Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing DVD Region

• 22-04-2007 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Simple question that I can't seem to find an answer for.

My new Acer Laptop is for some reason set for region 8, how do I change it to European (Region 2?) in Windows Vista. Was no prob switching in XP etc.

Cheers a lot,
    Hypoxia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

moving to windows forum for more response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

hypoxia wrote:
    My new Acer Laptop is for some reason set for region 8, how do I change it to European (Region 2?) in Windows Vista. Was no prob switching in XP etc.
    First off: How often did you change it in XP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Remove discs
    Start -> Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> Device Manager
    Click DVD/CD-ROM drives
    Find the one you want and select it
    Click the DVD Region Tab
    Select the desired region
    Click Ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

To bypass that problem try using DVD Genie to change your DVD region before playing a movie. Not sure about Vista though. Let us know.

http://www.inmatrix.com/files/dvdgenie_download.shtml

Advertisement