Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro Evolution Soccer 7 - 360

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It'll be a true next gen version unless they go back on their word... although I could see them doing that because of the huge user base with ps2's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Bit early TBH, I mean the new Winning Eleven isn't even out yet.

Gameplay is spot on, just a few tweaks and better on line options would make it a killer game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭the corpo

jaysis, i've hardly touched PES6 yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I dont want no steenking watered-down version this time!

I want replays and the choice the PS2 version had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I doubt I'll buy this for the 360, not after the travesty that was PES6. I've been playing PES6 on my PS3 over the weekend and it just surpasses it's 360 counterpart in almost every way (barring graphics of course). I'll go for the PS3 version as that will most likely have 4 player matches and also the much better controller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

They rushed it out for the xbox part of some deal with microsoft to have pro evo before the PS3 came out and they made a balls of it . horrible game .

Ive got PS2 pro evo 6 on my PS3 up and going now far far better .

At least they have all the licences so for the first time ever proper premiership teams and kits :D

I'd be surprised if Winning eleven comes out on next gen because of the whole import export thing plus winnign eleven is normally out in march ( think its called winning eleven pro evolution soccer 2007 now anyway )

But i know for sure i wont touch the xbox version PS3 all the way .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

surely the xbox version will be a carbon copy of the ps3 version! I know the PS2 version had more features than the 360 but that's because they rushed the 360 one, like you said.

Winning 11 2007 came out in the states and it was PES 6 AFAIK but the Japan winning 11 comes out in may/June (I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

sprinkles wrote:
    surely the xbox version will be a carbon copy of the ps3 version!

Yeah, I'm almost certain it will be like that, and to who said the gameplay needs an overhaul, thats not true, it still had great gameplay, like all pro evo's there were little things wrong but still, aside from the missing options it still played well. But in saying that I'll probably go for the ps3 version, just because for pro evo I prefer the ps3 controllers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Julez wrote:
    and to who said the gameplay needs an overhaul, thats not true, it still had great gameplay,

Play PES6 for 10 minutes on the ps2 and compare it to the 360 version.

Although its very playable the 360 version is a lazy, watered down port of PES6 on the ps2. Konami need to put out a fully formed Pro Evolution for the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,269 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

hate the 360 verstion of PES6.

The players seem slower paced, slower to react, slower to dribble, slower to do EVERYTHING. Everything about the ps2 version is better, apart from the graphics, and they don't bother me at all; its all about the gameplay.

It is annoying, becuase i had PES5 on the xbox, and i thought it was great on it - matched the ps2 for speed of play and movement, and the shooting was slightly better too, imo. the 360 version was rushed to the point where it should have just been canceled.

Hopefully PES7 is a lot better on the 360, but i can see it being the title that pushes me to buy a PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

Tauren wrote:
    hate the 360 verstion of PES6.

The players seem slower paced, slower to react, slower to dribble, slower to do EVERYTHING. Everything about the ps2 version is better, apart from the graphics, and they don't bother me at all; its all about the gameplay.

It is annoying, becuase i had PES5 on the xbox, and i thought it was great on it - matched the ps2 for speed of play and movement, and the shooting was slightly better too, imo. the 360 version was rushed to the point where it should have just been canceled.

Hopefully PES7 is a lot better on the 360, but i can see it being the title that pushes me to buy a PS3.

Bang on i had pro evo 5 on xbox 1 and it was better than the ps2 version ( no slow down )but pro evo 6 on 360 was terrible, but maybe because i had Playstation controllers on my xbox i didnt have to use those horrible xbox controllers untill the 360 arrived . Now im back to playstation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Play PES6 for 10 minutes on the ps2 and compare it to the 360 version.

I've played it for alot longer than 10 minutes on both systems, they do play differently, and the ps2 probably is a bit better, but without widescreen support its far too fast on a wide screen tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Had Pro Evo 5 for the ps2 and then got it for the xbox when I traded my ps2 in for a 360. To be honest I didn't notice any difference in the two versions at all.

Pro Evo 6 on the 360 has its faults (never played the ps2 version), but it's better to play than 5 was on either system. Very frustrating game which got alot of undeserved praise.

Advertisement