Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you cancel XBox Live subscription?

Options
  • 23-04-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Could somebody please tell me how to cancel an XBox Live Gold subscription so I'm not getting charged by the month. I rang the number (353 12420758) and I got put through to India where they don't answer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I just rang the customer support number (on a totally unrelated matter). I got so thick with them that I cancelled my XBox Live subscription. Really shot myself in the foot as I had 4 months left:(

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

sign into xbox.com , you should be able to do it there under account management

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Believe it or not, you can't. You have to ring them. Did it, at last. It's a very cynical stroke to rob people of their money and hope they can't be bothered to put the time and effort into phoning to cancel the subscription.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭General Valdez

Does anyone got the number to ring and cancel it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

• Advertisement

I had nothing but trouble with them too. They cancelled me as my address details were incorrect. I fixed it and it still took them 2 weeks to switch me back on. They didnt even compensate for the time i missed. Everytime i rang i was told that there was a 48 hour turn around. There was one of these every 48 hours . CAncelled in the end .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Xoffer

Believe it or not, you can't. You have to ring them. Did it, at last. It's a very cynical stroke to rob people of their money and hope they can't be bothered to put the time and effort into phoning to cancel the subscription.

Here's the freephone number for xbox. 0800 5871102
    First time caller long time listener :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

people that work there sound REALLY REALLY weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Sorry for the thread necromancy but does anyone have an up to date number for this? Ive tried searching their site and just cant find anything, the only number i found is an american one. Stupid that you cant cancel or change your rolling subscription through the account management bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Phone Information

Phone

Assistance by phone:

1 800 509 186

or +353 12420758 from a mobile phone

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):
    1 800 509 197

Hours of operation:
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
    Saturday: 09:00-20:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00
    http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/support/contact

Have you tried that number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/support/contact

Have you tried that number?

I havent, thanks for posting it though - i couldnt find it when i was looking before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 un4givn42

Goto http://www.xbox.com/accounts and sign in to your xbox live account.

Choose "membership level" from the tabs on the left.

After confirming your password, you'll see your current membership option (mine was month to month) along with the renewal date, and it should also say "auto-renewal: ON". The word "ON" is in green and you can click on it to disable it. Of course, after you click on it you have to go through 3 pages of BS clicking "next" to bypass all the reasons you don't want give up auto-renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

You can cancel online now, like Un4givn42 said - they introduced it a few months ago, see this thread as well:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055636943

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Boro wrote: »
    Sorry for the thread necromancy but does anyone have an up to date number for this? Ive tried searching their site and just cant find anything, the only number i found is an american one. Stupid that you cant cancel or change your rolling subscription through the account management bit.

Thumbs up for the use of the search function. Not many people do that around these parts.

Also, as has already been said it can now be done online through xbox.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Does'nt work for me at all, there is no link in the automatic renewal field to change it, "ON" is just text. :confused:

Tried it in IE, firefox and chrome and it's definitely just text

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Thanks for checking

Seems like ive missed the boat

• Registered Users Posts: 17 StigPepper

This is the only way to cancel payment for monthly auto renewal

Contact Xbox Support

If you were not able to find the support you need on our Web site, you can contact Xbox Support.
    Hours of operation

Phone assistance is available seven days a week.
    • 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time
    • 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time
    For quicker assistance with...

Xbox hardware
    issues Have your console serial number ready.
    Be in front of your console for troubleshooting.
    Xbox LIVE
    issuesHave your Gamertag ready.
    Be in front of your console for troubleshooting.
    Xbox billing
    issuesHave your Gamertag ready.
    Be ready to confirm account details, such as the answer to your secret question, for your security.
    Phone numbers
    • Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269
    • Direct dial: (425) 635-7180
    • Hearing impaired (TDD device): (866) 740-9269 or (425) 635-7102

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

they got me for the year when I only wanted a month. Last post will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

http://billing.microsoft.com - log in with your xbox details

you will see your subscription there and can cancel it

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

I know its a little off topic but i usually just buy the live game cards that way there are no billing mixups or overcharges or have to hassle with someone on the phone i cant understand. just type the code in i think you can get them in month 3 month 6 month and year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

You can cancel from the website its just really tricky to find because they are sneaky basterd's i found a website that show's you where to find il have a looksie
    To cancel your Xbox LIVE membership, please sign in to your account at http://www.xbox.com/accounts and cancel automatic renewal, or call Xbox Support.

When you disable automatic renewal, your current Xbox LIVE Gold membership will not automatically renew at the end of its term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Mochara627

When I cancelled my old account I had to ring India to get it cancelled. The guy feigned amazement at my gamescore and asked me was I sure I wanted to cancel an account with such amazing achievements...

It's like bringing back a pair of jeans to Next and the guy at the counter telling you how sexy you look in them. Made me laugh a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Mochara627 wrote: »
    When I cancelled my old account I had to ring India to get it cancelled. The guy feigned amazement at my gamescore and asked me was I sure I wanted to cancel an account with such amazing achievements...

It's like bringing back a pair of jeans to Next and the guy at the counter telling you how sexy you look in them. Made me laugh a little.

Nice!! How much gamerscpre did you have?

Wonder if that guy would say the same to me and my 850 points :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gordare

"Does'nt work for me at all, there is no link in the automatic renewal field to change it, "ON" is just text. confused.gif

Tried it in IE, firefox and chrome and it's definitely just text"

You have to ring them on 1800 509 186 and follow the options ie. "to cancel press 1" there's about 4 stages. I got through within a minute, dunno if I was just lucky but I got a guy with very good english who very easy to understand.
    They will ask you your name and for the last four digits of your credit card, also your gamertag and your address. They'll prattle on a lot ie. "why are you cancelling" but remain calm and tell them not to worry you'll be back later in the year blah blah blah. Eventually they'll give you a reference number. The guy said to me that nobody was using the online cancellation option so they removed it, sounds like a lot of crap to me. Anyway it's not really that bad - about ten minutes in all.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

StigPepper wrote: »
    This is the only way to cancel payment for monthly auto renewal

Contact Xbox Support

Totally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Totally wrong.

Then tell us how then or are you just trolling?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 StigPepper

The guy is no troll.

Apologies I posted the wrong number it was for the US. The correct number is below and the only way to cancel you subscription is to call this number. I just cancelled mine a few minutes ago. Good luck

Assistance by phone:

+353 12420758
    or 1 800 509 186

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Then tell us how then or are you just trolling?
    You are clearly trolling.

The advice earlier given works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Mochara627

Nice!! How much gamerscpre did you have?

Wonder if that guy would say the same to me and my 850 points :pac:

I had like 7k. Not really all that impressive considering the amount I play Xbox :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Wow m$haft are evil. The website unsubscribe method definitely doesnt work anymore. Disabled because of underuse??!! My arse!! they disabled it because ppl were using it way to much.
    Tried the numebrs from my mobile, guess what, the landline is unavailable and the freephone cant be dialled from a mobile. So i have to use a friendslandline and waste the 10 minutes its going to take which could have been done with a simple click online.
    I was going to re-subscribe later in the year, but i never will now. They purposefully make the fastest declining means of communication (landline) the only way to un-sub and im sure many many ppl just get pissed trying and leave it on.
    So, how to get even if one so wanted? I've heard the companys software division is vulnerable to revenue loss ;)

Advertisement