Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info & Results***

• 16-12-2005 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

All show information for all Irish promotions to be kept in here

At the time of writing (April 09), Which Promotion will make their impact in 2009? 88 votes

NWA/FFPW
    0% 0 votes
    IWW
    37% 33 votes
    Northside
    28% 25 votes
    Pro Wrestling Ulster (PWU)
    34% 30 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

All show information and discussion of CPW to be kept here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

All show information and discussion of NWA to be kept here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Next CPW show, tomorrow night, 17th December, Good Council GAA Club, Drimnagh.

Matchs announced:

3CW World Title: Stevie Lynn (C) Vs. The Amazing Insano

"The Celtic Tiger" Blake Norton Vs. Adam Joyce

"Allstar" Anthony Idol Vs. Napalm Hamilton

Joey Cabray Vs. Darragh Galligan

Tickets are Tickets are 10 Euro and can be bought at the door. The venue is located right on the Luas line, at the Suir road stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

IwW have two live shows scheduled for the month of December;
    Dunshaughlin Community Hall
    (Behind the Community College)
    Dunshaughlin Village
    Co. Meath
    Saturday, December 17th
    Bell-Time @ 7:15

Tickets:
    General Admission - €10..(€9 with a Flyer)
    Tickets Available @ The Door

IwW CHARITY EVENT:
    In aid of Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children Crumlin, Dublin.

LUCAN SARSFIELD GAA CLUB,
    Newcastle Road - LUCAN,
    DUBLIN
    Sunday December 18th.
    BELL-TIME: 6.30pm

Tickets:
    General Admission - €10
    Available @ The Door

ALL PROCEEDS FROM THIS WILL GO TO:
    Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children Crumlin, Dublin.
    PLEASE HELP THIS VERY WORTHY CHARITY.

Tickets for both shows are also from...
    Wrestling Mania
    Top Floor,
    St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre
    Dublin 2
    Ph: 01-4053525

IwW would like to thank all the fans who made 2005 such an amazing year. Thank you.

For more information on IwW, log on to our website http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

What time's the show on at? I'm gonna try an make it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CPW-Rep

Show starts at 8pm : Doors open at 7.30pm

Be there Juggalo man, Insano vs. Lynn is gonna rock.

Just after watching Blake Norton on RTE’s “Sattitude” programme this morning. He played a character called “Blake McClure” in skit of the soap “Neighbors”. It was aimed at kids but was quite entertaining. Blake performed very well IMO.
    Anyone else see it?

Results from Celtic Pro Wrestling, 17th December, Drimnagh, before 100 people (Approx).

“The Celtic Tiger” Blake Norton and “Aggressive” Adam Joyce fought to a double DQ
    Alex Breslin beat “The Dunn Deal” David Dunn via tap out

David Long now had an in ring interview with Alex Breslin. Anthony Idol interrupted, and challenged Breslin to a match at the next show. She accepted. Idol delivered his “Idolizer” spin kick to and mockingly pinned Breslin.

Napalm Hamilton defeated “Allstar” Anthony Idol with the “Black Hawk Down”.

Joey Cabray beat Darragh Galligan with his fire mans-carry-into-a-stunner. Joyce and Galligan attacked Cabray after the bell.

Stevie Lynn retained his 3CW World Title against The Amazing Insano when he pinned Insano with a brainbuster.

The show ended with The Emerald fusion attacking Lynn, before Alex Breslin & Joey Cabray entered the fray. Adam Joyce, Darragh Galligan & David Dunn stuck their nose in, before Max Marratello and Napalm Hamilton cleared the ring. The heels began to brawl amongst themselves on the outside, before Amazing Insano suicide dived out onto them. “Santa” Hamilton ended the show by throwing sweets to the crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭IwW News

The following results are from IwW's recent live event, which took place in Dunshauglin, Co Meath on Saturday 17th December, 2005:

1) 'The Heretic' Red Vinny, Vic Viper, Gonzo de Mondo and George McFly drew in a ten-man Battle Royal to determine the #1 Contender for the IwW International Heavyweight Championship.

