rarely do. I always knew he was good, but he has stepped it up even more the lst 18 months and became the full package. You're right about the NRC, he really showed some personality in that group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Had a look at Devitt and Taguchi vs MCMG from last year for the IWGP Jr Tag Titles. Was curious to see the former in action seeing as the Observer said they were contenders for tag team of the year.

It was one hell of a match. Devitt was very over with the crowd too. Will have to check out some more of their work. Looked like Sabin was singling him out for particular praise at the end too. I'm pleased to see another Irishman doing well for himself.

Had a look at Devitt and Taguchi vs MCMG from last year for the IWGP Jr Tag Titles. Was curious to see the former in action seeing as the Observer said they were contenders for tag team of the year.

It was one hell of a match. Devitt was very over with the crowd too. Will have to check out some more of their work. Looked like Sabin was singling him out for particular praise at the end too. I'm pleased to see another Irishman doing well for himself.

yeah, it was really fantastic. I'd've signed Apollo 55 after that match if i worked for TNA. I'm really proud of Devitt. Fantastic wrestler, got his head on straight, sounds like a bang up lad as well.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    yeah, it was really fantastic. I'd've signed Apollo 55 after that match if i worked for TNA. I'm really proud of Devitt. Fantastic wrestler, got his head on straight, sounds like a bang up lad as well.

Apparently Devitt and Taguchi also regularly draw amongst the highest ratings for New Japan's TV show when you break then down into quarterly intervals. Not only is he a seriously talented worker, he is OVER with the Japanese big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I've been watching WM XX there. Remember watching that event on Sky Sports and loved it (I think that PPV got me back into wrestling).

I've been watching WM XX there. Remember watching that event on Sky Sports and loved it (I think that PPV got me back into wrestling).

That's cool :) Did anyone else think the PPV was crap, and Vince McMahon thanked the fans to try turn the them more positive? I reckon it would've been much more of a bust if the main event wasn't excellent.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    That's cool :) Did anyone else think the PPV was crap, and Vince McMahon thanked the fans to try turn the them more positive? I reckon it would've been much more of a bust if the main event wasn't excellent.

Yeah there was a decent amount of meh stuff on that event in memory serves. Big Show v Cena was pretty poor, the cruiserweight invitational was a crying shame cause it went like 10 minutes with 9 pinfalls or something, the two 4 team tag matches weren't up to much, Undertaker and Kane was as you'd expect, Jericho and Christian was ok but the two title matches were both really good. The Triple threat was really an excellent match. It's up there in the top 5 Mania matches for me.

Ultimo Dragon's TWO botches (they were both cut from the DVD) and the F-U Lesnar, F-U Goldberg chants were highlights for me (besides the great main event)

here's the card :
    1 John Cena defeated The Big Show (c)
    2 Rob Van Dam and Booker T (c) defeated Cade/Jindrak, Dudley Boyz and La Résistance - Fatal Four-Way/World Tag Titles
    3 Christian defeated Chris Jericho
    4 Evolution (Batista, Ric Flair and Randy Orton) defeated The Rock 'n' Sock Connection (The Rock and Mick Foley)
    5 Torrie Wilson and Sable defeated Stacy Keibler and Miss Jackie
    6 Chavo Guerrero (c) defeated Último Dragón, Shannon Moore, Jamie Noble, Funaki, Nunzio, Billy Kidman, Rey Mysterio, Tajiri, and Akio - Cruiserweight Open for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
    7 Goldberg defeated Brock Lesnar
    8 Too Cool (Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty) (c) defeated WGTT, Bashams and The APA - Fatal Four-Way/WWE Tag Team Championship
    9 Victoria (c) defeated Molly Holly - Hair vs. Title match for the WWE Women's Championship
    10 Eddie Guerrero (c) defeated Kurt Angle Singles match for the WWE Championship
    11 The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) defeated Kane
    12 Chris Benoit defeated Triple H (c) and Shawn Michaels

I thought the Trish/Christian heel turn after the Jericho match was really well dopne as well. The Triple Threat remains one of my favourite matches ever, very well structured and brilliantly executed.

• Advertisement

Hair vs Hair Match - Shingo vs BxB Hulk

Everybody NEEDS to see this match.

Advertisement