Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Web Text From Old Operator

• 23-04-2007 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭

If I change my operator from O2 to meteor will I still be able to use O2`s webtext ?

I have all my contacts saved onto the O2 website so it would be a pain if I wasn't.

Thanks
    Duckmusic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Why oh why would O2 give you free webtexts if your not with them anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Why not just use Meteors webtext instead? - they give you 50 more texts free.
    you will have to enter them in again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Meteor give them only to Irish numbers though whereas you can send them to international numbers with o2 which may effect some peoples choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

If you port your number, and close your o2 account, you'll lose your o2 web account and therefore your o2 webtexts.

If you just purchase a new 085 number, you can keep your 02 webtexts active, but they'll send from your old (086) number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

Thanks everybody for the info.

Whats the meteor webtext like ??? I have never used it but I have used the vodafone one and didn't really like it. It would only let me send 5 texts at a time free where as with O2 u could send group texts for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Shredneck

I find O2's webtext very good.
    250 webtext free every month and can be used to National and International numbers while I'm at home or abroad.
    Grouptext is very handy and you can even send them from your phone.

Advertisement