Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] Projector Advice, Budget €600 to €800.

Options
  • 23-04-2007 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I’m planning to buy a projector with a budget of €600 to €800. I won’t be looking at the highest quality DVD’s with this, but more stuff recorded from television and also downloads from the internet.

On Komplett.ie, I’ve found the following models that meet these criteria.

I appreciate any advice on the best one to go for (and reasons why) from anyone with knowledge on the subject. If anyone knows any other good websites to look for one, that will also be welcome.

Thanks in Advance.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?wf=X&bn=10686&minPrice=600&maxPrice=800

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

I would recommend one of the InFocus projectors - I got the IN74 brand new on ebay for 700 euros. I use it for films and playin xbox and its excellent for both. I did a lot of research before buying and the In74 got great reviews everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I would recommend one of the InFocus projectors - I got the IN74 brand new on ebay for 700 euros. I use it for films and playin xbox and its excellent for both. I did a lot of research before buying and the In74 got great reviews everywhere.

I don't suppose you have the name of the seller on ebay or know if they had any other stock like that?

I've been looking into getting an IN72.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

There are two types of Data Video Projectors.
    1. Business Model
    2. Home Cinema Models

1. Business Models
    Used primarily for showing data and video from a PC source, these projectors project in a 4:3 aspect ratio.
    The most important factors when choosing a business projector are:
    a) Resolution (800x 600 SVGA and 1024 x768 XGA being the most common)
    Resolution reflect the number of pixels shown on the screen
    The higher resolution the more detailed the images
    b) Brightness (1500 - 2500 ANSI Lumens being the current standard)
    The brightness rating effects the size of the image and whether or not the projector can be used in a bright room.

2. Home Cinema Models
    Used primarily to show Video from a Video Source (DVD Player, Computer Games Console, satellite or Cable Box), these projector project in a 16:9 or wide screen aspect ratio and tend to be use in dimly lit rooms.
    The most important factors when choosing a home cinema projector are:
    a) Resolution (854 x 480 up to 1920 x 1080)
    b) Contrast Ratio (The difference between black and white, better blacks are need for great looking pictures when watching films)

Home cinema projectors also tend to have better connections (Component, HDMI) whereas business projectors have the standard VGA connection and S-Video & composite video.

From the models on the complete that you have found, only the epson is a true home cinema projector.

The rest are business projectors which would be fine for general use.
    If you are not into true home cinema (Lights off when watching video) I would recommend getting an XGA resolution projector with the highest brightness possible. This well enable to to watch internet clips on the wall of your office/lounge with the lights on.

However for the best video experience, (you must be prepared to dim the lights, pull the curtains etc) I would recommend to go with a home cinema projector like the Infocus quoted above, but this may be above your budget.

• Advertisement
Advertisement