Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info & Results***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭IwW News

Here is a full list of all IwW events currently scheduled for the month of April and May. Any more events added will be announced right here on boards.ie! Stay tuned.

For full information on each event, check out the individual posts in this thread or stay tuned to the Events section of IrishWhipWrestling.com!

Friday 21st April: IwW @ Mayo - Royal Theatre, Old Westport Rd; 7.15pm
    Saturday 22nd April: IwW @ Swords - Fingallians GAA Club, Dublin; 7.15pm
    Sunday 23rd April: IwW @ Clonmel - Clonmel GAA Centre, Tipperary; 6.30pm

Wednesday 26th April: IwW @ Rathdowney - Rathdowney Community Centre, Laois; 6.30pm
    Thursday 27th April: IwW @ Sligo - MCR Community Centre, Sligo Town; 7.15pm

Sunday 30th April: IwW Gym Wars X - IwW Training Gym, Baldoyle, Dublin; 6.15pm

Saturday 6th May: IwW @ Belfast - The Spectrum Centre, Shankhill Rd; 2.15pm
    Sunday 7th May: IwW WHIPLASH TV TAPING - Laughter Lounge, Dublin; 6.30pm

Saturday 20th May: IwW WHIPLASH TV TAPING - The Forum, Waterford; 6.30pm
    Sunday 21st May: IwW @ Blanchardstown - Verona FC, Dublin; 6.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

IWW is coming to clonmel this sunday. But i have a busy sunday should i drop evrything and go is it worth going to. Haven't seen IWW yet . Need some advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Depends on what you need to drop.

IMO, IWW is generally worth it. Its not that expensive,and you see some good action. I was consideringit myself, but cant make it now due to 'variables'!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Although I am slightly biased, being a trainee with IwW and everything, here are some undeniable facts that I believe make going to an IwW show more than worthwhile:

*It costs what? E10-11? That's at least 1/3 of the price you pay to get a nosebleed seat at a WWE show. It's 12% of what you pay to get a front row one.

*Because it's a smaller venue than The Point, everyone has a good seat and it allows for more interaction and fun between the wrestlers and fans. Any number of IwW fans on this very forum can attest to that.

*It's Irish wrestling! If you're a wrestling fan, give it a try. If you don't like it (and I assure you you will), then at least you didn't blow a ****load of money on it. If you do, you can get into it and start going to more and more shows. At the rate IwW is going so far this year, they'll probably end up doing in excess of 50 shows nationwide! How many of them will you be able to go to in your own locality as opposed to having to go all the way up to Dublin to see SmackDown wrestlers take it easy and earn a paycheque?

*Several of IwW's roster have tried out for the WWE. Champion Seamus O'Shaunessy has been called back and been given another tryout in the meantime and speculation is running rife that we could see him in a WWE ring sooner rather than later. Obviously Fit Finlay and Ricky Steamboat see something in IwW, that's credibility right there.

*Don't believe me that IwW is good? Check it out for yourself on our own 'Whiplash TV' show. The last episode of Series One contains two bonafide match of the year contenders (in wrestling, not just IwW) with Red Vinny/Bubblegum and Vic Viper/Jay Phoenix (crowd reactions are amazing). You can download that very episode by following the below URL:

http://www.irishwhipwrestling.com/whiplashtv.html

I defy any non-biased fanto argue with the above points.

Hope you can make it and if you do, enjoy the show and post back with some thoughts after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Are IWW repeating their Supershow from last year? I thought that was gonna be an annual thing where they brought in major US indy stars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

castagnoli wrote:
    Are IWW repeating their Supershow from last year? I thought that was gonna be an annual thing where they brought in major US indy stars

Dunno about that dude, nothing announced over on the Irish Whip boards yet. Chad Collyer is over for the Waterford show in May and I'd say there'll be a few other big names along for the rest of the year.

As far as another superhow goes though, I don't have a clue.

Chad Collyer! Seriously! That might just be worth going to so

Yep, no kidding - he will be appearing at the show in Waterford!

From the IwW forum;
    'Whiplash TV' in Waterford City:

Studio 2,
    The Forum,
    Waterford City,
    Waterford.

Tickets: €11
    Available @ The Door.

