Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the easiest way to create this?

Options
  • 23-04-2007 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I want to have a slide show on my myspace music page showing various positive emails and comments from different people. I was thinking of using slide.com and making a graphic of the persons pic, name, location and their quote with some free software of some sort and inserting it into my slide show which I would then embed in my page. Are there any free programs that could do this with a template so I don't have to make a brand new graphic every time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

dont know much about myspace,
    nice page though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

dont know much about myspace,
    nice page though

THanks spidermonkey. Any thoughts on recommending free software that can simply lay out graphics like I want?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

dont know much about the opensource software, however i've heard that the gimp is pretty good and you can get a plug-in or something that re-arranges the menus so that it mimics photoshop so its a bit more intuitive and user friendly, think its called gimpshop? but i could be wrong.

you'd need screen grab software anyway in order to get shots of the comments,
    you should have a look around the opensource websites too.

are you on a mac?, if you are theres a piece of software in the utilities folder called Grab in your applications window that can take screenshots or window shots, and you could use iphoto or even preview to crop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

you'd need screen grab software anyway in order to get shots of the comments,
    you should have a look around the opensource websites too.

are you on a mac?, if you are theres a piece of software in the utilities folder called Grab in your applications window that can take screenshots or window shots, and you could use iphoto or even preview to crop it.
    Isn't that on windows too, print screen??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

yeah. on windows, you press "prnt Scrn" and then open your graphics program and press paste.

on mac, you press apple+shift+3 and it then saves that as an image on your desktop.

moe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I've cut and pasted some comments into paint and saved them as jpeg's. I made a slide show, they're on the myspace page in my sig. Maybe they could be better though. Any feedback on the welceom, just click my sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 iconboy

Acrobat can capture a web page to a PDF document. This can then be taken into Photoshop or illustrator to be further manipulated.

Advertisement