Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Colt Speedo Probs

Options
  • 23-04-2007 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm new so how do I create a new thread ... since a month ago I'm the new owner of a Mits' Colt (bought privately, without a mechanic!) .. it's an 01 Ltd Edition. I love it! in the last couple of weeks however, I've noticed the odometer has played up by not coming on with the ignition started and the speedometer needle doesn't move from starting point. It can remain off for an entire journey lasting 20 minutes. Since I'm getting used to a 1.3 as opposed to a 1 litre Micra for the last 5 years, I know I'm driving faster in this car and it's easy to get up to 70 .. I'm not a racer .. I just don't want to be done by the boys in blue for speeding if my odometer is not working. It's only happened 2 or 3 times but does anyone know how this is fixed; can it be fixed simply?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

1st Colt wrote:
    I'm new so how do I create a new thread

Simply click on 'New Thread' at the top of the list in the main Motors Forum.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Posts moved into a new thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It could possibly a fault with the speed sensor in the gearbox. I'm not too familiar with Mitsubishis, but I've seen this problem in other makes of car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 1st Colt

thanx Kbannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 1st Colt

and thanks crosstownk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If the odometer isn't coming on and the speedo isn't moving you've prob got a bad electrical connection somewhere.

I'd check the connections to the back of the instrument cluster are firmly seated and that I have no fuses that are loose. Not necessarily in that order, as the fuse check is easier.

Advertisement