Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&M's Challenge €25k Pro Evo Tournament

Options
  • 23-04-2007 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hey guys,

We have now officially launched the M&M's Challenge 2007.

Full details can be found at http://xboxlivegamingcentre.com/cup.html, prize details can be found at http://xboxlivegamingcentre.com/prizes.html.

We ran our first heat on Sunday, so we have our first four through to the knockout stages, and we are running match days on the following dates:

April Dates
    Thursday 26th @ 6pm - 10pm
    Sunday 29th @ 2pm - 6pm

May Dates
    Thursday 3rd @ 6pm - 10pm
    Sunday 6th @ 2pm - 6pm
    Monday 7th @ 2pm - 6pm
    Thursday 10th @ 6pm - 10pm
    Sunday 13th @ 2pm - 6pm
    Thursday 17th @ 6pm - 10pm
    Sunday 20th @ 2pm - 6pm
    Thursday 24th @ 6pm - 10pm
    Sunday 27th @ 2pm - 6pm
    Thursday 31st May @ 6pm - 10pm

We have over 300 registrations so far, so get your entry in now by registering online, and you can pay for your ticket online or through the centre at 51 South William Street, Dublin 2

Jamie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Woo :) Got through to the finals, after a very very close quarter final.

Must say, very impressed with the place, the set-up, and the running of the tourney. If only, if only, it was on the PS2, as the XBox version truly is **** :)

Either way, very well run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

you there yesterday? I tamely went out before the business end of things, I was in group 2 I think

Pro Evo after a heavy night and two hours sleep isn't a good idea

I was in group three (I think), lost the final on a last minute goal :/

Gimma some time though, only getting back into now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Yesterdays one was good. group 2 was extremely close. it had 3 2-2 draws, an 8-0 win and plenty of other high scoring fixtures... including a 4-4 draw.

cheers for the kind words, i do my best :p i took down the occasional score wrong though :/ difficult to keep track of all the home and away ties.
    More prizes should be on the way.. just have to wait for the sponsors.

shoes fit PHB ? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Jazzy wrote:
    Yesterdays one was good. group 2 was extremely close. it had 3 2-2 draws, an 8-0 win and plenty of other high scoring fixtures... including a 4-4 draw.

Tell me about it, I lost only one game, beat the two lads who progressed out of the group, and still went out

Might try again on another day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I went through on thursday evening myself. Had a really good semi final match which I lost in extra time but it didnt bother me because I was through. came third in the end.

I wasnt in the mood for playing that day, was just one of the times when nothing goes well so I got lucky.

I play with Man Utd but ill have to try inter a bit more because those guys are too strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

I got through on the thursday. Whats the format for the next round? Same again?

Oh by the way, If anyone elses reeboks dont fit them, if you send an email to reebok uk they will replace them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 XLGC_Dublin

This event is still running!

there are 3 dates left for players to enter.
    Thursday 24th May at 6pm
    Sunday 27th May at 2pm
    Thursday 31st at 6pm

If you have entered before but didnt make it to the June qualifiers then dont worry as you can re-enter on any of the above dates.

go to www.xboxlivegamingcentre.com for details or simply ask in the centre itself.
    The centre is located at 51 South William Street, Dublin 2.
    If you wish to phone the centre to book a place, you can do so on 01-675-0544.

Good Luck!

I figure about 30 hours of practice from the day after my exams (finished on the 29th) until the sunday, 4 days, about 8 hours a day :) Cost should be about 150 quid to pay for gaming time, but the cost benefit should be worth it :)

How does the final structure work? By my count, there should be 26 people through to the finals. Is it gona be groups then knockout again?

pretty much. Groups then knockout just like the previous rounds.

From what I know, there should be two groups of players in on the sunday. then we will eliminate them down for the Grand Final on the 4th of June which will be the best of the best playing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Tell me about it, I lost only one game, beat the two lads who progressed out of the group, and still went out

Might try again on another day

Tank Top, get practicing ye whore......or you know what'll happen!!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

alrigh ill head down on thursday for the laugh i dont have a credit carcd or any ****e can i just turn up on thursday and pay on the door!?

leek wrote:
    alrigh ill head down on thursday for the laugh i dont have a credit carcd or any ****e can i just turn up on thursday and pay on the door!?

yeah u can, thats cool ill be there anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

sound is it onj 360?

yeah, the entire competition is played on the 360

So the next round is on this Sunday is it? What time and all that.

Cheers

not liking the layout of the sunday competition now. 26 players and you have to play each one twice?!?! thats goin to take a long time. i mean what is this world of warcraft of somethin?!?! :p

ahhh, slight confusion

its gonna be even groups and u play each person in ur group twice :p

oh jesus thank god for that. I was afraid Id end up hating pro evo after that marathon :p

I'm never playing this game again after tomorrow.

The stress of today's games!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

The stress was just unreal, like, it was actually crazy.

Grr, went out in last 16, very annoyed :/ alas, what can ya do :/

disgusted! went out last 8 on penalties. had last pen to stay in it and I took too long and the computer kicked it down the middle for me.

was 4-1 down after first leg and ended up being in the lead for the second leg 4-0 or ages but only to concede a goal which brought it to et.

ah well had good fun. just disappointed

I went out with my tail between legs at the group stages! :eek:
    The rave in the warehouse on the quays last night was to blame, I just couldnt create any chances.

Who won in the end?

What prizes did you lads win?

this is what I got.

Broadband Pack + Live Subscription + Pro Evolution 6 + Centre Membership Pack + T Shirt + Reebok Wallet, Cap, Bag, water bottle, football & Jacket

not too bad really but i wouldve liked a 360 or even better a HD telly :p

Well its over now, thanks all for showing up!

was a good laugh, hope everyone had fun playing in the tourney. The prizes will be sent out to you asap. I am in the process of phoning every winner to confirm their details so I will get around to all of you.

I hope that we can do another tourney before the summer is over, I will post updates on this as soon as I know.

Advertisement