Doors Open: 6pm
    Bell-Time: 6.30pm
    Saturday 20th May 2006..

Stars Include:
    Chad Collyer (ROH/USA)
    SOS (Ireland)
    Chris Andrews (England)
    Red Vinny (Ireland)
    UK Kid (England)
    Mad Man manson (Ireland)
    Keego Ward (Ireland)
    Drew Galloway (Scotland)
    Pierre Marceaux (France) ....Plus many More

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd definitely tell anyone to check it out at least. I think it's great for an evenings entertainment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭flair4gold

...'The Investment' Ross Browne has agreed to have a regular input in the form of a blog on the site every week, voicing his opinions and what not. It is not obvious as yet wether this will be shoot or worked but it certainly is a bonus to NWA Ireland fans either way. The first blog is meant to be very soon. There is no word wether or not NWA Ireland have agreed to this but either way it would be silly to step in the way! Ross is often considered one of if not THE best mic workers in Ireland. This looks very promising!

• Advertisement

Collyer just seems the most unlikely guy to ever turn up in Waterford. Great wrestler though, very underrated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

He's not just the best mic worker, he's the best worker. PERIOD!

leggo wrote:
    Just d/l that, IwW should serously invest in some barricades. Keep them little bastards back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I have to say though, it was a truly special moment to see Bubblegum getting swamped by almost every young fan in there. It felt like I was watching a live Rocky movie, haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭donkey 2002

NWA IRELAND WIRED: will be filmed on Sunday 23 of April for the Wired show it is not known as of yet weather highlights of Wired will be on www.nwaireland.com or if it will be the full show but it will be known real soon so keep your eyes wide open

Wired Results for Sunday April 23rd

In yet another sold- out show live from the NWA Ireland training facility, Nwa Ireland fans were once again treated to some top class action from Irelands top wrestling promotion.

The show kicked off with the first ever Regency Society Tea Party with special guests The Masterclass. While Phil 'The Thrill' Boyd was confident that his challenge to Team Mega would go unanswered, Team Mega interrupted the segment and Danny Butler accepted the challenge.

In singles action, AJ Havok continued his winning streak with a win over LA Warren of The Regulaters.

In six man tag team action the team of Aguila II, Del PC and Heavy D got a shock win over The Regency Society. The Regency Society made a formal complaint post- match that the illegal man had been pinned. NWA Ireland is currently reviewing the taped footage and will address the complaint at a later date.

In a Junior Tournament 4 Way Dance Nigel Foster picked up a victory via submission.

In singles action Manly Manfred Mann picked up a victory over Danny 'The Pain' Domain, winning with an impressive Death Valley Driver to the 260 pound Danny Domain.

In singles action Danny Butler, who was accompanied by his tag team partner Justin Bred notched a decisive win over Phil 'The Thrill' Boyd. Danny, who wrestled much of this match in a soft cast, overcame his injury to answer Phil's challenge and reassert Team Mega's place as one of NWA Irelands hottest tag teams.

In triple threat action for the number one contendership for the NWA Ireland Heavyweight title, former NWA UK Heavyweight Champion Paul Tracey defeated both Paddy 'The Suicide Machine' Morrow and Adam Abz. While the match was billed as a triple threat, a pre match agreement between Abz and Morrow surfaced as both worked together to beat Paul Tracey. But Tracey had the last laugh delivering both his familiar top rope elbow drop and his modified T Bone Suplex to finish off the two former NWA Ireland Heavyweight Champions.

In Tag Team Title Action The Cassidy Brothers just fell short to NWA Irelands numbeer one tag team, The Finglas Hooligans. As typical with all matches assosciated with these two tandoms, this match was knock- down, drag- out action with solid wrestling and some quality high impact action. But experience prevailed and The Finglas Hooligans once again proved why they are the champions.

Finally, in the main event for the NWA Ireland Heavyweight Title Sean 'Maxer' Brennan proved his worth against 'The Investment' Ross Browne in a highly entertaining and hard fought battle. Maxer continues to impress as NWA Irelands MVP and certainly got put to the test tonight by The Investment.

NWA Ireland would like to thank all our fans for their support and hope to bring you more of the same top class action in the near future. For more upcoming live shows stay tuned to nwaireland.com!!!

