Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info & Results***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Damn that Damned Nation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

You could make it to Scotland by foot in 48 hours love ryan air

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

As for the 50k, that could come a number of ways but that's something to sort before you even get started on the wrestling aspect. You could even do a consortium of 5 guys investing 10k each, that way you'd split responsibilities 5 ways and your time wouldn't be so drained. As long as the responsibilities of each investor were made clear before going full steam ahead and someone was made head honcho of seeing everything going smoothly.

You cannot be serious! Where in the blue hell are you going to find 5 people to invest €10k each? Particularly in the current financial climate? If I had a free €10k lying around, an Irish wrestling promotion is the last thing I would invest it in. I would have less risk investing in collective funds at the moment - at least you could say with a degree of certainty that your portfolio would increase in value within the next 5 years. But a €10k, 20% stake in an Irish wrestling promotion? No degree of certainty there when it comes to making a profit. I'm not even sure there's much of a market at all for wrestling in Ireland outside of WWE. Look at 1pw in th UK (where there's more of a market for wrestling) as an example of what can happen and that was when times were good!

It's one thing to say i'll get €10k here or €50k there.... but the practicalities are so much different. You would need to be offering a unique and extremely inovative product to get people to part with that kind of money on it. Like, I mean if you could guarentee a weekly show on an national tv station or something, then you might be in business!

Twas only an example and not one that I said would be my route. I'd fancy that one would quite easily find 4 would be promoters other than yourself, convincing them to part with cash and that the sort of deal is good for them is another thing. Promotions have been sprouting up lately. If all these guys pooled money together you'd have a few quid so it is not an impossible scenario. Wouldn't be for me, but it doesn't stop me using it as an example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Twas only an example and not one that I said would be my route. I'd fancy that one would quite easily find 4 would be promoters other than yourself, convincing them to part with cash and that the sort of deal is good for them is another thing. Promotions have been sprouting up lately. If all these guys pooled money together you'd have a few quid so it is not an impossible scenario. Wouldn't be for me, but it doesn't stop me using it as an example.

If you wanted to have any say in the direction of your new promotion, the last thing you would want to do is have 4 other promoter having a financial stake in your company! You would make more progress with financial backing from the devil!! I've read through some of the ideas you believe will work which the like of leggo (who has been heavily involved in wrestling promotion) disagrees with. How do you expect to get these ideas past 4 promoters who in reality would probably have a similar mindset to leggo? Do you think Vince McMahon was prepared to share creative control with other promoters? From what I can see, he did the exact opposite.

I don't mean to be shooting you down here, Cannibal, and sorry if it comes across like that; but these are the type of things you will really need to think about if you want go into business. I know you said that it's not the route you would necessarily go but either way, raising funds of €50k is not gonna be easy to do.

You would need contracts with defined roles in place for it to work. But I'm not really too fussed about debating the example since I'd never do it personally. I'm just saying that it's possible with compromise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Irish Stunner

GerrySoul wrote: »
    You Basta*d you stole my idea :D

no but seriously i have thought about doing something almost exactly like this
    its just simply..........MONEY

Without a big financial backer or 10-20 very successful shows under your belt to have a good cash supply should something go wrong ya can't do it.

Are you an idot you don t go on the internet teling people your promoting plans . no wonder you didnt draw in tala you don t have a clue what your doing

He didn't tell anyone his promoting plans, he just said he thought about doing it. Not that it would affect him in the least if he did tell people his plans. Worst case scenario, someone steals an idea, but then it's just a case of who implements it better. Promoters have been running side by side with near identical methods for decades.

If he revealed details of business contacts, or rates he gets for different things that would be a different story, but he didn't. He just discussed the merits of an idea and said it would cost too much money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Wacker2009

wow a wrestling page didnt think there was actually wrestling in ireland .

i love wrestling its just the best too bad there are only like 40 people interested in it

He didn't tell anyone his promoting plans, he just said he thought about doing it. Not that it would affect him in the least if he did tell people his plans. Worst case scenario, someone steals an idea, but then it's just a case of who implements it better. Promoters have been running side by side with near identical methods for decades.

