Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Of Us

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

the Gaybo impression is funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

When I saw the trailors I was looking forward to seeing Bull Island making a comeback.

It turned out to be one of those mediocre 5 minute sketches stretched to half an hour. It was dire.

I've seen better stuff home-made on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

scargill wrote:
    Some of the impressions are dire - Cooper has to tell you who he is doing.
    Which ones? The idea is that its an exaggeration, otherwise it wouldnt be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm a current affairs/political junkie, and I watched it with the bf and his parents and we all had a good laugh. Its no Apres Match but I still found it entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Christ it looks so cheap. The whole thing is filmed in and around f*cking RTÉ? How much of a "we heart the mother ship" is that?? I have to say though the Gaybo impression was brilliant and the RTÉ receptionist was spot on "no, she's dead!".

Apart from those two though the production value is awful. George Hook was 10 stone... They could afford a helicopter but not a fat suit??? And the Tom character is a smug pat on the back too far I think. Also I don't think the running theme in each episode is strong enough to hold it together, individual sketches would work better.

It made me chuckle but I'd never watch it twice and it really really stinks of an rté love in, which really can't be all that satirical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

When I saw the trailors I was looking forward to seeing Bull Island making a comeback.

God, why?! Let's hope Alan Shortt never graces our screens again. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Good episode last night I think its fair to say. Very funny in parts, especially the ambulance escapade towards the end. Joan burton and Pat rabitte were funny also. The female characters add to the show I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭csk

I was hoping this would be funny but the script is dire and the gags weak. It seems a bit stale somehow. The only thing good is Risteard Coopers impressions but it's not enough to carry unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

cashback wrote:
    God, why?! Let's hope Alan Shortt never graces our screens again. Ever.

Explain yourself!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I thought the interview with enda and kenny was pretty funny last night, but its still strange having this satire which is more about rte and pat kenny and this random guy tom the producer then anything else???

• Advertisement
Advertisement