Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you cancel XBox Live subscription?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

So, how to get even if one so wanted?

buy a PS3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Don Juan DeMagoo

Gordare wrote: »
    "You have to ring them on 1800 509 186 and follow the options ie. "to cancel press 1" there's about 4 stages. I got through within a minute, dunno if I was just lucky but I got a guy with very good english who very easy to understand.
    They will ask you your name and for the last four digits of your credit card, also your gamertag and your address. They'll prattle on a lot ie. "why are you cancelling" but remain calm and tell them not to worry you'll be back later in the year blah blah blah. Eventually they'll give you a reference number. The guy said to me that nobody was using the online cancellation option so they removed it, sounds like a lot of crap to me. Anyway it's not really that bad - about ten minutes in all.

Good luck.

Thanks for this Gordare, just realized the darlings at Microsoft were still billing me two years on from last using my xbox 360. I had turned off automatic renewal, or at least I was sure I did at that time.

Oh well mea culpa I suppose. Followed your instructions and all done in ten minutes. I even got a laugh out of the lad on the other end of the line when he asked me was I happy with the service I had received from Microsoft over the last two years.

My only saving grace is that now with my subscription canceled, Microsoft the Giant Behemoth that it is, will suddenly starve of resources and topple over into the giant abyss from whence it came never to be seen again.

Well I can dream can't I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rowangall2003

Bit of a pain to have to ring but they were quite sound and had it done in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fishsticks

9 month old thread mate.

Yea it is a pain, they just want you to call so they can offer you deals so you don't leave. I got 40% off my next year subscription, when it renews I will call again to turn off auto-renewal and they may offer me another deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Heads up.

If your on auto renewal but just want it for cheaper, call up and say you wanna cancel.

They will do everything to stop you from cancelling, I scored 40% of year plus 800 ms points for keeping auto renewal on. Even though I am gonna call back up next month and turn it off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Depends on alot of factors with what you're offered

Advertisement