If he revealed details of business contacts, or rates he gets for different things that would be a different story, but he didn't. He just discussed the merits of an idea and said it would cost too much money.

ah yeah but when has simon or summers ever been on boards posting like that ans when F.F.P.W Dean comes on he tells you his life story. i mean its obivious he is super hero sean south cause off the way he writes his messages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

ah yeah but when has simon or summers ever been on boards posting like that ans when F.F.P.W Dean comes on he tells you his life story. i mean its obivious he is super hero sean south cause off the way he writes his messages

Isn't Sean South some legend altogether?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Wacker2009

i would use my wrestling company as a way off landering illagal money eg Stolen / Drug money so the c.a.b could not touch it on me that would be the sensible way off running a business. then the controversary around what your doing would attract interest

CJ and Simon are hardly shining examples with the way their fortunes have gone of late. Nothing wrong with friendly debate with potential fans as long as you don't insult them. I personally think it is better to have some interaction than to be a silent wall. So what if he talks of plans. If his plans sound interesting it might even perk up some interest when he puts them into action.

As for Sean South, he's not a promoter nor the offical repsentative of FFPW. He just keeps us up to date and it's appreciated.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Isn't Sean South some legend altogether?

i dunno an irish version off the hurricane aint that impressive but what ever your into yourself i suppose

CJ and Simon are hardly shining examples with the way their fortunes have gone of late. Nothing wrong with friendly debate with potential fans as long as you don't insult them. I personally think it is better to have some interaction than to be a silent wall. So what if he talks of plans. If his plans sound interesting it might even perk up some interest when he puts them into action.

As for Sean South, he's not a promoter nor the offical repsentative of FFPW. He just keeps us up to date and it's appreciated.

so F.F.P.W dean is Sean South I was not sure . I thought F.F.P.W Dean was ffpw s promoter my mistake .

were you at the IPs let down show in tala?

i dunno an irish version off the hurricane aint that impressive but what ever your into yourself i suppose

But The Hurricane wears green too! Y'know, we never did find out who The Hurricane is..... and Sean South has green wrestling gear....... jaysus....

So what's your story anyway? What aspects of Irish Wrestling Interest you? Who, apart from The Hurricane, is your favourite Irish Wrestler?

I was there, and was disappointed about the show being canceled cause there was a good roster set up for the night.

But The Hurricane wears green too! Y'know, we never did find out who The Hurricane is..... and Sean South has green wrestling gear....... jaysus....

So what's your story anyway? What aspects of Irish Wrestling Interest you? Who, apart from The Hurricane, is your favourite Irish Wrestler?

i have been to a few shows and just what i have read here thats all really . whats your story ?

I was there, and was disappointed about the show being canceled cause there was a good roster set up for the night.
    yeah was dissapointing but its not over yet so we will have out day off glory yet

• Advertisement

ah well lads almost time for eastenders wrestling aint the only soap i follow ha ha

i have been to a few shows and just what i have read here thats all really . whats your story ?

No story really, I'm just making conversation is all.

Has anyone actually heard a peep from IwW lately? If they're not doing shows here are their wrestlers going abroad or what?

Has anyone actually heard a peep from IwW lately? If they're not doing shows here are their wrestlers going abroad or what?

with top names like the ballymun bruiser im suprised they aint doing the 02 arena yet

with top names like the ballymun bruiser im suprised they aint doing the 02 arena yet

Don't forget Conor Hurley!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Haha. What's with the hate for Conor Hurley? Never got that. He's a good lad, gimmick always get over no matter what he's told to do and always works hard to improve himself. He's not the most experienced...but what can he do about that except take what he can get? For what it's worth, I was a happy man if I saw my name opposite Hurley on the card. True story. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

There doing a show on july 12th in the green isle hotel,my aunt got me a leflet bout it so thats how i no bout that show

• Advertisement

This just in vince mc mahon has announced next years wrestlemania main event

Conor Hurley Vs Ballymuns own bruiser in a handicapped match this stipulation was picked cause off the mindframe and mental condition off both the competitiors

CJ and Simon are hardly shining examples with the way their fortunes have gone of late. Nothing wrong with friendly debate with potential fans as long as you don't insult them. I personally think it is better to have some interaction than to be a silent wall. So what if he talks of plans. If his plans sound interesting it might even perk up some interest when he puts them into action

Ah but i was at a Northside show in tala bout a month before the ip show and there was a hundred people in the crowd how can two promoters run the same area and one draw 100 and the other only draw 7 its cause one is better than the other

Wacker2009 wrote: »
    i would use my wrestling company as a way off landering illagal money eg Stolen / Drug money so the c.a.b could not touch it on me that would be the sensible way off running a business. then the controversary around what your doing would attract interest

Im suprised some crime figures have not done this already sure dont the mafia run the wrestling scene in japan

Ah but i was at a Northside show in tala bout a month before the ip show and there was a hundred people in the crowd how can two promoters run the same area and one draw 100 and the other only draw 7 its cause one is better than the other

The only reason the drew 100 ppl is cause of marcus j/insano is from tallaght so thats why.