The following results are from Irish Whip Wrestling's show in the Royal Theatre, Mayo on Friday 21st April:

*'The Insane One' Mad Man Manson def. 'The French Paradox' Pierre Marceau in an 'I Quit Match'

*Bam Katraz def. Blagger Boy #6

*'The Heretic' Red Vinny def. Vic Viper

*JC Williams def. 'The Man With the Golden Can' Ballymun Bruiser

*JC Williams, Red Vinny, Mad Man Manson & Bam Katraz def. Ballymun Bruiser, Vic Viper, Pierre Marceau & Blagger Boy #6

*'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy def. 'Thee' Drew Galloway to retain the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

The following results are from Irish Whip Wrestling's show in Fingallians GAA Club, Swords, Dublin on Saturday 22nd April:

*'The Insane One' Mad Man Manson def. Keego Ward

*Ballymun Bruiser, 'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero & Rick O'Shea def. Irish Dragon, JC Williams & Blaze Bailey

*B&B (Bam Katraz & Bingo Ballance) def. The Blagger Boys

*'The Heretic' Red Vinny def. George McFly & Vic Viper

*'The French Paradox' Pierre Marceau def. Ray Rooney

*'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy def. 'Thee' Drew Galloway in a 2/3 Falls Match to retain the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

The following results are from Irish Whip Wrestling's show in Clonmel GAA Centre, Tipperary, Dublin on Sunday 23rd April:

*'Thee' Drew Galloway def. Vic Viper in an 'I Quit Match'

*Ballymun Bruiser def. Bam Katraz

*'The Heretic' Red Vinny def. Keego Ward

*Mad Man Manson def. Blagger Boy #6

*Red Vinny, Mad Man Manson, Vic Viper & Bam Katraz def. 'Thee' Drew Galloway, Keego Ward, Ballymun Bruiser & Blagger Boy #6

*'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy def. 'The French Paradox' Pierre Marceau to retain the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

For more information and results from this week's tour, stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com!

As with every Irish Whip Wrestling show, IwW's debut at Swords was not short of controversy.

In one of the more significant occurences of the night, a six-man tag-team match pitting Irish Dragon, JC Williams and Blaze Bailey against the team of 'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero, Ballymun Bruiser and Rick O'Shea saw a strange obsession in the mask of Irish Dragon manifest itself in O'Shea.

At the start of the match, O'Shea had some choice words for Dragon, claiming that his mask made him look like more of a "weird, nightlife bug than a Dragon" and that he would make it his night's goal to "de-mask and de-mythologise the legend of the Irish Dragon".

The match itself saw several attempts by the self-proclaimed 'Future of the Industry' to unveil Dragon, all of which ended in vein. However the match would be ended after O'Shea would push Dragon off the top-rope, sending him into a Wicked Dream to allow the Ballymun Bruiser to pick up a tainted victory.

Afterwards, the onslaught continued as O'Shea and his team mates proceeded to lay out JC Williams, Blaze Bailey and even the referee. O'Shea went to once and for all remove Irish Dragon of the mask, and almost succeeded, but was laid out with a quick superkick. Irate, O'Shea proclaimed upon coming to his senses that he would finish the job in front of a 'real crowd' in his hometown of Blanchardstown at the upcoming IwW show there on Sunday 21st May.

The mask of Irish Dragon is considered to be on of his most prized possessions as his true identity has remained a secret from even the IwW locker room since his debut now. It would be a true achievement for O'Shea to remove the mask that has seen action against the likes of Red Vinny, Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm in the past. One would have to imagine that such an event come to pass that the Irish Dragon's career might never be the same again - it may even herald the end of what has been one of the most storied and popular wrestling career's in IwW history.

The challenge has been laid down. Both men are expected to make an appearance in some form at IwW Gym War X. Will Dragon accept O'Shea's challenge? You'll have to make sure that you are at Gym War X to find out.

For the latest IwW news and information, stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com!

IrishWhipWrestling.com is very proud to announce that our own IwW International Heavyweight Champion, 'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy, has been named the Fingal Independent's 'Sportsman of the Month' for March 2006.