2) Mad Man Manson def. JC Williams & Super Speedo in a handicap match

3) 'Sugar Free' Brian Roche, Steve Mulligan & Ballymun Bruiser def. 'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero & Team Sexy

4) Vic Viper def. 'The Heretic' Red Vinny, Gonzo de Mondo and George McFly in a fatal-four way to earn a title shot later in the evening

5) Mad Man Manson def. Keego Ward in a New Bedlam Asylum Rules match

6) 'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy def. Vic Viper to retain the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

The following results are from IwW's Charity Show in Lucan Sarsfields GAA Club, Dublin on Sunday 18th December, 2005:

1) Mad Man Manson def. The Ballymun Bruiser

2) 'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero def. 'Sugar Free' Brian Roche

3) Gonzo de Mondo def. JC Williams

4) Ray Rooney, Glam Rock & Rick O'Shea def. Jason Slayer & The Blagger Boys

5) Mad Man Manson & Steve Mulligan def. Team Sexy

6) 'The Heretic' Red Vinny def. Keego Ward

7) 'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy def. George McFly to retain the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

These shows marked the final live events of the year for IwW. At this time Irish Whip Wrestling would like to thank its fans for supporting them through what has been an incredibly successful year for the promotion, and we hope to repay you with an even better 2006 with the return of IwW Whiplash TV, our critically-acclaimed IwW Gym Wars and even more IwW Live Events than ever.

Stay tuned to www.irishwhipwrestling.com over the coming weeks for information on where and when you can see IwW in 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Lump Basher

So that's Fergal Devitt, Gonzo De Mondo & Keego Ward who have all jumped ship from NWA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

Fergal only helped IWW out with two shows,

But the others have jumped ship

IwW hope and would be more than happy to see Fergal return sometime in 2006.

Kicking myself I missed it, but I'm not headin to a show on my lonesome. In the new year I won't miss a show.

I see the the show had some festive spirit, plus free sweets. What more could you ask for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just after watching Blake Norton on RTE’s “Sattitude” programme this morning. He played a character called “Blake McClure” in skit of the soap “Neighbors”. It was aimed at kids but was quite entertaining. Blake performed very well IMO.
    Anyone else see it?

Yup! Haha. I just managed to get the tv on the moment it started, still drunk from the night before. They didn't actually say who he was or anything, did they? He did a good job of it anyway

I was at the Lucan show last night, had a great time. ****in impossible to find the place though! Just about to turn back when we saw the sign for it. Some of the guys there were just takin the piss, but I don't think they made it on camera, so they'll probably just help the atmosphere for the taping

Some great matches as usual, Gonzo de Mondo and JC Williams both impressed me, first time seeing both. Keego and Vinny had a good match, complete with Vinny's trademark "jumping off anything he can" move, this time from the bar counter

SOS's match seemed a bit more solid than usual, but the gob****e running into the ring and the skinny ****s calling the French lad a fat bastard were stupid

Only complaints about the action would maybe be that Keego didn't have any time on the mic, but he made up for it with some of his stuff. Funny guy

Lookin forward to the next year of IwW!

It said on his mike "blake TV" so I guess that counts. I thinks he's meant to be doing something similar with the programme in Febuary.

He should wrestle in that suit sometime, like a clown who forgot his make up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

I was at the Dunshaughlin. The crown started beating up the Viper!

Live Events in January.

NAOMH OLAF GAA SPORTS HALL
    HOLLY AVENUE
    STILLORGAN INDUSTRIAL PARK
    BLACKROCK
    Dublin

SATURDAY 28TH.
    Doors open: 7.15pm, Bell Time 7.30pm

Tickets:
    General Admission - €11

Available @ The Door
    Also from...
    Wrestling Mania
    Top Floor,
    St. Stephens Green Shopping Centre
    Dublin 2
    Ph: 01-4053525

IwW in Kildare:

MOAT THEATRE
    NAAS

KILDARE

SUNDAY, 29TH JANUARY.
    Doors open 6.00pm, Bell Time 6.30pm.