leggo wrote: »
    Haha. What's with the hate for Conor Hurley? Never got that. He's a good lad, gimmick always get over no matter what he's told to do and always works hard to improve himself. He's not the most experienced...but what can he do about that except take what he can get? For what it's worth, I was a happy man if I saw my name opposite Hurley on the card. True story. :)

- He's a crap wrestler
    - He has a pathetic tattoo
    - That quote from the IwW segment online where he said "I'm from Kilkenny, dude"
    - The pathetic slioters he sells at shows
    - I like Captain Rooney so I fully blame Conor for the name "The Hurling Heros"
    - He has a very very unwarranted ego

• Advertisement

Fair enough, I disagree but each their own.

Ego? Where'd that come from out of interest? Knowing the guy a few years...I'm surprised to hear that. Always found him very humble and gracious to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Irish Stunner, it's pretty obvious where this is going.

What with your insults towards Ballymun Bruiser and FFPW Dean amongst others an' all, I'd like to know which bitter wrestler you are/were and why you were obviously kicked out of the company you wrestled for? Posts such as "wow southy your just so great" reek of jealousy and bitterness.

Or is it a coincidence that you sign up on Boards and your first few posts are jabs at certain people/companies in Irish wrestling?

Fair enough, I disagree but each their own.

Ego? Where'd that come from out of interest? Knowing the guy a few years...I'm surprised to hear that. Always found him very humble and gracious to be honest.

pingu_girl will inform you next time she's on. There's not too many wrestlers that annoy me as much as him. And it's not that I'm a Tipp man and he's from Kilkenny. I just can't stand him and the horse he rode in on quite frankly.

Pingu Girl came onto Conor Hurley? :eek:

Pingu Girl has been recently quoted as saying, "Yes, I am trying desperately to become Ireland's top ring rat. I just love the dick" :eek:

I'm joking of course.

It'd be funny if the guys started spreading rumours on the net about fans though.

Pingu Girl has been recently quoted as saying, "Yes, I am trying desperately to become Ireland's top ring rat. I just love the dick" :eek:

I'm joking of course.

It'd be funny if the guys started spreading rumours on the net about fans though.

Jesus I don't think any amount of drink would get her up on that yoke!

Shur you get the ball rolling :)

Haha I think people are looking for any reason to ban me so I'm going to quietly take a back seat out of it. Shame...the 'Pingu Girl'-ism's could have been the next 'Jack Bauer'-ism's...

littleman wrote: »
    The only reason the drew 100 ppl is cause of marcus j/insano is from tallaght so thats why.
    it does not matter whos from where. That is what a good promoter does he uses all the positives he can to put asses in seats so it does not matter how you do it once there is people there sure ffpw run friends and family shows dont they? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FFPW_Dean

sure ffpw run friends and family shows dont they? ? ?

Yes, indeed FFPW do run friends & family shows.
    This is because FFPW is a Training School & Pro Wrestling club and does not promote shows as it's main function.
    Hence the shows are Free of charge because they are run in our gym with little in the way of costs.
    The purpose of these shows is to allow our trainees & memebers the chance to polish their pro wrestling skills in front of a live crowd, and for said live crowd to see the future generation of Irish pro wrestlers developing before thier eyes.

I hope that's the last time I have to explain that, I really dont want to get it tattooed on my face for every ignorant poster who likes to bring it up as some reason to defend their promotion of choice being ragged upon by people on here who actually know what they're talking about. . . . except Gerard C, he's a buffoon! hehe

ScumdogV2 wrote: »
    Irish Stunner, it's pretty obvious where this is going.

What with your insults towards Ballymun Bruiser and FFPW Dean amongst others an' all, I'd like to know which bitter wrestler you are/were and why you were obviously kicked out of the company you wrestled for? Posts such as "wow southy your just so great" reek of jealousy and bitterness.

Or is it a coincidence that you sign up on Boards and your first few posts are jabs at certain people/companies in Irish wrestling?

I just have my opinions from the shows i went to see.
    vic viper is a good wrestler
    cj summers is a good wrestler paddy morrow is a good wrestler i dont think southy and bruiser are good i dont even know who Conor Hurley is I was only joking bout that sorry your so sensitive I better watch what i say in future in case i hurt your feelings . I would not say bruiser or conor hurley or southy would be too hurt about what i said so why are you. unless you are southy conor or bruiser or are you one off there boyfriends and your trying to tell me i hurt your feeling or something? ? ?

Sean South is one of the better wrestlers on the scene I feel and probably one of the busiest in terms of shows performed on.

