Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skangers and sitting so low in the seat??

Options
  • 23-04-2007 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

Been noticing this more and more lately.

ie. Skangers/boyracers with the seat as low as it will go and as far back as it will go with just their forehead visible over the top of the steering wheel.

My own little theory is that this habit which is both ridiculous looking and downright dangerous must stem from gansta culture like everything else skangers do.....The funny limp walk? Why thats because someone busted a cap in me Yo! Sitting that low in the car seat?? Why thats so I present the smallest possible target to the driveby shooters Yo!

Besides the fact that these feckers are absolute maniacs behind the wheel. If they wheelspin and tear around corners in the middle of a town, what are they like on empty backroad? Does anyone think that these single vehicle accidents on the backroads of this country are down to a combination of speed.......and......the fact that these idiots can't see over the steering wheel.

They are reducing their field of vision by 50%!!

If I was a Guard I would stop every single one of these morons and make their life a misery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Agreed. Plus, the majority have baseball caps on limiting peripheral vision, and a stupid vinyl banner across the Windscreen (FORD FIESTA - as if we didn't know, they feel the need to put it on the Windscreen).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

they're also putting up insurance premiums... can't stand them...

do you think the baseball caps reduce their vision even more?

EDIT - damm you got their first ned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They drive like that in towns whiloe there are people there to watch them. They aren't quite as bad out of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Calibos wrote:
    Been noticing this more and more lately.

Noticed this for the last 10+ years. A combination of driving style, car and "get up" of the driver will rpobably have them pulled by the Guards. I know a few Guards and they usually do pull these type. I had a mate check out a civic my wife was considering buying a few years back, the amount of stops registered on the pluse system put her ttally off. Speeding, Dangerous driving reported, giving grief to Guards. They tend not to get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I have noticed this as well. Also, they seem to use the drivers door as a headrest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Fecking double quotes....grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

FX Meister wrote:
    They drive like that in towns whiloe there are people there to watch them. They aren't quite as bad out of town.

FACT?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I see a fair few people driving around in the middle of the car. ie leaned right over so that their heads are more or less in line with the rear view mirror. Whats that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I LOL'd when I saw the thread title. Yes, skangers invariably put the seat way down/back to look cool, also many of these lads aren't the tallest in the first place :)

Others slouch onto the drivers door or else lean in such a way that it looks like they are sitting between the front seats.

Another phenomenon is the "short woman in a VW" one. I always find it funny how many women can barely see over the steering wheel of their Golfs and Polos. IMO this is because VW have been historically scabby with equipment and haven't been fitting height adjustable seats while at the same time VWs have been favoured by women due to their "trendy" image.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Stekelly wrote:
    I see a fair few people driving around in the middle of the car. ie leaned right over so that their heads are more or less in line with the rear view mirror. What's that all about?
    I've always wondered about that one too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Stekelly wrote:
    I see a fair few people driving around in the middle of the car. ie leaned right over so that their heads are more or less in line with the rear view mirror. Whats that all about?

Maybe they're pretending that they're driving a McLaren F1!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Stekelly wrote:

I think it's an unwritten rule with boyracers that you can only sit on one cheek at a time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

to be ready to put your ten spot up your arse!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Stekelly wrote:

I caught myself doing that once. I quickly corrected myself before I ended up in a Glanza.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

What about driving with the hoodie up (this goes for the less street wise ones).

Joyriders in stolen cars wear their hoods up, allthough it grabs the gardai's attention, it stops them recognising the scanger.

However, our little pupracer puts on the hood thinking he is all urban, tough and kewl with his fogs on and seat back as far as he can. Then is shocked when the Gards pull him over!

If you were that tough, kewl and urban you wouldn't have a car, and you wouldn't live with your ma, also, you wouldn't be attracting attention from the Gards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stekelly wrote:

Its so they can admire thier skangy selves. The whole 'sat on the floor in me burburry hat' thing is just embarassing, they'll look back and cringe.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

I drive with my seat as low as it can go, but only beacuse I'm tall and the steering wheel would be practically touching my knees if i didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

:D Funny, was just thinking the same on the way home from work today - some little tiny dude in his car, seat all the way back - had to check my mirror twice to make sure that there was actually someone driving the car...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

skangers are the bane of society, on good friday last a whole crowd of these inept weaklings gathered around a gaa pitch across from my brothers,.
    revving up all nite. their hondas no doubt.

did they get a kick out of it or somethin?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

ned78 wrote:
    Plus, the majority have baseball caps on limiting peripheral vision

Nothing to worry about here, the way these folk wear their caps actually defeats all purpose of wearing a cap as they have it pointing vertically up as much as is possible on a human head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

MrPudding wrote:
    FACT?

MrP
    I am not allowed use the word fact as much as I used to so I have to use it sparingly. FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

FX Meister wrote:
    I am not allowed use the word fact as much as I used to so I have to use it sparingly. FACT.

:D

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Stekelly wrote:
    These used to be called "water skiers". Don't see it as much any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

its cause part of the in car entertainment (as judged by the racket they make) is a dance dance revolution mat - and you gotta take the seats out to fit it in

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

FX Meister wrote:

LOL! In fairness, your trolling got a bit much, dude. So who told you to behave?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

Stekelly wrote:

Thats so true. The left tilt! Always amuses me when i see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Don't forget they also have one hand on the steering wheel while the other hand is holding a mobile phone so that others can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Stekelly wrote:

It's so they go equally deaf in both ears

When the boombox is turned up to the max, there's no such thing as "balance" or "fader" controls.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They're trying to live the bouncy hydraulic suspension low rider dream ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The main reason is the fact that all of them are inbred..

Advertisement