Tickets:
    General Admission - €11

The Moat Theatre Box Office
    phone: 045 883030

Womens Matches with: Jade & Jennidee (UK), Mary McCarthy (Ire) & Portia Perez (Can)

UK Talent: Bubblegum (Eng) & Drew Galloway (Sct)

IwW Stars: IwW Int. Champ Shamus O'Shaunessy, Mad Man Manson, Red Vinny, Vic Viper, Gonzo de Mondo, Bingo Balance and many more...

VENUE LOCATION :
    Naomh Olaf GAA Sports Hall is located on Holly Avenue, Stillorgan Industrial Park, Blackrock, Co. Dublin. On the Luas line it is one stop past the Dundrum shopping Centre

IRISH WHIP WOMEN?

After a massively successful 2005, Irish Whip Wrestling has announced plans to continue to innovate throughout 2006 by introducing the first-ever Women's division in Irish wrestling history.

A leading IwW official had this to say about the move: "We at IwW feel that female competitors from Ireland and around the world have more than enough talent to entertain Irish wrestling fans just as well as their male counterparts.

"There are several female wrestlers training regularly in our IwW Training Gym and IwW is looking to recognise their hard work and undoubted talents. Along with them, we hope to give fans an opportunity to enjoy the best and most beautiful from across the globe to step between the ropes."

The division is scheduled to see its first action in the first IwW shows of 2006, which are set to take place in Naomh Olaf GAA Sports Hall, Blackrock and The Moat Theatre in Naas where the UK's Jade and Jennidee, Canada's Portia Perez along with IwW's own Mary McCarthy will all see action.

For more information on these shows, see the events section of irishwhipwrestling.com and stay tuned to irishwhipwrestling.com for more information on the women's division and more in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭flair4gold

Dan 'The Beast' Severn to NWA Ireland and NWA-UK Hammerlock Wrestling this coming February.

NWA Ireland and NWA-UK Hammerlock Wrestling are pleased to announce that we are currently finalising negotiations and details to bring former NWA World Champion, former UFC World Champion and Hall of Famer and former WWE Star - Dan 'The Beast' Severn to Ireland and the UK in upcoming months. Dan is scheduled to appear on our Live Event and Training Schedules this coming February.

More information will be released soon on www.nwaireland.com and www.hammerlock-wrestling.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Do you have his contact details? It would be cool to have him for an MMA seminar also while he was here.

I presume any avaliability for seminars etc. will be made clear on nwaireland.com. But it appears as though he will be involved with both training and competing with the NWA in the UK and Ireland. Perhaps if your serious enough you could attend a training session if the places are not already gone. As you know he is a well respected grappler with a more than impressive resume. Everyone is gonna want a piece of 'The Beast'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Dan The Best Severn will be on hand at NWA Ireland's upcoming training camp. If your interested in learning from a legend in the grap industry why not check it out.

The big man's progress continues on his tour of the U.S and all the details can now be found at nwaireland.com. Its great to see an NWA lad out there representing NWA Ireland as the countries best promotion and the company are obviously very proud. check it out.

Who will it be? Take your guesses or make your suggestions here. Everyone knows that Severn will bring a unique and formidable style of wrestling to NWA but who will stand up to 'The Beast'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

Wow there is a lot of guys in NWA Ireland who could fill in, but my pick would have to be ... Adam Abz or Paul Tracey

Shooter O'Rourke would have a good match with him I reckon.

I'd say it'd be best if he stuck to tag matches though; that way more NWA stars would get an oppurtunity to wrestle him, and also he would not have to wrestle a lenghtly match on his own, considering he's over 50 and is probably treating this tour as a holiday.

This from celticprowrestling.com:

Celtic Pro Wrestling's Senior Advisor, Lanny Poffo, has made a special announcement regarding Celtic Pro Wrestling's next major show on January 28th in Dublin. The main event for Celtic Pro's next big show in Dublin on January 28th will be "The Celtic Tiger" Blake Norton challenging Stevie Lynn for the 3CW Title.