Indeed, March was an impressive month for 'SOS', as he continued to prove his worth as IwW Champion with successive title defences against the likes of Vampiro and 'Thee' Drew Galloway. 'SOS' also continued his successes beyond this isle, securing several high-profile places on numerous major British independent wrestling cards - such as Main Event Wrestling (which features none other than Christian Cage in the main event) and Celtic Wrestling (where he will challenge the promotion's champion Chris Recall).

The Fingal Independent has a readership of over 100,000 people and it is a fitting recognition for a man who has not only done IwW, but Ireland proud with yet another fantastic month's work in his effort to put the IwW International Heavyweight Championship alongside pro-wrestling's elite title belts.

For more information on Seamus O'Shaunessy and IwW, stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com!

Congratulations to SOS for that award. He's probably my favourite Irish wrestler to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Just to let you all know

www.nwaireland.com now has an RSS feed for its news section

Nice idea - if you have firefox you can add it as a live bookmark and get links to news stories as they are posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

does anybody know when the wired show will be put up?

as far as I am lead to believe, it will be soon enough

The following results are from Irish Whip Wrestling's show in Rathdowney Community Centre, Laois on April:

*'Thee' Drew Galloway def. Vic Viper in an 'I Quit Match'

*Bam Katrazz def. Blagger Boy #10

*'The Heretic' Red Vinny def. Ballymun Bruiser

*Mad Man Manson def. Rick O'Shea

*Mad Man Manson, Red Vinny, Vic Viper & Bam Katrazz def. 'Thee' Drew Galloway, Ballymun Bruiser, Rick O'Shea & Blagger Boy #10 in an 8-man tag

*'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy def. 'The French Paradox' Pierre Marceau to retain the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

The following results are from Irish Whip Wrestling's show in the MCR Community Centre, Sligo on Thursday 27th April:

*'The Heretic' Red Vinny def. Bam Katrazz & Ballymun Bruiser in a triple-threat

*Vic Viper def. Blagger Boy #11

*Mad Man Manson def. Rick O'Shea

*JC Williams def. 'The French Paradox' Pierre Marceau by disqualification

*Mad Man Manson, Vic Viper & Red Vinny def. Ballymun Bruiser, Pierre Marceau & Rick O'Shea in a 6-man tag

*'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy def. 'Thee' Drew Galloway to retain the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

For more information and results from IwW, stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xtreme_enigma

I wanna learn how to wrestle and to one day become a pro wrestler, but i live in limerick adn iam 17 now............where can i go and is it 2 late to even try????

I need help guys

I wanna learn how to wrestle and to one day become a pro wrestler, but i live in limerick adn iam 17 now............where can i go and is it 2 late to even try????

I need help guys

It all depends on how bad you wanna be a wrestler. NWA Irelands training facility is in Bray Co. Wicklow. You would be required to travel that distance on a Sunday, when they train. But its no big deal if youre serious, lots of the NWA guys are from as far off as Donegal and are said to make the journey every week. As far as it being too late, not by any stretch of the imagination but if you really want it there really is no better place than NWA Ireland...who have produced more internationally recognised and legitimately tough wrestlers than any of their counterparts. see nwaireland.com for training times and what they have to offer and as a bit of advice, do not be mislead by the false promises of any other "training school" in Ireland....the standards are a million miles apart, so you have started in the right place!

Good Luck

4 matches in 2 days for Bruiser, is that a record?!

Same stat applies to Manson, O'Shea, Red Vinny, Viper, Marceau etc!

Haha, I didn't see that! I'm a fan of Bruiser's, had a fair few Dutch last night

• Advertisement

Wired 4, Sunday May 28th: First Matches Announced.

NWA Ireland continues to receive rave reviews for the NWA Ireland 'Wired' series, taped at our training facility in Bray Co. Wicklow. And the success is only set to continue with our hottest show yet, Wired 4, set to be filmed on Sunday May 28th.

In matches scheduled so far NWA Ireland is proud to announce that it will crown it's first ever Junior Champion at Wired 4. In previous shows all Juniors have been scored on a points system structured around their performance in the ring. Points were awarded on the number of victories scored in the duration of the tournament, the number of people each respective competitor eliminated in the tournament and also for performance in matches outside the tournament itself. Thus at Wired 4, NWA Ireland has decided that there will be a triple threat match for the Junior Title between Nigel Foster, Del PC and Aguila II.

