Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone Italian

Options
  • 23-04-2007 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

Hey - would appreciate if someone could help me!

We have stopped (on a Shannon Cruise) in Athlone a couple of times and we
    always go to the same restaurant. We found it once, nice food - good value.
    So we keep on going back.
    BUT! I would like to make a booking - and I can't remember the name of it!
    Just say you are on the bridge walking away from the main town - up the hill.
    You walk past a really old pub on your left, and then you bear right and it is on the right was you are walking up. There are two floors in it, and the kitchen is open and on the ground floor.

I'm sorry if my descrpitions are a bit vague! But I reckon if you know Athlone, you'll know the place I'm talking about.
    Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Sounds like it is Di Bella (or something similar). Try looking for that in the phone book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Have just found 2 via yellowpages.ie:

Genoa Cafe, Custume Place - (090) 6472154

Bella Rossa, Mardyke Street - (090)6491968

I am not from Athlone to actually say where the place names are, sorry about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Pavorriti's is also really nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Cheers lads - Di Bella seems like the place!

Muchos appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭SitUbuSit

Hi,

Yep, the restaurant is definitely Di Bella.

If you fancy a change, there are a number of greta restaurants in Athlone.

Kin Khao is often described as having the best Thai food in Ireland. It's also very reasonably priced and is almost directly opposite the road from Di Bella.

A little further back that road is the Left Bank Bistro. It's the IT restaurant in Athlone and has really good food, kinda modern Irish food, in an amazing building that is light and spacious.

My favourite is the Olive Grove which is on the Leinster side of town just before the bridge on the left as you cross to the Connaught side. It has great Italian, Greek, Mediterranean, modern Irish food at really good prices.

There are a number of other options around but the above would be my favourites at the moment.

Hope that helps,
    Seamus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

olaola wrote:
    Hey - would appreciate if someone could help me!

We have stopped (on a Shannon Cruise) in Athlone a couple of times and we
    always go to the same restaurant. We found it once, nice food - good value.
    So we keep on going back.
    BUT! I would like to make a booking - and I can't remember the name of it!
    Just say you are on the bridge walking away from the main town - up the hill.
    You walk past a really old pub on your left, and then you bear right and it is on the right was you are walking up. There are two floors in it, and the kitchen is open and on the ground floor.

I'm sorry if my descrpitions are a bit vague! But I reckon if you know Athlone, you'll know the place I'm talking about.
    Cheers :)
    DEFINITELY di bella!! my fav retaurant

Advertisement