Lynn has faced Norton once before - they wrestled one year ago in England for 3CW. On that night, Norton made Lynn tap-out to his deadly finishing hold, the Stu Lock. Just weeks later, Lynn won the 3CW Heavyweight Title. If Norton can again secure the Stu Lock on January 28th, a brand new heavyweight champion will be crowned in Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

So will there be a women's title?

I wouldn't call it a holiday considering he will be working also with Andre Baker of NWA U.K. Andre is responsible for the training of both Paul Tracey and Fergal Devitt and has had a hand in training and booking a lot of NWA Ireland talent at their camps. I presume he's tough. Check out the U.K link on nwaireland.com yourself. I wouldnt let his age be a factor either- he's 47 not 50. Check out the-beast.com, i know I wouldn't like to cross paths with him.

Wrestlings a work, his MMA back ground means very little in the squared circle. Just because you wouldn't "like to cross paths with him" dosen't make him a draw.

I assume he's a wealthy man after his UFC and WWE back ground, so he hardly NEEDS this tour, so it seems to me that it will be a paid holiday.

That dosen't mean he won't put on a good performance, but I'm not expecting anything sensational.

Nothing's been announced over on the Irish Whip site or forums just yet. I'm not sure if there will be one for a while. Possibly in the future when the Irish talent improves to a point where they can hold their own against more experienced talent? It'd be great to see this happen.

He's not 47, he's 51. Doubt UFC paid him that much either. Wouldn't mind seein him though

I'd like to see him too. Hope the NWA rolls back to Kildare in Feb.

• Advertisement

Severn is in action in Bray Co. Wicklow on the 19th of February and will be a part of a two day training camp on the 20th and 21st- happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

From the IwW forums:

Irish Whip Wrestling currently have two shows scheduled for the month of February;

Sunday 19th February
    IwW @ BLANCHARDSTOWN:

Verona Football Club,
    Blanchardstown,
    Dublin 15.

Tickets 11 euro.
    Doors 6.00pm, Bell Time 6.30pm
    Sunday 26th February

IwW @ BALLYMUN:

Virgin Mary School Hall,
    Shangan Road,
    Ballymun,

Tickets 11 euro or 8 euro with a Flier.

Doors 6.15, Bell Time 6.30

More shows for February will be announced soon.

Talent for these shows will be announced closer to the date.

Former IwW head referee and current trainee wrestler Rick O'Shea was featured in the most recent edition of 'The Blanch Gazzette', which is available for purchase this week for anyone living in the Dublin 15 area.

In the issue, O'Shea discusses the upcoming show in his hometown of Blanchardstown on Sunday 19th February and the match that he describes as 'the biggest yet in his career', how he got into the business and some of his impressions based on his 18 months in the business.

Stay tuned to www.irishwhipwrestling.com for more news on our upcoming shows.

First Match Details announced for February 19th in Bray, Co. Wicklow.

"Adam Abz has been selected as the man to go one on one with Dan 'The Beast' Severn at our Live Event in Bray, Co. Wicklow on Sunday February 19th.

Also on the card former NWA Ireland Champion Paddy 'Suicide Machine' Morrow will go one on one with former NWA-UK Champion Paul Tracey in a match with No Disqualification and No Countouts.

The NWA Ireland Tag Team Titles will be on the line when Team Mega defending against The Finglas Hooligans in a Tag Team submission Match. The Hooligans have come close in both Ireland and the USA to taking the titles but have lost by pinfall on all occasions. With pinfalls not a factor in this match, can the Hooligans pull off the victory and take the titles. 'Juvenile Delinquent' Keith Loughman will be looking for revenge - the last time the Hooligans fought Team Mega, Loughman ended up in hospital and needed seven staples to close a head would. This will be Keiths first match back since the incident.

Sean 'Maxer' Brennan will take on Phil 'The Thrill' Boyd on the card. The two will compete in a match with traditional British Wrestling rules - the match will consist of six three minute rounds with two pinfalls, two submissions or a knockout required to take the victory. Public warnings will also be in operation in this one.

