Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

history(likely questions)

• 23-04-2007 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

anyone have any idea?

im hoping on nazis, balkans, northern ireland and lockout

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

I'll be hoping Hitler's foreign policy, GAA, Bismarck and War of Independence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,463 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Rise of Sinn Féin(was on the Examcraft Mock), Gaa, Economies(CnG/FF), Rise of Nazism. Not fully sure. Theres a few that would be ok for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Movements for reform: Strike and lockout

Sovereignty and partition: Northern Ireland, Fianna Fáil/ Cumann Na nGaedheal social and economic policies. I'd be happy if anything on the language, religion and culture section or Ireland during WWII came up, but since they featured last year it doesn't seem likely.

Nation states and International tensions: Women in WW1, developments in science, technology, medicine etc. including Karl Benz and the motor car

Dictatorship and democracy: Nazi propoganda, Anti-Semitism, Moscow Show Trials, Anglo-American popular culture

Those are the topics I won't be avoiding in any event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I want Rising/Civil War/War of Independence/Treaty for Irish
    nazis, Hitler, Propaganda, Mussolini for Dictatorship and
    Civil Rights/Moon Landing for American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 memberofpublic

I'm hoping for
    Document question: GAA
    Sovereignty & Partition: Rising/War of Independence/Treaty/Civil War
    Dictatorship & Democracy: Nazi propaganda would be nice, any Hitler really
    Divison & Realignment: Come on Gorbachev! I'm rubbish with this book

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Don't care which document questions I get (I guess the Strike and Lockout would be the best).For the Irish essay i'd love it if the Rising and the Civil War came up.From Dictatorship and Democracy I'd love a question on the rise of Hitler/Mussolini or the rise of Nazism (it'd be great if nothing from the ACTUAL war came up!).And from Division and Realignment i'd like a question on the start of communism,the show trials and the five year plans or a question on the oil crisises (although that came up last year.......so its highly unlikely it'll come up this year).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

There's a good chance of the 2nd Vatican Council coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Damn, all you Sovereignty and partition students seem so keen on The treaty/rising/Civil war etc. I can't learn any of that information for the life of me. It just won't sink in. Come to think of it I'm basically ignoring all but the last 5 chapters in Sovereignty - especially since there's a good chance Northern Ireland/ Fianna fail's and Cumann na nGaedheals economic and social policies will come up. If not, then fúck it. At least I didn't put myself through the misery of learning that muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Gimme some Mood Landing, Nazis/Propaganda (easy way out) and Pearse. Twould be nice to do the mock again :p

Steve01 wrote:
    Damn, all you Sovereignty and partition students seem so keen on The treaty/rising/Civil war etc. I can't learn any of that information for the life of me. It just won't sink in. Come to think of it I'm basically ignoring all but the last 5 chapters in Sovereignty - especially since there's a good chance Northern Ireland/ Fianna fail's and Cumann na nGaedheals economic and social policies will come up. If not, then fúck it. At least I didn't put myself through the misery of learning that muck.
    Nah, I'm focusing most of my attention to FF and their policies. Maybe comparing their economic policies with C na G's. I ain't touching anything to do with the Treaty or the War of Independence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Nah, I'm focusing most of my attention to FF and their policies. Maybe comparing their economic policies with C na G's. I ain't touching anything to do with the Treaty or the War of Independence.
    But why?I mean its pretty much gauranteed that there will be a question on either the rising, the war of independence OR the civil war, purely because its such a large part of our history and it wasn't on the only LC history paper thats been done already.Why would you choose to ignore what is pretty much a guaranteed question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Nazi propaganda and the eastern question for europe. How the divisions over the treaty led to civil war for ireland. i dont mind what document comes up. if those questions come up ill be finished the exam in like an hour and a half

But why?I mean its pretty much gauranteed that there will be a question on either the rising, the war of independence OR the civil war, purely because its such a large part of our history and it wasn't on the only LC history paper thats been done already.Why would you choose to ignore what is pretty much a guaranteed question?
    I reckon that because C na G got a question last year, there's a high chance there'll be a FF one this year. I've also studied the rising, but I'm going absolutely nowhere near the treaty or the war of indepence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭óbriain1988

don't think there's any possibility of hitler not coming up again.... so i'd say everything about himself... church state as well like... civil rights agitation in us section maybe?? ff/anglo relations... no dev last year either like.....
    anyone for the 85/86 election for the case study?.... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Come on the Nazi propaganda question!!:) Im hoping Vatican Council, crises of cold war, GAA, Social and Economic conditions in BRitain/germany, De Valeras pursuit of sov. in 1932-1945, rise of sinn féin etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fantacan

Really really hoping the 1886 elections come up!

No just kiddin, they really suck big portions! GAA all the way and with any luck the home front!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Yeah I hope the Home Front comes up......easiest question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wwwkareemkhbuli

i have the exam papers 4 english and irish and geography and french and maths (hl)
    examcarft
    and i NEED BIOLOGY,
    PHYSICS,
    CHEMISTRY,
    BUSSINESS
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY APPLIED MATHS!
    help!!!!!
    (il do any 4 the above)

Advertisement