Also at Wired 4 making his NWA Ireland debut will be 'Simply Sensational' Sean South. And while South has previous experience between the ropes he has the formidable task of battling former NWA Ireland Heavyweight Champion 'The Suicide Machine' Paddy Morrow.

In a Number One Contenders Match for the Tag Team Titles the heated feud between the Masterclass and Team Mega will come to a head as they compete against each other for the first time at a Wired taping.

The Tag Team Champions will also be on hand at Wired 4 as they team with the winner of the Junior Tournament for some six man tag team match. So on the night it will be The Finglas Hooligans and the Junior Tournament Champion to take on none other than The Regency Society.

And finally NWA Ireland is pleased to announce that there will be a Tradition Rules Match at Wired 4 and it will be for the NWA Ireland Heavyweight Chapionship. Defending champion Sean 'Maxer' Brennan will battle it out with number- one contender Paul Tracey in this match where there are six three minute rounds, with no countouts. This match is best of three falls with pinfall, submission or total knockout being the only means of winning the match.

Also on the night expect to see Heavy D, The Cassidy's, AJ Havok and more in action. Tickets are on sale now from the NWA Ireland training facility and to avoid disappointment we suggest you get your tickets early, as all previous Wired shows have sold out quickly. This show will also be taped for our NWA Ireland Internet Television show.

NWA's Wired is live on the site - as far as I can see it should stream ok

http://www.nwaireland.com/wired.php

IWW GYM WAR X RESULTS AND FALLOUT

The following results are from IwW Gym War X, which took place in IwW's Training Gym in Baldoyle, Dublin on Sunday 30th April:

*Mad Man Manson & Ryan Regan def. Pierre Marceau & Wayne Daly

*Rick O'Shea, 'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero & Blagger Boy #46 def. Double Impact (JC Williams & 'Sugar Free' Brian Roche)

*Vic Viper & 'Twisted Steel' Duke Griffin def. Steve Mulligan & Mickie Magpie

*'The Heretic' Red Vinny def. Irish Dragon

*Ballymun Bruiser def. Bingo Ballance & Bam Katrazz

A Golden Main Event

In one of the most memorable Gym War matches of all-time, the Ballmun Bruiser would escape with the victory in a sensational triple-threat match also involving Bingo Ballance and Bam Katrazz.

Three IwW favourites and some of the most underrated stars on the IwW roster tore the house down in a main event that the Gym War crowd would not forget in a hurry. However instead of showing humility in the face of the biggest win of his career, Bruiser would be quick to rub the victory in the face of his many critics afterwards:

"To all the geeks out there on the net typing away on the closest thing you have to a girlfriend: your keyboard - you've witnessed it. And for those who just read about it: you better believe the hype is real. The Ballymun Bruiser went boozing and bruising through Gym War X.Yeah that long-haired freak and Ballance were tough, but they weren't bruiser proof. I had a few drinks to celebrate me win. Now I'm getting ready to prove meself to the rest of IwW. Bruiser will make you a loser."

Hair vs. Mask

We expected controversy, but we didn't expect this.

At Gym War X, Rick O'Shea explained his reasoning behind his recent dislike towards Irish Dragon and the IwW fans in general: "I appeared in only my second match at a Gym War and damn near broke my neck trying to impress you fans. And yet you boo me and call me 'The Worst Irish Wrestler Ever' and instead cheers the likes of Irish Dragon. Let me tell you this, just because you flip around a wrestling ring doesn't make you a wrestler. Irish Dragon is a wannabe and I will prove it by de-masking and de-mythologising his so-called legend tonight. Because 'The Future is Now. The Future is Rick O'Shea"

Shortly afterwards, O'Shea would get a tainted win when he gave JC Williams a low blow and a Rickter Scale during a 3-on-2 handicap match that saw O'Shea, 'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero and Blagger Boy #46 defeat Williams and his tag-team partner 'Sugar Free' Brian Roche.