'The Inve$tment' Ross Browne will also be in Bray. As well as being in action, he will also debut his new interview segment 'Ross' Point'.

All the rest of the NWA Ireland Team will be on hand and more details regarding further matches for this Live Event will be released soon. "
    [Source: nwaireland.com]

Well what do ye think??

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

I'll probably be there since Bray is only a stones throw away for me, seems like a very good line up.

IrishWhipWrestling.com is proud to announce the new Bookings facility available on the website.

Henceforth, any promoter who would like to book an IwW talent or one of our various International stars who are also available for booking through the website can do so easily by simply logging onto http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/bookings.html.

IwW stars such as International Heavyweight Champion, Seamus O'Shaunessy, 'The Heretic' Red Vinny, Vic Viper, Mad Man Manson and Gonzo de Mondo along with any member of the UK roster can easily appear on your show at just the click of a button. Also available are International talent: Vampiro, Sumie Sakai, former WWE Diva Jacqueline, the legendary Ultimo Dragon, Nosawa, 'The American Rockstar' CJ Summers, 'Thee' Drew Galloway and the ever-beautiful April Hunter.

It's that easy ladies and gentleman. If you are running an Independent wrestling show and would like some of the world's top talent to compete on it, then log onto www.irishwhipwrestling.com today!

• Advertisement

IrishWhipWrestling.com recently held their annual year-end Awards. Here were the results for 2005:

MATCH OF THE YEAR: Red Vinny v M-Dogg 20 v Jody Fleisch v Jonny Storm (20/03/05)

Winning by a landslide, the first ever 4-way Donnybrook match takes the Match of the Year category. A match which saw Jody Fleisch come out of a two year retirement to compete alongside two of the greatest crusierweights in world wrestling today, CZW's M-Dogg 20 and British high flyer Jonny Storm. Completing the 4 way was 'The Heretic' Red Vinny who made an incredible impact on the European scene with an eventual pinfall victory. An absolutely unbelievable match with amazing feats of athleticism and skill rarely if ever seen on Irish soil before.

Other nominations in this category included the remarkable Red Vinny v Bubblegum match from Waterford (08/10/05) as seen on episode 20 of Whiplash TV and the excellent 3 way tag match from Gym Wars 3 which pitted eventual winners Mad Man Manson & Irish Dragon against the teams of Red Vinny and Forbes Kelly and The Party Animals.

INTERNATIONAL STAR OF THE YEAR: Darren Burridge.

A consistent fan favourite throughout 2005, Darren Burridge took this category ahead of the likes of AJ Styles and D'Lo Brown. Burridge was head trainer at the IwW training gym during 2005 and both his skills as a showman and a wrestler saw him main event for Irish Whip several times during the year. He had noteable feuds with SOS and Vic Viper, alongside an amazing match with TNA X-Division star Chris Sabin at the March Supershow.

Other international stars to be recognised by the Irish Whip fans included 'Thee' Drew Galloway whose long running feud with Mad Man Manson and Steve Mulligan saw him become a regular on Whiplash TV and at IwW live shows. Also, former IwW heavyweight champion D'Lo Brown who appeared at IwW's D-Day (29/05/05) to take the title from 'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy.

IRISH STAR OF THE YEAR: 'The Heretic' Red Vinny.

An incredible year for the man who hails from Vana'Diel which saw him compete against and gain victories over some of the best talent in profesional wrestling today. Beginning with the amazing Donnybrook 4 way match up at the supershow, Vinny's star rose higher and higher with wins against Jody Fleisch, M-Dogg 20, Bubblegum and Jonny Storm among many others. Not only a star of Whiplash TV, Vinny regularly amazes the fans at Gym Wars with his death defying leaps and is rarely on the losing end in Irish Whip. 2005 also saw him compete for MEW (Main Event Wrestling) in Newcastle, England.

IwW International Heavyweight champion 'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy and Mad Man Manson were also in the running for this award, after a year which saw both climb to the top of the Irish wrestling scene and the chance for them to work with some of the most talented performers ever to appear in the Irish Whip ring.

