Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on installing Cash & carry kitchens

Options
  • 23-04-2007 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi - I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there who has installed a C & Carry Kitchen - I have a few things I'm not sure about and am wondering if there is someone I could query before I start..
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Most kitchen units are made and hung the same,ask away.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

yeah I did some about a year ago..fire ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bgengine

I'm just wondering if there are any special brackets to hold the units onto the walls and if the type off wall makes a difference - timber frame versus standard stone/block wall ?

thanks

The back of the presses will have a board that has been cut at 45 degrees across the middle.
    Once piece is fixed to the back of the press the other is loose (probably be inside the press)

The loose piece is fixed to your wall and then the other section thats on the press hangs from it.

If its a timber framed house you will need to find some timber behind where you want the presses to go.
    If there is none in the appropriate place you have a couple of other options:
    1) take off the plasterboard and fix some timber to the nearest baton/frame across where you need it
    2) use/make your own brackets to fix where you have timber to anywhere on the press.

good luck and feel free to ask more Q's...

thanks GreeBo,
    I think I understand how the 45 deg thing works from you description - thanks for that. Have you any suggestion on how the Loose board should be attached to the Wall - Screwed, bolted, nailed and what size screw/bolt/nail.
    I asked this with regard to the weight this board must hold - "The Press plus it's contents".

Also, I gather the Press will then sit on this board on the wall - should it be secured by any other method - other screws to the wall so that it does not "slip off" or move the 45 deg board ?

Incidently do the Kitchens come with installation instructions and parts ( screws etc...) do you recommend I get or do anything else that is not supplied ( from you experience)?
    thanks again

• Advertisement

no worries
    I screwed mine to the wall (block wall behind plasterboard with rawl plugs)
    I think I used 3 6x70mm screws but cant remember for sure.

While a fll cupboard will be pretty heavy the design of the fixing means that its all supported by the shearing strength of the screws, which is pretty high.
    Id be more worried about the MDF backing glued to the press :)

There were no instructions with mine, the presses are pre built just need to be fixed to the wall/floor.
    The larder units will be flat packed and need to be assembled, but all the parts are there, you will just need a screwdriver (for attaching base/top to sides).
    The shelves just sit on pushi fit shelving supports but I screwed mine in as the larder units tend to bow otherwise...

Godd luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Obviously I'm wrong in thinking that most cabinets are hung the same way:eek: I got a new kitchen in a few weeks ago, they came with cabinet hangers,basically a hinge in each top corner of the unit that sits on a metal reciever that's screwed to the wall. They can be adjusted up/down in and out.I though all cabinets were hung that way, certainly my previous cabinets were from 5/6 years ago.

thank again Greebo,

I think I get the jist of it ... any suggestions on which way to start, - do I do the top Presses first and then the bottom one with the work top or visa versa - does it make a difference ?

any other hints you might have ?

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KILRB

How do they deliver the worktops, are they delivered in separate pieces, if so, are joins supplied?

dubtom wrote:
    Obviously I'm wrong in thinking that most cabinets are hung the same way:eek: I got a new kitchen in a few weeks ago, they came with cabinet hangers,basically a hinge in each top corner of the unit that sits on a metal reciever that's screwed to the wall. They can be adjusted up/down in and out.I though all cabinets were hung that way, certainly my previous cabinets were from 5/6 years ago.
    Ohh fancy schmancy! :)
    Definitely a better job, trying to get them all exactly level is a pain in the jangly bits

• Advertisement

KILRB wrote:
    How do they deliver the worktops, are they delivered in separate pieces, if so, are joins supplied?
    I got my worktops separately but I think since C&C "designed" your kitchen they will provide the appropriate joins
    However I would assume you will just get a couple of either 3.4 or 3m lengths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭TKK

One idea I have is from watching a guy fit a kitchen in the parents place. He started from the ground and installed the cabinets and worktop all nice and level. Then he used a box that he had made which was the height between the counter and the base of the top cabinet. He could then rest the top cabinet on this and mark out it's position easily. It also ensured that all top cabinets were exactly level.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KILRB

Class idea TKK - thanks for posting.

Yes - Class idea TKK - thanks
    Any other ideas or suggestions please post here .....

regards

Advertisement