Later in the evening, O'Shea would go on to interupt an interview between Irish Dragon and 'The Heretic' Red Vinny - who would face each other later that night (more on that below) and try to unmask Irish Dragon there and then. He was stopped, however, by Vinny and would quickly leave the ring - but not before challenging Dragon to a match whereby if Dragon loses, he would have to lose his mask.

Dragon got on the mic and said that he was sick of hearing O'Shea talk. He accepted the challenge, though with a twist, announcing that if O'Shea lost he would have to shave his head bald - making it a Hair vs. Mask match. Dragon would then silence O'Shea (temporarily) by proclaiming that "The future is now. The future is bald."

The stakes are extremely high for this match. Either the Irish Dragon loses the mask that helped him get to the heights he is currently at today, or Rick O'Shea must be humiliated in front of his hometown crowd by having his head shaved bald.

We expect a rebuttal from the self-proclaimed 'Future of the Industry' (O'Shea) in the near future.

IwW @ Blanchardstown takes place on Sunday 21st May in Verona Football Club.

A Rivalry Resolved with Respect

"There are three winners here tonight: First off, I won the match. Secondly, Irish Dragon - you proved to me that you are indeed the real Irish Dragon with one of the most memorable, hard fought matches of my career. And thirdly, the fans who got to see such a great match."
    - 'The Heretic' Red Vinny, moments after his epic encounter with Irish Dragon

Ever since both graduated from the IwW Training Gym, Red Vinny and Irish Dragon have been unable to keep from crossing each other's paths. Putting on some of the most engrossing and heated contests IwW has ever seen, the two men's rivalry has undoubtedly been one of the most engaging in Irish wrestling history.

This rivalry would seemingly come to a head at Gym War with an amazing, enthralling encounter that saw Vinny scrape out victorious with a Piledriver. Earlier in the night, the two had shown respect for each other during an in-ring interview - and that respect would see its way through to the night's end with one hell of a match. Afterwards, the two would shake hands and embrace in a show of respect rarely seen in professional wrestling nowadays.

"It was a moment that made me proud to be a part of Irish Whip Wrestling," said one senior IwW official. "Rarely in this all to competitive business do you see such strong personalities come together in a show of mutual admiration - but at Gym War X all of the fans in attendance witnessed one for the ages. And that's just the aftermath of the actual match, which is already an IwW Match of the Year contender."

Double Impact come to a Sudden Halt

The short-lived tag-team of 'Sugar Free' Brian Roche and JC Williams (collectively known as 'Double Impact') have seemingly split up after yet another close fought loss at Gym War X.

The two would come out on the losing side of a handicap match against the team of Rick O'Shea, 'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero and Blagger Boy #46.

During the match, it was JC Williams who took the brunt of the beating laid upon him by his outnumbering foes. It would also be Williams who would be the victim of the three-count after O'Shea countered his Ripcurl Driver with a low blow and a Rickter Scale.

Afterwards, the volatile Roche appeared to snap, laying out JC with a barrage of devastating offence.

Both men were unavailable for comment afterwards. We will keep you posted on any late, breaking developments in this story.

IwW Congratulates Latest Training Gym Graduates

IrishWhipWrestling.com would like to wish its sincerest congratulations to the four IwW Training Gym trainees who made their debuts on the show.

Ryan Regan, Wayne Daly, 'Twisted Steel' Duke Griffin and Mickie Magpie all appeared in their first matches and impressed both fans and IwW management alike in the process.

"The IwW Training Gym's primary focus is on developing and nurturing the talent of tomorrow," one senior official said. "With the latest batch of talent graduating from our training gym, we would like to wish them the best of luck with their careers. We have high hopes for each and every one of them."

For more IwW information, news and results, stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

That's very cool, gonna have to check it out when I get a chance.

I am just thinking would people prefer the whole show as a single file - or broken down into different parts?

I wouldn't mind a whole download file, not a fan of the stream, it's a little small.

• Advertisement

NWA Ireland Reporter Shane Kenny recently interviewed Paul Tracey. Check the 'Interviews' section to read what one of NWA Irelands Co-promoters had to say about all the recent happonings at NWA Ireland.

Would I be correct in thinking that an NWA guy was on the Podge and Rodge show Tuesday night? He was eating chillis and wearing an NWA Ireland t-shirt, think he puked off camera too

The Wired video has been increased in size

NWA Ireland heads North !