BREAKOUT STAR OF THE YEAR: Bingo Ballance.

If you haven't seen Bingo Ballance yet, do yourself a favour and get to an Irish Whip show in 2006 where this talented youngster is guaranteed to impress. Debuting in singles competition against Red Vinny in Trabolgan where he took 'The Heretic' to his absolute limit, he has gone on to be a regular on Irish Whip shows across the country. An impressive showing against Mad Man Manson at Gym Wars 8 just proved that this newcomer to Irish Whip isn't afraid of anyone in the IwW locker room and will hope to deliver more of the same hard hitting, innovative action in 2006. He also posesses the incredible inverted shooting star press which he calls the BSP.

Other breakout stars of 2005 included Sean South and the Ballymun Bruiser, two wrestlers from different ends of the wrestling spectrum, both of whom came to prominence during IwW's residence in Trabolgan during the Summer of 2005. These two talented grapplers who can mix it up with the very best in IwW will be looking at 2006 as the year in which they make their presences felt.

SHOW OF THE YEAR: IwW Supershow, SFX Theatre - 20/03/05.

Arguably the best show ever seen in Irish wrestling history, the Supershow launched 2005 as the year of IwW. An incredible card which brought the very best international talent to this country alongside the cream of the Irish wrestling scene. The show which saw Jody Fleisch come out of retirement to compete for IwW as well as Darren Burridge defeating Chris Sabin and a main event which featured two of professional wrestling brightest stars as the 'Phenomenal One' AJ Styles took on Christopher Daniels. The show set up Irish Whip as a major player in European wrestling, attracting interest from around the world as DVD sales of this show saw it viewed in Japan, the US as well as all across Europe and the rest of the world.

Contenders for show of the year included IwW in Waterford (08/10/05), D-Day (29/05/05) as well as Gym Wars 3 & 8.

MOMENT OF THE YEAR: The Debut of Whiplash TV on The Wrestling Channel.

A year which contained so many incredible moments for Irish Whip Wrestling and their fans, you voted for the debut of Whiplash TV as your moment of 2005. The very first Irish wrestling weekly television show was seen in many countries across Western Europe, later being available around the world through the Irish Whip website. The show represented IwW's breakthrough as a force in European wrestling as Irish stars were seen regularly competing with the very best that professional wrestling has to offer. The debut show included matches like Darren Burridge v Sean South, Mad Man Manson v Marty Gore and British Heavyweight Champion Alex Shane putting his title on the line against 'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy.

This category contained the widest variety of nominations which included: Jody Fleisch coming out of retirement, D'Lo Brown's title win over SOS, Dave Zero's scathing promos as well as the 'Eddie' chant at the November TV taping in the SFX.

FAVOURITE WRESTLER OF 2005: 'The Heretic' Red Vinny & Mad Man Manson.

A tie between these two fan favourites will surely lead to trouble between the volatile Manson and the egotistical Heretic. A year which saw Mad Man Manson compete in New Zealand, Australia, the UK and of course Ireland, he went through 2005 unbeaten in Irish Whip feuding with'Thee' Drew Galloway in one of the hottest feuds in IwW history. Red Vinny found himself beginning his year with a four way Donnybook encounter against M-Dogg 20, Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm. This didn't seem to phase the young star as he overcame all the odds to win that match. He then set about beating each man in singles competition, an ambition which he finally realised at the SFX in November as well as managing to find time to screw SOS out of the British Heavyweight Title along the way.

The Irish Whip fans are very vocal in their support for their favourite stars which in 2005 included the ever entertaining Dave Zero, who despite feuding with almost every member of the Irish Whip roster in this year has managed to cement a place in the hearts of IwW fans. A mention also to current IwW champion 'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy who shared the ring with the likes of D'Lo Brown, Raven and Vampiro in 2005, managing to end the year as the man to beat in Irish Whip Wrestling.

For the latest information and news on IwW in 2006, log onto www.irishwhipwrestling.com!

