Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How Much Off Asking Price

Options
  • 23-04-2007 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Hi

How much should I expect to get off the asking price of a 06 Corolla/Mazda3 when buying with no trade in?

Say car for sale €18,950

I know it's a bit vague and depends on alot of factors

How much should I get off the asking price of 1yr old second hand Corolla/Mazda3 9 votes

€200 off
    0% 0 votes
    €500 off
    0% 0 votes
    €750 off
    11% 1 vote
    €1000 off
    33% 3 votes
    €1200 off
    22% 2 votes
    €1500 off
    33% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Guideline is 6-8%. Sometimes you get more though.

I actually managed close to 20% last week because the dealer was having trouble shifting the car.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Depends on how reasonable or otherwise the starting price is surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

ballooba wrote:
    Guideline is 6-8%. Sometimes you get more though.

I actually managed close to 20% last week because the dealer was having trouble shifting the car.

What car was that?

Advertisement