Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MA in Sustainable Development

• 23-04-2007 4:43pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys

I'm applying for the above course, due to my interest in the environment. Has anyone here done the course or in the middle of it?

I would appreciate any opinions

T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

A guy I work with is doing it, I'll ask him what he thinks etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭sarahirl

I'm in the undergraduate version of this course Environmental Planning and Management. While I obviously can't comment on the course content, I can comment on the department that runs the course. The department head is a man who has taken on too many jobs. The course is relatively new and certainly for the degree course the lecturers change every year. The department has a real obsession with creating a balance between full time lecturers and part timers who work in the industry. What I've found is that once the lectures get going they are great as the practical knowledge they bring is invaluable. But the organisation has a lot to be desired as we have had one lecturer quit over the Christmas break, have had classes start weeks after they were meant to start. Although this may not be the case with the Masters course, so don't let me scare you. I can get you someones number from last years course if you like.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Hi SarahIrl,

That does worry me a bit...would you have that number?

thanks

T

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grodge

is the course not a Msc???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

sarahirl wrote:
    I'm in the undergraduate version of this course Environmental Planning and Management. While I obviously can't comment on the course content, I can comment on the department that runs the course. The department head is a man who has taken on too many jobs. The course is relatively new and certainly for the degree course the lecturers change every year. The department has a real obsession with creating a balance between full time lecturers and part timers who work in the industry. What I've found is that once the lectures get going they are great as the practical knowledge they bring is invaluable. But the organisation has a lot to be desired as we have had one lecturer quit over the Christmas break, have had classes start weeks after they were meant to start. Although this may not be the case with the Masters course, so don't let me scare you. I can get you someones number from last years course if you like.
    Henk?

• Advertisement
Advertisement