On top of his solid wrestling, he also has something that most guys in Ireland lack and that's charisma.

He could hold his own with pretty much anyone on the scene and exceed many of them.

• Advertisement

FFPW_Dean wrote: »
    Yes, indeed FFPW do run friends & family shows.
    This is because FFPW is a Training School & Pro Wrestling club and does not promote shows as it's main function.
    Hence the shows are Free of charge because they are run in our gym with little in the way of costs.
    The purpose of these shows is to allow our trainees & memebers the chance to polish their pro wrestling skills in front of a live crowd, and for said live crowd to see the future generation of Irish pro wrestlers developing before thier eyes.

I hope that's the last time I have to explain that, I really dont want to get it tattooed on my face for every ignorant poster who likes to bring it up as some reason to defend their promotion of choice being ragged upon by people on here who actually know what they're talking about. . . . except Gerard C, he's a buffoon! hehe

that post was for little man you dont answer my posts when i ask you questions but thats the second time you answered my post to someone else so can you please butt out off my posts to other people if its not too much trouble to you

Sean South is one of the better wrestlers on the scene I feel and probably one of the busiest in terms of shows performed on.

On top of his solid wrestling, he also has something that most guys in Ireland lack and that's charisma.

He could hold his own with pretty much anyone on the scene and exceed many of them.

well in my opinion i dont think he can or is that good . i think there is lots better than him out there . I just think he has a lot off friends on here that tell him things that aint true thats my opinion and i am intitled to it

Certainly you are entitled to it if you pay your money to see him. I will strongly agree to disagree.

The likes of CJ however I think is an extremely selfish worker. I was watching through the IwW super show DVD recently and the opening match was him and Dave Zero. Zero went over, but apart from his finishing move the only offence he got in during the whole match was a leg lace. CJ beat him around for an entire match of botched moves for 6 or 7 minutes, not allowing Zero to hit so much as a punch back. Then the finish came out of absolutely nowhere, and not content with that CJ seemingly called him into the ring for an impromptu beat down to get his heat back, to which the ref cut off and sent Zero to the back so the show could move on. It was ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I'm joking of course.

Seirously what the F*ck is your problem. I now understand why everybody hates you.

I have been asked on many occasions to slag the death out of you on this forum by different people posting links which were passed to me and stuff but I declined due to the fact that I do not know you and have had no problems with you.

I must say that your methods of defending Iww in this sticky make IWW look more poorly and pathetic than anything that any of posters have said against the company.

PS. I'm fairly sure im related to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

pingu_girl wrote: »

PS. I'm fairly sure im related to you.

Eh?

Pingu Girl is my father?? :eek:

It was a joke, for chrissakes, calm yourself woman. I've never met you or spoke to you how can I possibly have a personal issue with you? Relax. Let's leave the family feuds off boards for now.

Though if it turns out we are somehow related...then it was probably in poor taste...

it does not matter whos from where. That is what a good promoter does he uses all the positives he can to put asses in seats so it does not matter how you do it once there is people there sure ffpw run friends and family shows dont they? ? ?

It actually does cause of you look back at the days of cpw you had thunder and lighting who were from drimminagh and the crowd was mostly supporting them,once you have some1 from a certain area your going to get a crowd,I dont repensent ffpw,i think any questions about ffpw are been answered by ffpw dean,so why are you askin me about them,when im only a fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm joking of course.

I haven't addressed you for months on this board after your hissy fit of a few months ago. But that comment is way out of line and following it up with "joking of course" doesn't change that one bit. Disgraceful.:mad:

Okay here we go:

If you were bullied in school and are ignorant of the idea that sometimes some people may slag each other without there being any ulterior motive...I'm sorry.

If you have no friends or do not leave the house, thus realising that what I said wasn't THAT big of a deal and is pretty tame in fact...I'm sorry.

If you have never kissed a girl and were offended by a sexual reference in a thread where you came to escape the harsh realities of life and discuss some WRASSLIN'...I'm sorry.

If Pingu Girl was upset by me jokingly suggesting she 'loved the dick', when she may not love the dick, or does not wish her dick-loving traits to be posted for public discussion...I'm sorry.

For those of you who aren't in this little clique of friends who live in the only bubble in the world that would find this joke 'disgraceful', for those of you who saw it as just a light-hearted jab and nothing deserving of having a ridiculous drama (which even saw a Star Wars moment) made of it, for those who got a laugh because they realise that life's too short to spend it having a bug up your arse...you're welcome.

• Advertisement

After all this time posting here, you must find it odd that you are the only one that ever laughs at your "jokes".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement