Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Motorola Surfboard and WAP problem

Options
  • 23-04-2007 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks i am having a problem with the new NTL Motorola cable modem and my wireless access point.

Problem is that i am unable to access the internet through the WAP when the modem is connected into it.
    I get an ip address off the router fine but it doesnt seem like the NAT is working so i dont get through to the net.
    Thoughts/suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

if the modem was setup originally with your laptop/pc then go to the router administration and clone the mac address of your laptop/pc.

failing this, then make sure your router is set to DHCP/Cable with no user/pass required ( ie. Not PPPoE )

now, switch off modem, and router. power up router, wait 1 minute, power up modem, wait one minute. make sure the lights on the modem come on in sequence and all end up being fully and constantly lit

Advertisement