Ross Browne with his own segment, I'm there.

That was a brilliant match. That was my first IwW show, left a very good impression!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CPW-Rep

CELTIC PRO WRESTLING 5: IT’S HAMMER TIME!

Pro-Wrestling Returns to Dublin this Saturday, January 28th

Celtic Pro Wrestling returns to Dublin on Saturday, January 28th, with an action-packed card of professional wrestling! The doors open at 7pm for a new earlier start time of 7:30pm at the Good Counsel GAA Hall in Drimnagh, opposite the Suir Road Luas Stop in Dublin. For directions, visit www.CelticProWrestling.com

Celtic Pro 5: It’s Hammer Time! is headlined by 3CW Champion Stevie Lynn of England to defend his heavyweight championship against “The Celtic Tiger” Blake Norton of Cork, Ireland.

The First Lady of Irish Wrestling, Alex Breslin, seeks revenge against “All Star” Anthony Idol.

Italian wrestling legend Max “The Hammer” Martello has been hard at work preparing Danny Demento for his Celtic Pro Wrestling debut. It will be no easy task as he goes head to head with Celtic Pro’s High-Flier, The Amazing Insano!

In December, Joey Cabray turned back the challenge of Darragh Galligan thanks to the on-again off-again relationship between Galligan and his manager Adam Joyce.

And speaking of Galligan and Joyce, can wrestler and manager co-exist as they team up to take on Cosa Nostra – Napalm Hamilton and Max “The Hammer” Martello, who’ll be making his hugely anticipated return to the ring?

All the action goes down on Saturday, January 28th, at the Good Counsel GAA Club in Dublin 12. Tickets are e10 at the door and also available for advanced bookings on www.CelticProWrestling.com

“The Celtic Tiger” Blake Norton Wins 2006 30-Man “3-For-All”

Taped for DVD before approx. 200 paid fans in the Tower Club in Middlesbrough, England on Saturday night, January 21st. Brief Results:

1) Damned Nation Promo

The group’s front man Gabriel Grey introduced Brother War, Brother Shame, the group’s big acquisition from New Year’s Eve – “Celtic Tiger” Blake Norton – and the surprise new member Majik. The group threatened to take Stevie Lynn’s 3CW Title.

2) 3CW Championship: Stevie Lynn def. Brother War

Stevie Lynn fought uphill against the 300lb Brother War’s tremendous size advantage and hit him with an incredible brainbuster at twelve minutes to retain the title.

3) Six Man Scramble: Pac def. Darkside, Aviv Maayaan, EdEn, Kid Richie and Max Voltage

The victory makes Pac the number one contender to Kid Richie’s 3CW Young Lions Title. The match was an incredible showcase of high-flying moves.

4) 3CW Tag Team Title: Cutting EDGEucation def. The Kraze

Cutting EDGEucation got the win and retained the titles over their popular challengers after a second-rope double-team.

5) 3CW Title Match: Stevie Lynn def. James Tighe

Stevie Lynn made an incredible showing despite pulling double-duty as he defeated one of England’s premier names, James Tighe, with a roll-up to again retain his title.

6) “Celtic Tiger” Blake Norton def. 29 men to win the Rumble

Norton drew number 11 and lasted forty minutes to eliminate Conscience and win the 3-For-All Rumble. All Damned Nation members were involved in this match, making it a team effort. Majik made the time record for the night, entering at number 4 and making it through until being eliminated second-to-last. Norton is now number one contender to Stevie Lynn’s 3CW Title in England.

3CW returns for their second anniversary show on February 24th with an inter-promotional tag match between 3CW’s Ice XVII & Stevie Lynn vs. FWA’s James Tighe & mystery partner.

Joey Cabray & Alex Breslin Heading to Northern Ireland, Germany

Two of Celtic Pro’s most popular stars, Joey Cabray and Alex Breslin venture to Northern Ireland Saturday week to compete for UCW. Their opponents? Each other!

“Joe’s one of my best friends, but it’s always good to remind him who’s boss,” said Miss Breslin with a sly grin.

