Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q+A (Queer & Alternative) - Friday May 4th

Options
  • 23-04-2007 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Q+A (Queer & Alternative).... is back to save the day yet again.
    Ireland's biggest indie night is back again on Friday May 4th at the Temple Bar Music Centre from 11pm.
    This time with NEW album giveaways from indie cuties 'Arctic Monkeys' and cult electro-rockers 'Nine Inch Nails'....

Also - In the front bar it's TORI AMOS Vs. KATE BUSH - From 12 to 1 DJ Paul B will referee a DJ set full of classics from the two ladies that will have even the toughest indie boys on their knees!

(Also - for those of you with an eye for a bargain and an ear for cool sounds - don't forget the last ever pre-party in Gubu on Capel street from 8pm - Here you can buy Queue-Jump tickets and get discount flyers that will offer you cheaper entry to Q+A. We're working on drinks promotions at the moment and we'll soundtrack your evening with the greatest tunes known to man-kind.

Don't Miss It!
    Bebo page =
    http://queerandalternative2.bebo.com

Note - the following is a sample of the music that will be played..
    Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, Goldfrapp, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Hole, The Cure, The Smiths, The White Stripes, Be Your Own Pet, Blur, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Snow Patrol, David Bowie, PJ Harvey, Editors, Le Tigre, Kaiser Chiefs, Ladytron, Scissor Sisters, Stereo MCs, !!!, Kate Bush, Garbage, Suede, Placebo, Stone Roses, Pixies, MUSE, Pink, B52s, Nirvana, The Kooks, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, The Who, My Chemical Romance, Hot Chip, Prodigy, RATM, Franz Ferdinand, The Gossip, Chemical Brothers, Marylin Manson, New Order, Janes Addiction, Depeche Mode, Basement Jaxx, The Libertines, Blondie, Director, Pavement, L7, Gorrilaz, Dandy Warhols, AIR, Morrissey, Bloc Party, Patti Smith, NIN, The Strokes, The Hives, Ash, The Rapture, Panic At The Disco, Pulp, The Rakes, Long Blondes, Sex Pistols, Kings Of Leon, Foo Fighters, The Automatic, Arcade Fire, Green Day, U2, Linkin Park, LCD Soundsystem, Fall Out Boy, Interpol... and 100s more

2590520781a4070460221b769598889l.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You never mention how much it costs for a ticket? I intended going last time but when I heard that it was something like 15 euro a ticket I decided to give it a miss. Seems very expensive for what it is,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭me87_ie

I cant wait for this. Go every single time it's on.

The reason they can get away with those prices is because it's not on that often, people like me (who love it), will pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So speedy, interested in replying or are you just pluging some music event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

the price is €10 with a stamped flyer or q-jump (both available at the gubu thing) or €12 at the door. All in all good value for a whats usually a hopping night out with loadsa people up for a fun time. And if you get towards the front for the album giveaways you'll usually get one (tho maybe not the one you want :) ) which would bring the effective price down to zero :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Just as long as they don't let ladyface in the door again - not very indie or rock. I have to say that there are better indie nights in dublin that are cheaper, antics, any night in bruxelles, fibbers, whelans.... but they don't have the added ingerdient we all crave the sexy rock boys and chicks! I wish the music was a bit edgier I was sitting beside some metallers at the last one and they got up and left after the killers had been put on for the nth time...nevertheless I'll prob go sure what other choice is there.. kylie in the g.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The music was a lot edgier in the Sharpshooters day - you'd get more heavier Pumpkins, NIN, etc. Much preferred that - last time I was there, I would leave the area when they put the bloody Killers on again. Haven't been in a while as I've found the play-list a bit too staid.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

Sorry guys, was away!

Yes its FREE in to the party in Gubu from 8.00
    and it's 10 Euro into Q+A at the Music Centre with a discount flyer which are available from Gubu.
    It's 12 Euro if you don't have a flyer - but they're free and plentiful.

Don't know where the 15 euro rumour came from - I think people get Q+A mixed up with Tease which was on at the same venue a few years back. Q+A was a guest of Tease a few times, which is where that wrong price might have come from - ditto for the music policy - it's changed a lot since. It's a Nine Inch Nails giveaway on May 4th so I imagine there will be NIN played and I heard Pumpkins played last time.

The Killers have released a new album recently and have a new single out next Friday so I cant say you're not going to hear them, sorry! But there is a Tori Amos Vs Kate Bush dj set in the front bar, so you can escape there when you hear the Killers. Or theres a trumpet player in the toilet, so you can run down there too!
    Hope this info helps.

Advertisement