NWA Ireland will bring Top Irish Professional Wrestling to Co Donegal on Saturday May 27th.

NWA Ireland will hold a Live Event at St Eunans College, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal with a bell time of 3.30pm.

So far announced - Number 1 Contender Paul Tracey takes on NWA Ireland Champion Sean 'Maxer' Brennan. The Cassidy brothers will challenge 'The Finglas Hooligans' for the NWA Ireland Tag Team Titles. Two former NWA Ireland Champions will collide when Paddy 'Suicide Machine' Morrow will go one on one with his old foe Adam Abz. Phil 'The Thrill' Boyd, Team Mega and more top NWA Ireland Stars will be in action and there will be an Over The Top Rope Battle Royal.

Admission is €10 at the door. Doors open at 3pm. Right od admission is reserved and the card is subject to change. Stay tuned to www.nwaireland.com for further information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Fozzy wrote:
    Would I be correct in thinking that an NWA guy was on the Podge and Rodge show Tuesday night? He was eating chillis and wearing an NWA Ireland t-shirt, think he puked off camera too

I believe that was Adam Abz - Podge and Rodge really let rip at him too calling him a fanny head and a brazilian gone wrong! Fair play to him for doing it though!

• Advertisement

The following results are from Irish Whip Wrestling's show in The Spectrum Centre, Belfast on Saturday 6th May, 2006

*Mad Man Manson def. 'The Heretic' Red Vinny

*Bam Katraz def. 'The Ladies Hero' Dave Zero

*Vic Viper def. 'Sugar Free' Brian Roche

*Pac def. Bingo Ballance

*'Thee' Drew Galloway def. George McFly

The following is a match listing for the entire IwW Whiplash TV taping which took place in The Laughter Lounge, Dublin on Sunday 7th May, 2006:

*Pac vs. Bingo Ballance

*Pierre Marceau vs. Vic Viper

*Charlie Rage vs. Seamus O'Shaunessy for the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

*Red Vinny vs. Bingo Ballance

*George McFly vs. Mad Man Manson

*'Thee' Drew Galloway vs. The winner of 'SOS' vs. Charlie Rage for the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

*Pierre Marceau vs. Vic Viper

*Keego Ward (w/Ballymun Bruiser) vs. Mad Man Manson

*Pac vs. Red Vinny

*Pierre Marceau & Keego Ward vs. Mad Man Manson & Vic Viper

*Charlie Rage vs. 'Thee' Drew Galloway vs. Seamus O'Shaunessy for the IwW International Heavyweight Championship

For full results, be sure to tune into the second series of 'IwW Whiplash TV' in the coming weeks on The Wrestling Channel UK - Sky Channel 427. Stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com for the latest Whiplash and IwW news and information!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 CPW-Rep

ENTER THE DRAGON

The Legend of the Irish Dragon continues on May 20th

Celtic Pro Wrestling is proud to announce the card for its return to Dublin city on Saturday May 20th at 7pm at the Good Counsel GAA Club, Dublin 12. The Amazing Insano will defend his Celtic Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Title, Neil Frenzy will make his Dublin debut, and a pioneer of Irish professional wrestling, Irish Dragon, will make his long-awaited return to the ring!

Irish Dragon, who exploded onto the scene with Irish Whip Wrestling in 2004, is one of the original cruiserweights of Irish professional wrestling. He broke out of the pack early on with his incredible athleticism, wowing fans as he clashed with international stars from England ranging from Johnny Storm to Jody Fleisch, and even American stars such as MDogg-20.

This coming May 20th, At Celtic Pro 8: Enter the Dragon, Irish Dragon returns to the ring.

This coming May 20th, two of the legendary figures of Irish professional wrestling clash for the first time ever, as Irish Dragon returns to the ring to face Number 1 Contender to the 3CW Heavyweight Championship, The Hart Dungeon’s “Celtic Tiger” Blake Norton.

Then, in the other half of Celtic Pro 8’s double-main event, The Amazing Insano makes his first defense of the Celtic Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Championship.