Joey Cabray debuted in 2004 and has quickly risen to the top while Alex has proven to be one of the top female wrestlers in the world, holding the ACWA Woman’s Championship and the woman’s championship at Dory Funk’s conservatory in Florida.

“Alex isn’t a tough girl, she’s a tough wrestler,” said Joe, a power lifter who enjoys a tremendous size and power advantage. “I’m going to swing her around and batter her, and it’s no easy task! I’m going to be watching out for her arm bar submissions, they’re no joke!”

Cabray is also looking forward to DWA’s “Xplosion” event coming up in Uelzen, Germany, where he will soon be teaming with Craig B.C. against Crazy Johnny Tiger and Tony St. Clair.

Catch Cabray and Breslin this Saturday in Dublin at “Celtic Pro 5: It’s Hammer Time!” as they prepare for their international appearances in the upcoming weeks!

Further information about Celtic Pro Wrestling can be viewed at the company website www.CelticProWrestling.com or contact us via phone at (086) 404-1117

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Some of IWW's top stars will be featured on 98FM's Talkback Dublin show this Thursday evening.

Red Vinnie and Keego Ward will be talking to Tom Brannigan on the weekend's shows, Vinnie's quest to become the IWW International Champion and Keego's rise through the ranks of IWW and much more besides.

Tune in after 10PM to hear all, or log onto www.98fm.ie for webcasting of the show.

Keego and Red Vinny did a great job. Keego is a natural on the mic and Vinny has always cut a good promo.

Really built up thee match well for this Saturday night in Stillorgan. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

The following results are taken from the irishwhipwrestling.com forums;

Saturday 28th January:
    Naomh Olaf GAA Club:

George McFly def. Bam Katrazz.

Mexican tandem tag match: Team Zero (Dave Zero, Blagger Boy 6, Forbes Kelly & Ballymun Bruiser) def. Team South (Sean South, Glam Rock, Rick O'Shea & JC Williams)

Jade def. Jennidee & Portia Perez.

Red Vinny def. Keego Ward, Bingo Ballance & Bubblegum.

Ray Rooney & Mad Man Manson def. Gonzo De Mondo & Pierre Marceau.

SOS def. Drew Galloway.

Sunday 29th January:
    The Moat Theatre, Naas.

Bam Katrazz & Pierre Marceau ended with a no contest.

Mad Man Manson def. Pierre Marceau

Mexican tandem tag match: Team Mulligan (Steve Mulligan, Sean South, Brian Roche, JC Williams & Rick O'Shea) def. Team McFly (Dave Zero, George McFly, Ballymun Bruiser, Blagger Boy 7 & Forbes Kelly)

Gonzo De Mondo def. Ray Rooney

Keego Ward def. Bubblegum, Bingo Ballance & Red Vinny

Jennidee def. Jade & Portia Perez

SOS def. Drew Galloway

How many Blagger Boys are there now?! Does every new trainee get free Blagger Boy overalls?

I believe there has been around 9 Blagger boys but I don't know the official number. They are a mysterious clandestine bunch from which to get information.

In our January shows in Stillorgan and Naas respectively, Drew Galloway tried and failed twice to oust 'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy of the Irish Whip Wrestling International Heavyweight Champion. His apparent inability to do so has yet to deter his efforts as Galloway has once again challenged 'SOS' for IwW's upcoming shows in Blanchardstown and, if neccessary, Ballymun on February 19th and 26th respectively.

This time, however, he has demanded that IwW officials place some sort of stipulation on the contest that many believe will place the odds in Drew's favour. IwW officials have decided to leave the decision with its fanbase, who can now head over the the IrishWhipWrestling.com message board and choose between the following stipulations for the shows:

*Lumberjack Match
    *30-minute Ironman Match
    *Best 2 out of 3 Falls Match
    *Last Man Standing Match
    *Submission Match

Please head on over to http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/forum/ now and cast your vote! (You will need to register at the message board beforehand).

For more information on the Blanchardstown and Ballymun shows, and all IwW news in general, stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement