Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changed to Eircom Account without my permission

Options
  • 23-04-2007 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hello,

A friend of mine wanted me to get sorted out with Broadband. He was a Talk to Talk customer so i rang Eircom Sales and told them specifically that the wanted to stay an Eircom Customer both have Eircom Boraodband. The even assured me that he would get 2 bills one from Eircom for the broadband and one from Talk2Talk for the phone bill. Hes parents are old and he didnt want to burden them with changing over and signing this that and the other plus he wanted a seperate bill as he was paying for the broadband and so this suited.

4 weeks later and no sign of an answer so i ring them up. Hes now an eircom customer again they tell me. They didnt seem to bothered when i told them i never gave permission to change i only game the universal account number because they said they needed it to get the broadband in. So is this not ridiculous that they can change accounts over this easily without my permission. I tried to get put through to sinead but they said its not possible, and they dont seem to be bothered about it, saying theres nothing they can do and ill have to ring Talk2Talk to switch back.

Maybe there on commission or it helps them achieve personal targets by switching over a user but it should never be done without the users permission when they clearly understood that i didnt want to change from talk2talk and i think its very devious. And they could have at least ordered the broadband. Is there any point complaining about this or should i just let it go???

Hes parents obiously changed to Talk2Talk for the cheaper calls or package deals and now there going to see an Eircom bill and go banana's:mad: :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It is very diificult to distinguish in the post who exactly has been switched without permission.

If someone has been switched without permission they should immediately complain to Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Basically i done the following for a friend:

Called eircom and gave them the Talk Talk Universal Account No as they said they needed it to give me broadband

Explained they dont want to switch from talk talk and want 2 seperate bills one from talk talk and one from eircom from the broadband. This was important and i explained this and they assured me it would be done that way.

4 weeks later i contacted them when there was no sign of broadband to be told no order was put in on that account and when i mentioned about them being a talk talk customer they said but Mr.x is now an eircom customer we have switched him over:eek:

Sorry if the OP was a bit mumbled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

dvdfan wrote:

Called eircom and gave them the Talk Talk Universal Account No as they said they needed it to give me broadband

Explained they dont want to switch from talk talk and want 2 seperate bills one from talk talk and one from eircom from the broadband. This was important and i explained this and they assured me it would be done that way.

4 weeks later i contacted them when there was no sign of broadband to be told no order was put in on that account and when i mentioned about them being a talk talk customer they said but Mr.x is now an eircom customer we have switched him over:eek:

Unless you went through Third Party Verification or physically signed something then you can't be brought back to eircom.

Dial 19800 to check for yourself which company your with.

If you are with eircom then ring comreg and inform them. Eircom will have to provide either the form you signed or the recording where you said you wanted to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Yes, when i went to try and solve everything and ring Talk Talk to resign up they said id have to get the bill payer to ring back and theyd transfer him to a 3rd party to complete the signup so how eircom managed to do this without this. I definetely didnt confirm anything with a 3rd party when getting the broadband sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

dvdfan wrote:
    Yes, when i went to try and solve everything and ring Talk Talk to resign up they said id have to get the bill payer to ring back and theyd transfer him to a 3rd party to complete the signup so how eircom managed to do this without this. I definetely didnt confirm anything with a 3rd party when getting the broadband sorted

Ring Comreg so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

dvdfan wrote:

Most isps (rightfully I think) will not deal with someone ringing on behalf of a friend etc. so I don't know how you managed to get them deal with you at all.

Anyways Comreg it is so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

dvdfan wrote:
    You shouldn't have been able to do anything as they are only allowed to change accounts with the account holder, not someone else. As said, go straight to Comreg as ericom have acted completely improperly here. If you got the name of the person who took the order then all the better.

Advertisement