Last month, he bested three men in one night to capture the Celtic Pro Championship; but that victory came at a price. With injured ribs, he was dominated by 4-time 3CW champion Dragon Aisu, only to pull off an incredible upset three-count.

Can The Amazing Insano survive another onslaught from his bigger, more experienced opponent? And will Adam Joyce’s J-Team again make their presence felt to ensure Dragon Aisu’s victory? We’ll find out on May 20th!

Full Card for May 20th

Celtic Pro Heavyweight Title

The Amazing Insano © vs. Dragon Aisu

The Return of Irish Dragon

Irish Dragon vs. The Celtic Tiger

No. 1 Contenders Match

Napalm Hamilton vs. “Dirty: David Dunn

Plus!

Danny Demento vs. Neo Dragon

Neil Frenzy vs. Darragh Galligan

All the action goes down at 7pm on May 20th at the Good Counsel GAA Hall opposite the Suir Road Luas Station. Be there live for Celtic Pro Wrestling 8: Enter The Dragon!

Further information about Celtic Pro Wrestling can be viewed at the company website www.CelticProWrestling.com or contact us via phone at (086) 404-1117

That's a bit mad. Title could change hands 3 times in one night, never heard of that happenin before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

If you were at the show, you'd understand but i dont want to spoil it for any whiplash fans so i wont give any results. Was a great show though. Can't wait to see what the show looks like on TV. laughter lounge was a great choice to hold the event. Couldn' say which match was the highlight of the night. Red vinny vs Pac is one to watch though. As is Pierre Marceau & Keego Ward vs. Mad Man Manson & Vic Viper. Also the triple treat at the end too.

?

I believe that was Adam Abz - Podge and Rodge really let rip at him too calling him a fanny head and a brazilian gone wrong! Fair play to him for doing it though!

aye was fupping funny watching his face when he realised the pepper was burning the crap out of him.

incidently - has anyone watched the wired show - opinions? thoughts? quality and size of the video, etc?

Well it was out of focus but it think that was the camera work itself. But as far as steaming vids go, that was pretty good. Very little static, size is alright unless you can make it sharper and i'd stick with a single vid too. Congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

What was the Laughter Lounge like for the show was it big

Laughter Lounge is a great venue for the tapings, lighting and sound in there is excellent and it couldn't be easier to get to from anywhere in Ireland. Really looking forward to the new season on Whiplash on TWC now!

Irish Whip Wrestling is proud to announce its expansion through both live events and media coverage in 2006.

"This is an initiative we have taken to up the amount of shows and simultaneously attract new fans to Irish pro-wrestling," said one IwW spokesperson. "So far this year we have already had 15 shows - a record in that amount of time for an Irish wrestling company and already half of the number we accumulated last year. We hope to not only continue in this trend, but build on it with more and more shows in 2006. Eventually we hope to have in or around the 50 mark, if not more, for shows this year.

"We have also taken the bold step of bringing IwW to regions that had before not played host to wrestling. Already we have held shows in all four corners of the country and they have been very successful shows at that too. We hope to continue to establish and build large fanbases althroughout the country in an effort to promote Irish wrestling as the force to be reckoned with we have believed it is for years now."

To add to that, Irish Whip Wrestling has seen its amount of media coverage almost doubled, most recently with 'SOS' Seamus O'Shaunessy being featured in national and local newspapers such as The Sun, The Star, News of the World, the Sunday Mirror and the Fingal Independent recently - the former four covering O'Shaunessy in the space of three days. IwW has also seen increased recognition on national and international television, for example cameras from RTE and a worldwide documentary on Vampiro were at Gym War X. To add to that, national radio has shown a great deal of interest in IwW - with the likes of Keego Ward, Seamus O'Shaunessy and Rick O'Shea appearing on such stations as 98FM and Phoenix FM over the past few months.

"When you're the best, you attract the best," explained one senior IwW official. "This is just the beginning for Irish Whip Wrestling. We have been promising a national expansion like this to our fans for years now and for those loyal enough to have stuck with us, they are now reaping the benefits with more shows in more areas, further national and international coverage for their favourite wrestlers and much more. And yet this is far from it. We have big plans for the future of IwW and can only promise that if fans stay tuned they are in for one hell of a ride!"

For the latest IwW news and information, stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement