Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info & Results***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

After all this time posting here, you must find it odd that you are the only one that ever laughs at your "jokes".

Wouldn't say I'm the ONLY one now...

But good comeback by all means!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

leggo wrote: »
    life's too short to spend it having a bug up your arse
    Yup, leggo, it sure is.:pac:

Try practicing what you preach, sunshine.:D
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055551675

facepalm.jpg

Hey man, don't get me wrong. I'd LOVE to be able to go at it, no rules, here and say what we want. That'd be great. Even with your EXTENSIVE research into my private life, I'd still be able to have a lot of fun at people's expense.

But the way things are in the PW forum is if you say anything to the little 'group' of people that hurts their fragile egos, THEY'LL start playing the "Oh you're unprofessional!" card or hiding behind the mods. So I'm gonna play you at your own game.

So, if we ever get the memo that we can go gloves off dude, that's fine by me. I'd gladly meet up with you and let you say what you want if you're that keen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'd gladly meet up with you and let you say what you want if you're that keen.

Round the back of the bikesheds at half three tomorrow?:pac:

Nah man. Bus stop all the way. You just don't get it, do you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

leggo infracted and banned for two months for repeatedly insulting other users in this thread.

Everyone else drop it now please. It's been dealt with, move on. Cheers.

Pingu girl infracted for personal abuse.

If a user has issue with a post, please report it and leave it to the mods to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

Leggo banned:eek: im going to miss him for the next few months hes was quite intertaining i thought. And just a quick message to the mods... he was banned for insulting people........... He was'nt the only one. Have a closer look. same rules most go for everyone. Just my thoughts;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Irish Stunner

littleman wrote: »
    It actually does cause of you look back at the days of cpw you had thunder and lighting who were from drimminagh and the crowd was mostly supporting them,once you have some1 from a certain area your going to get a crowd,I dont repensent ffpw,i think any questions about ffpw are been answered by ffpw dean,so why are you askin me about them,when im only a fan

Ah will you stop please are you telling me if they were to run a show in your local area and say you were on it that they would draw big. tallaght is a big place in case you haven t notied its big enough to be its own county. And as far as i know cpw ran shows in good council long before thunder and lighting came along so stop with this that its only cause the lads are from the area stuff cause in my opinion its just your way off having any excuse ready to throw against a company you don t like. I only used the ffpw show as an example to your riduclous statement that one wrestler sold a hundred seats at a show cause he was from the area if you wanna hide behind ffpw and not answer yourself thats fair enough.

Certainly you are entitled to it if you pay your money to see him. I will strongly agree to disagree.

The likes of CJ however I think is an extremely selfish worker. I was watching through the IwW super show DVD recently and the opening match was him and Dave Zero. Zero went over, but apart from his finishing move the only offence he got in during the whole match was a leg lace. CJ beat him around for an entire match of botched moves for 6 or 7 minutes, not allowing Zero to hit so much as a punch back. Then the finish came out of absolutely nowhere, and not content with that CJ seemingly called him into the ring for an impromptu beat down to get his heat back, to which the ref cut off and sent Zero to the back so the show could move on. It was ridiculous.

Right i do not know who Dave Zero is. How long ago was that supershow ? And fair enough in your opinion hes a selfish guy your intitled to say that but in mine and the stuff i have seen off his i dont agree but we dont have to argue about it.
    You say Sean South is the best around thats your opinion but i would have to say the best around by far (and man am i gonna get slated for this cause its another northside guy) is Thunder Titan and this lad is very young yet he is ten times better than anyone out there and i think sean south would admit that thunder is better unless he has his ten buddies in his ear saying dont mind what irish stunner thinks your the best .

• Advertisement

Okay here we go:

If you were bullied in school and are ignorant of the idea that sometimes some people may slag each other without there being any ulterior motive...I'm sorry.
    behind every joke or mess slaging there is an element off truth :) had to get that one in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Right i do not know who Dave Zero is. How long ago was that supershow ? And fair enough in your opinion hes a selfish guy your intitled to say that but in mine and the stuff i have seen off his i dont agree but we dont have to argue about it.
    You say Sean South is the best around thats your opinion but i would have to say the best around by far (and man am i gonna get slated for this cause its another northside guy) is Thunder Titan and this lad is very young yet he is ten times better than anyone out there and i think sean south would admit that thunder is better unless he has his ten buddies in his ear saying dont mind what irish stunner thinks your the best .

Straight question, do you work for Northside? You constant promoting/ defending of them in this thread and your dissmissal of every other promotion would give the impression that you do.

I have never seen Thunder Titan wrestling in person (only clips on tape) but I would find very hard to imagine that he is a better worker than Sean South, as in my mind Sean South is one of the best workers in the country - the volume of international and Irish bookings he receives back up my opinion to be fair. Just to clarify, I am not one of Sean South's "buddies" either, so my opinion is perfectly impartial.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

Ah will you stop please are you telling me if they were to run a show in your local area and say you were on it that they would draw big. tallaght is a big place in case you haven t notied its big enough to be its own county. And as far as i know cpw ran shows in good council long before thunder and lighting came along so stop with this that its only cause the lads are from the area stuff cause in my opinion its just your way off having any excuse ready to throw against a company you don t like. I only used the ffpw show as an example to your riduclous statement that one wrestler sold a hundred seats at a show cause he was from the area if you wanna hide behind ffpw and not answer yourself thats fair enough.

I do know how big tallaght is cause i work up there so theres your answer to that and with cpw how would you know bout the crowds beofre thunder and lighting and im only wondering and why would i wana hide behind ffpw when ive got nothing to do with them.

This is not me laying into thunder titian but he is a good wrstler but only way hell get booked is through cj cause what happened back in november i dont think hell get booked by any1 else,its only my opinion,im not slaggin the kid,ive already done my layin into anything to do with northside and im leaving it at that on there company.

I do know how big tallaght is cause i work up there so theres your answer to that and with cpw how would you know bout the crowds beofre thunder and lighting and im only wondering and why would i wana hide behind ffpw when ive got nothing to do with them.
    So you still havent answered my question if there was a show on where you are from and you were on it would a hundred people come just to see you ? I was at a cpw show when ciaran and blake norton had a street fight what a **** show but there were about seventy in the crowd. And my point bout how big tala is do you think every one from jobstown knows everyone from kilnamanaghthere miles apart so dont stat with the one wrestler sold out cause it simpy aint true

This is not me laying into thunder titian but he is a good wrstler but only way hell get booked is through cj cause what happened back in november i dont think hell get booked by any1 else,its only my opinion,im not slaggin the kid,ive already done my layin into anything to do with northside and im leaving it at that on there company.
    yeah and he is only like 16 or 17 what he did was not right in peoples eyes but there is two sides to every story i would like to hear thunder and lightings story cause i doubt they woke up the morning off the show and said lets ruin the show but dont think we ever will and a lot changes with time so i don t think he will have problems getting booked in the future.

bottom line is if i had to pick the wrestler to be the most sucessfull in times to come he would be my top pick he is much better by far and if cj is bringing up wrestlers like him people should start wondering where is the best place to get trained i know cj is pricey but as far as i am concerned you pay for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Let's see...

Say you're 2 parents, any sisters or brothers you have, if they are old enough, any kids that they have. Any young cousins that you might have. Friends from your old school, friends from your local sports team that you play on. Your girlfriend and maybe a couple of her friends. A couple of neighbours who might be curious.

You might not get 100 but someone from the local area has a sizeable chunk of people to sell to, and that combined with conventional promotion could get you a hundred.

i know cj is pricey but as far as i am concerned you pay for what you get.

Isn't he in New Jersey all summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

bottom line is if i had to pick the wrestler to be the most sucessfull in times to come he would be my top pick he is much better by far and if cj is bringing up wrestlers like him people should start wondering where is the best place to get trained i know cj is pricey but as far as i am concerned you pay for what you get.

That's a bit of a cloudy statement to be honest. Now I'm not saying whether CJ's training is of a high standard or not, I haven't witnessed it to be able to say. However what I can say is I've seen some great wrestlers come out of woefull training schools and Vice Versa.

Fom what i know and heard yea,he's back stateside alright

• Advertisement

yeah and he is only like 16 or 17 what he did was not right in peoples eyes but there is two sides to every story i would like to hear thunder and lightings story cause i doubt they woke up the morning off the show and said lets ruin the show but dont think we ever will and a lot changes with time so i don t think he will have problems getting booked in the future.

Just wondering,for the money you pay wit cj what do you get as a matter of intrest.

Luas Lane wrote: »
    Leggo banned:eek: im going to miss him for the next few months hes was quite intertaining i thought. And just a quick message to the mods... he was banned for insulting people........... He was'nt the only one. Have a closer look. same rules most go for everyone. Just my thoughts;)

If you have an issue with a mod decision feel free to PM the mods or start a Help Desk thread, do not bring it up in thread, as per charter and boards rules. Cheers

Just wondering,for the money you pay wit cj what do you get as a matter of intrest.
    i dont know according to posts a while back you were accused off joining up and only lasting a day in training is this true out off curiosty i am asking ?? ?
    i would not know what his training consists i built my opinion on how good it was by looking at guys like thunder titan perform he is a brilliant performer

Let's see...

Say you're 2 parents, any sisters or brothers you have, if they are old enough, any kids that they have. Any young cousins that you might have. Friends from your old school, friends from your local sports team that you play on. Your girlfriend and maybe a couple of her friends. A couple of neighbours who might be curious.

You might not get 100 but someone from the local area has a sizeable chunk of people to sell to, and that combined with conventional promotion could get you a hundred.

so you tink one wrestler sold out one show if that was true every promoter would be looking for him to run shows in tala why dont you ask wrestlers on here how many off them get there parents brothers sisters and a few off there curious neighbours to fill shows for them see what they say .

when we went to the northside show cj gives out a number you can text for information on northside wrestlers and show dates . Do you want it so you can text him and ask him where he is instead off persuming he is in jersey and writing things up here on boards that everyone seems to guess about? ? ?

when we went to the northside show cj gives out a number you can text for information on northside wrestlers and show dates . Do you want it so you can text him and ask him where he is instead off persuming he is in jersey and writing things up here on boards that everyone seems to guess about? ? ?

If you look back at a few posts back it says that cj is going back to the states for the summer with marjus j and there ref and that number is his actual number.

i dont know according to posts a while back you were accused off joining up and only lasting a day in training is this true out off curiosty i am asking ?? ?
    i would not know what his training consists i built my opinion on how good it was by looking at guys like thunder titan perform he is a brilliant performer

Ill be honest i did sign up with him but because of work commitments i couldnt train there,so me lastin one day is a lie,is that a fair enough answer for you and the trainin sessions he does is what as he said is what they do in ovw so its a tough workout alrite but nothing you dont get used to.

Ill be honest i did sign up with him but because of work commitments i couldnt train there,so me lastin one day is a lie,is that a fair enough answer for you and the trainin sessions he does is what as he said is what they do in ovw so its a tough workout alrite but nothing you dont get used to.
    how much did you pay for the training and in your opinion was it good training ? ? ?

I just wanted to post this up .
    I realise im not very popular on here and that is because im strong in my beleifs and standing up for them. I realise I was a bit mean to Gerry Soul and things i said to him about his tala show and Gerry i want to apoligise for this i really do and i wish you the best in the future.
    and to every one else on here i do not hold any personal problem with anyone just i am very honest and stand by everything i say sorry if anyone feels personally attacked by me that is not my intentions I like been on here and fighting my case cause i like a good discussion or argument from time to time don t we all :) so sorry if i offended anyone

• Advertisement

Irish Stunner, you still havn't answered my question or even acknowledged it in any way, i'm assuming you just didn't see it.
    Straight question, do you work for Northside? You constant promoting/ defending of them in this thread and your dissmissal of every other promotion would give the impression that you do.
    littleman wrote:
    the trainin sessions he does is what as he said is what they do in ovw so its a tough workout alrite but nothing you dont get used to.

Cj summers has been to OVW? I don't ever recall hearing he worked for them. How would he know what they do in their training sessions?

If you look back at a few posts back it says that cj is going back to the states for the summer with marjus j and there ref and that number is his actual number.
    wel if it is his actual number then that gives people the chance to talk to him direct don t it ? ? ? so why does every one assume things about him instead off asking him like a normal grown up person would do . As far as i know cj is a full time wrestler well thats what i picked up from his bebo page (unlike most irish wrestlers he does not only have a match here and there) . He wants to make one company irelands top promotion so that explains why he keeps his talent exclusive to his promotion (he said this on here) As far as i know he runs seasonal shows over here the spring tour is between march and june and the other is some time later on in the year and during the summer his talent travels abroad. and i know this cause i text the number and asked. . . . . .

sorry just seen your question there . No I dont work for Northside I was just at a couple off shows an ffpw a few cpw a iww and a couple off Northside and i just think Northside is the better promotion.
    I dont mean to promote i just kind off looked into things and gathered information as well as contacting Northside and asking for information . I admit i sound biased but i was one to always route for the underdog and on boards Northside seems to be the underdog . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

I have no issue what so ever with the mods, i was just wondering why one guy was banned for insulting and others were not? Its a fair question. To be honest theres way to much insulting going on on this forum and it looks to me as an outsider looking in that its just guys with notting better to do with their spare time slagging people they probably dont even know. Thats why i just found it weird that Leggo was the only member banned. Just my thoughts.;)

wel if it is his actual number then that gives people the chance to talk to him direct don t it ? ? ? so why does every one assume things about him instead off asking him like a normal grown up person would do . As far as i know cj is a full time wrestler well thats what i picked up from his bebo page (unlike most irish wrestlers he does not only have a match here and there) . He wants to make one company irelands top promotion so that explains why he keeps his talent exclusive to his promotion (he said this on here) As far as i know he runs seasonal shows over here the spring tour is between march and june and the other is some time later on in the year and during the summer his talent travels abroad. and i know this cause i text the number and asked. . . . . .

Well so is sean south a full time wrestler if you look at what hes done,but with cj once he goes away northside closes down until next march or sometime which means the wrestlers he has signed with him cant wrestle anywere else unless he gets them booked but dont take me up on that cause im not 100 per cent sure on that one,unless cj comes on here and explains but thats not for me to say on either and on the price i paid for training with ck i paid 240 which is what beginners pay but what i found out bout ffpw from ppl i drink with who train there that its only 15 euro per session and if youve been to a friends and family show you'll no what there gym is like.

Well so is sean south a full time wrestler if you look at what hes done,but with cj once he goes away northside closes down until next march or sometime which means the wrestlers he has signed with him cant wrestle anywere else unless he gets them booked but dont take me up on that cause im not 100 per cent sure on that one,unless cj comes on here and explains but thats not for me to say on either and on the price i paid for training with ck i paid 240 which is what beginners pay but what i found out bout ffpw from ppl i drink with who train there that its only 15 euro per session and if youve been to a friends and family show you'll no what there gym is like.

Sean South was on here saying he just got his first coaching so i would say he is still in college and not wrestling full time prob gets booked alot but is not doing it for a living.
    there you go again assuming saying your not a hundred percent sure if your that interested you have the number ring and ask him. Whywould he come on and explain he advertises here if you go to the shows you get more than enough info try leaving your computer for a while in your free time you will be suprised what you find out.
    so you paid 240 and quit cause off work commintents i think thats just a cop out if sean south can go to college wrestle full time as you say it and find time to train lads then you could off found time to work and train.
    And my point exactly whats more professional a qualified trainer or people you drink with ? ? ? I know in my case i would be questioning training thats only 15 euro a session as ffpw sees they have big rent to pay so take anyone in weather they have an interest or not to pay the bills thats my opinion. I think Cjs price is so high cause he want the people who are really interested and not just people who will waste his time .

• Advertisement

Luas Lane wrote: »
    I have no issue what so ever with the mods, i was just wondering why one guy was banned for insulting and others were not? Its a fair question. To be honest theres way to much insulting going on on this forum and it looks to me as an outsider looking in that its just guys with notting better to do with their spare time slagging people they probably dont even know. Thats why i just found it weird that Leggo was the only member banned. Just my thoughts.;)

PM the mods or start a Help Desk thread. End of discussion. Do not derail this thread any further with this line of conversation.

I have never seen Thunder Titan wrestling in person (only clips on tape) but I would find very hard to imagine that he is a better worker than Sean South, as in my mind Sean South is one of the best workers in the country - the volume of international and Irish bookings he receives back up my opinion to be fair. Just to clarify, I am not one of Sean South's "buddies" either, so my opinion is perfectly impartial.

I do not work for northside and have nothing to do with northside just a supporter off them.
    In your opinion sean south is the best in mine thunder titan is you should maybe go see Titan live and see what you think cause you only get half the experience on the video clips.
    you have your opinion i have mine so we agree to disagree no need to be at each other all the time about it

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FFPW_Dean

I know in my case i would be questioning training thats only 15 euro a session as ffpw sees they have big rent to pay so take anyone in weather they have an interest or not to pay the bills thats my opinion. I think Cjs price is so high cause he want the people who are really interested and not just people who will waste his time .

1. Training costs this much because FFPW has defied inflation, training costs the same now as it did when Paul Tracey & Fergal Devitt opened the NWA Ireland facility (which was the forerunner to the FFPW gym) all those years ago.

2. This price is easily in line with the rent of the FFPW facility because we have plenty of members who attend training regularly, we have a large gym which can accomodate all of them training at once as well.

3. I believe the training price that cj summers offers is in line with the type of tuition you would be offered in america, a large lump sum so that even if you dont come back, the school still has your money. Not slaggin off summers here, just that's the way the american pricing scheme comes off to me.

4. At FFPW, your first training session is free of charge as a trial period. So if you quit after one week because wrestling isn't for you, you're not out of pocket. Therefore your argument that we'll take anyone in regardless of interest just to pay bills is null and void.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

News:
    • Fergal Devitt is flying back to Japan today to resume active duty for NJPW after his time at home between tours. Devitt narrowly lost out in the final of the annual Best of Super Junior tournament to Koji Kanemoto recently. This was a large step for Devitt as he missed out on the 2007 & 2008 BOSJ through injury. We at FFPW are extremely proud of Devitt and hope that he continues to make us, and Ireland's wrestling scene extremely proud.
    • We would like to extend our congratulations to Sheamus O'Shaunessy for recently debuting on WWE's 'ECW' brand. We hope Sheamus can do well and spread awareness of the Irish wrestling scene globally in the same way Fergal Devitt has done in the past.
    • Sean 'Maxer' Brennan & Paul Tracey will be competing for Sports Entertainment Wrestling this Friday & Saturday in Portadown, Northern Ireland. We wish them the best of luck.
    • Training takes place on Sunday, 12pm until 6pm, €15 for the session. Hope to see some of you there.

Sean South was on here saying he just got his first coaching so i would say he is still in college and not wrestling full time prob gets booked alot but is not doing it for a living.

How is the fact that he's not doing it for a living relevant? The guy (along with a few others on the irish scene) is still getting regular bookings, as many as CJ Summers gets (if not more).
    there you go again assuming saying your not a hundred percent sure if your that interested you have the number ring and ask him. Whywould he come on and explain he advertises here if you go to the shows you get more than enough info try leaving your computer for a while in your free time you will be suprised what you find out.

Northside is CJ's promotion: therefore the responsibility is on him (or one of his representatives) to answer questions here, rather than the responsibility being on any of us to direct questions in a format that suits him better than this forum!
    I know in my case i would be questioning training thats only 15 euro a session as ffpw sees they have big rent to pay so take anyone in weather they have an interest or not to pay the bills thats my opinion. I think Cjs price is so high cause he want the people who are really interested and not just people who will waste his time.

Why would you question ffpw's training on the basis that it costs €15? Have you trained with them or something? You really ought to look into the facts before making a statement like that! Ffpw was set up by Fergal Devitt and Paul Tracey and has produced the likes of Sean Maxer Brennan, Paddy Morrow, Justin Shape to name but a few. From what I know of them, these guys still attend regularly and Fergal Devitt conducts training whenever he's back from Japan. Ffpw have been operating in the same facility for a number of years and therefore appear perfectly capable of covering their overheads. I would imagine that if Northside charged €15 per week to trainees, they too would be able to cover their overheads! You see what i'm getting at...
    In your opinion sean south is the best in mine thunder titan is you should maybe go see Titan live and see what you think cause you only get half the experience on the video clips.

I didn't say that Sout was the best, I said I thought he was one of the better workers in Ireland, which is shown by the number of bookings he gets and that I would find it hard to imagine that a guy who has worked a handful of matches this year could be a better worker.

Cj is at it fifteen years aint he is that not more booking than the rest. And no offence to cj but he aint in great shape so wrestling ability is what he must get booked on

I am not answering northside questions just giving my opinion all i said was if you were that interested in finding out answers i have the number i got at the show give it a ring and you will get the information you require

Paddy Morrow is the only ffpw wrestler i have seen and have been impressed with. Fergal is a household name so i can assume he is what you say he the rest i don t think are that good . And my assumptuion on the 15 euro training is that you pay for what you get thats what i was always thought.

as i said in your opinion its south in mine its titan im going to ask you once again can we not just agree to disagree on this one

these are my answers to you riclus .

and a question to you do you work for ffpw with your constant defending off them i am beginning to think you do .

• Advertisement

[/quote]

3. I believe the training price that cj summers offers is in line with the type of tuition you would be offered in america, a large lump sum so that even if you dont come back, the school still has your money. Not slaggin off summers here, just that's the way the american pricing scheme comes off to me.
    [/quote]
    I just think summers is a business man and thats what wrestling is a business people seem to forget that . At the end off the day its all about making money summers is out straight about this where as other schools are
    [/quote]
    4. At FFPW, your first training session is free of charge as a trial period. So if you quit after one week because wrestling isn't for you, you're not out of pocket. Therefore your argument that we'll take anyone in regardless of interest just to pay bills is null and void.[/quote]

it can take longer than a week to see if someone is interested or not. thats all i have to say im just been caustious hey if ffpw is cheaper and better than why not go there by all means i would just be cautious with my money and remember that you pay for what you get . i would like to ask summers and you dean when do you know your a quailified wrestler ? have you got a course plan or is it the same thing every week ?

Pretty much any competent wrestler in Ireland could be a trainer really as long as they have a head on how to instruct. Some would be better than others of course. You only have to show how to do the fundamentals that every wrestler should know how to do and then after that training really boils down to constant repetition of those fundamentals until the trainee's themselves are competent. Once they can put all those fundamentals together in a coherent match that tells a story unassisted, then they're a wrestler.

The things that make people great wrestlers are picked up over the progress of a career. Some are natural atheletes that take to it like a fish to water and some need a bit of development in front of live crowds before they start to piece their own bigger picture together.

All this "my trainer is better than yours" nonsense is just willy waving really. As long as the guy is a competent wrestler who can instruct, the more important things to look at I feel are the enviroment around the place and what facilities are provided.

One trainer may make you do 100 more hindu squats than the other, or another may focus more on character aspects and psychology but the art of it is the same no matter what and if they know how to teach it, it doesn't really make a difference if it's CJ Summers, Sean South or Bret Hart. At the end of it all, they can only give you a toolset, it's up to yourself to expand upon it and become better.

and a question to you do you work for ffpw with your constant defending off them i am beginning to think you do .

No, I certainly do not, nor do I work for any wrestling promotion. I don't want to give away my anonimity here so i'll be careful with what I say. I have trained with ffpw in the past and I also did training sessions with Summers in the past. I think it's clear from my posts what my opinion on each school is. Just to say also, I havn't been involved in wrestling in a number of years and as a result, I don't have any ties with any promotion. All i'm doing here is giving my unbiased opinion.

1. it can take longer than a week to see if someone is interested or not. thats all i have to say im just been caustious hey if ffpw is cheaper and better than why not go there by all means i would just be cautious with my money and remember that you pay for what you get 2. i would like to ask summers and you dean when do you know your a quailified wrestler ? have you got a course plan or is it the same thing every week ?

1. I didn't say that you find out if someone is interested within a week, but often people will come to training expecting one thing and getting something completely different. The amount of martial artists, athletes, bmx'ers, skateboarders, free runners, and just general people who I have seen that came into a wrestling school expecting it to be a walk in the park only to quit after the first session when their back hurts, their head is spinning, and they feel like they're going to **** their pants at any minute is staggering. That sounds a bit extreme, but it's honestly how I felt after my first few training sessions.
    So therefore for those people, we offer a free first training session. If they think wrestling isn't for them they dont lose money, if they can hack it and continue, they obviously sign up & start paying for quality training.

2. Unfortunately there is no criteria for being a qualified wrestler. Is there criteria for being a qualified actor, football player, or dancer? You can be trained or educated in all of those, but I dont think there is an actual qualification, much like wrestling. In FFPW we train people, we teach them how to do things, when to do them and why to do them, and when management feel they are ready they will be put on shows in order to improve and showcase their skills. I assume there is a similar system in place in most wrestling training facilities, that's certainly the way in every facility I have visited & coached in.

Now seeing as wrestling is subjective to personal taste & opinion a lot of people can get away with passing themselves off as being some sort of trainer when there is no qualification in place at all to say such things, they are merely passing on things which have been taught to them on their travels by others. If you doubt the legitimacy of FFPW based on the fact that our training price doesn't make you starve then my rebuttal comes in the form of the lineage of where our training comes from.

Phil Boyd is our head trainer, he was trained by Paul Tracey & Fergal Devitt (who still assist in coaching in FFPW from time to time), these two were trained by Andre Baker & Gary Steele, Gary Steele was trained by Andre Baker, Steele is also a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion who has clashed with the likes of Shinya Hashimoto, Steve Corino, and wrestled all over the world before his retirement. In addition to this both Tracey & Devitt have spent time in the NJPW LA Dojo, and both have wrestled in Japan.

Another way to look at it is:
    Phil Boyd is our head trainer, he teaches things which were taught to him by Fergal Devitt, Fergal Devitt wrestles for NJPW where he has wrestled and learned from the likes of Jado, Gedo, Tiger Mask, Koji Kanemoto, El Samurai, and Jushin Liger. In addition to this Devitt is a former two time IWGP World Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion.

In the past FFPW guest trainers have included: Andre Baker, Dru Onyx, Johnny Moss, Jon Ryan, Danny Garnell, Rocky Romero, Karl Anderson, and Dan 'The Beast' Severn.

All of this in addition to our regular trainers gives me just cause to say that FFPW can give you probably the best wrestling education in all of Europe.

Which in my view is why our members recieve more high quality international bookings than any other Irish training school, past or present.

Sorry for the rant, but I was on a roll!

FFPW_Dean wrote: »
    1. I didn't say that you find out if someone is interested within a week, but often people will come to training expecting one thing and getting something completely different. The amount of martial artists, athletes, bmx'ers, skateboarders, free runners, and just general people who I have seen that came into a wrestling school expecting it to be a walk in the park only to quit after the first session when their back hurts, their head is spinning, and they feel like they're going to **** their pants at any minute is staggering. That sounds a bit extreme, but it's honestly how I felt after my first few training sessions.
    So therefore for those people, we offer a free first training session. If they think wrestling isn't for them they dont lose money, if they can hack it and continue, they obviously sign up & start paying for quality training.

2. Unfortunately there is no criteria for being a qualified wrestler. Is there criteria for being a qualified actor, football player, or dancer? You can be trained or educated in all of those, but I dont think there is an actual qualification, much like wrestling. In FFPW we train people, we teach them how to do things, when to do them and why to do them, and when management feel they are ready they will be put on shows in order to improve and showcase their skills. I assume there is a similar system in place in most wrestling training facilities, that's certainly the way in every facility I have visited & coached in.

Now seeing as wrestling is subjective to personal taste & opinion a lot of people can get away with passing themselves off as being some sort of trainer when there is no qualification in place at all to say such things, they are merely passing on things which have been taught to them on their travels by others. If you doubt the legitimacy of FFPW based on the fact that our training price doesn't make you starve then my rebuttal comes in the form of the lineage of where our training comes from.

Phil Boyd is our head trainer, he was trained by Paul Tracey & Fergal Devitt (who still assist in coaching in FFPW from time to time), these two were trained by Andre Baker & Gary Steele, Gary Steele was trained by Andre Baker, Steele is also a former NWA World Heavyweight Champion who has clashed with the likes of Shinya Hashimoto, Steve Corino, and wrestled all over the world before his retirement. In addition to this both Tracey & Devitt have spent time in the NJPW LA Dojo, and both have wrestled in Japan.

Another way to look at it is:
    Phil Boyd is our head trainer, he teaches things which were taught to him by Fergal Devitt, Fergal Devitt wrestles for NJPW where he has wrestled and learned from the likes of Jado, Gedo, Tiger Mask, Koji Kanemoto, El Samurai, and Jushin Liger. In addition to this Devitt is a former two time IWGP World Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champion.

In the past FFPW guest trainers have included: Andre Baker, Dru Onyx, Johnny Moss, Jon Ryan, Danny Garnell, Rocky Romero, Karl Anderson, and Dan 'The Beast' Severn.

All of this in addition to our regular trainers gives me just cause to say that FFPW can give you probably the best wrestling education in all of Europe.

Which in my view is why our members recieve more high quality international bookings than any other Irish training school, past or present.

Sorry for the rant, but I was on a roll!
    thats all well and good but i still stand by my opinion that after been to shows all round from ffpw to iww to cpw and to Northside that Northside are the better show and the better wrestlers .

Wrestlers like titan, insano , Lenny Hannah , John Jennings and lightening might not get as many bookings due to there unpopularity but they are certainly the better wrestlers on the Irish scene at the moment in my opinion . They are the Underdogs in irish wrestling and in my opinion will end up making the biggest impact . these lads get frowned apon and given a bad name cause they won t give in and work for other promotions and i think this is wrong .

I appericate the rant you give doe you go into detail and back everything you say up unlike other posters on this board and i respect you for that icon14.gif

Wrestlers like titan, insano , Lenny Hannah , John Jennings and lightening might not get as many bookings due to there unpopularity but they are certainly the better wrestlers on the Irish scene at the moment in my opinion . They are the Underdogs in irish wrestling and in my opinion will end up making the biggest impact . these lads get frowned apon and given a bad name cause they won t give in and work for other promotions and i think this is wrong.

You really think that's why they don't get booked elsewhere? For starters, Thunder and Lightning will be doing well to get booked by anyone other than Summers after what they did in CPW. Regarding the other guys, the problem they will face is that they are working for a relatively unknown promotion who lack contacts in Europe. All of the other promotions have built up lots of connections elsewhere. Just look at the places the iww guys have wrestled for example, it's no coincidence that a lot of them have been booked in the same promotions in England and Wales for example. A lot of the NWA/FFPW guys have been booked in Hammerlock and AWR among other promotions. Experience is a key factor in improving as a worker and the more matches guys get under their belt, the more they are likely to improve. Then, the more a guy improves, the more promotors will want to book him.

Madman Manson is an example of a guy who has gotten a huge amount of bookings, both through iww and on his own. As a result, he has become a household name on the UK indy scene and is improving all the time. The guy is seriously one of the best known guys on the scene over in the UK, just search for him in youtube and see the volume of vids that come up.

You really think that's why they don't get booked elsewhere? For starters, Thunder and Lightning will be doing well to get booked by anyone other than Summers after what they did in CPW. Regarding the other guys, the problem they will face is that they are working for a relatively unknown promotion who lack contacts in Europe. All of the other promotions have built up lots of connections elsewhere. Just look at the places the iww guys have wrestled for example, it's no coincidence that a lot of them have been booked in the same promotions in England and Wales for example. A lot of the NWA/FFPW guys have been booked in Hammerlock and AWR among other promotions. Experience is a key factor in improving as a worker and the more matches guys get under their belt, the more they are likely to improve. Then, the more a guy improves, the more promotors will want to book him.

fair play to mad man manison if he is getting out there thats good for him .

Madman Manson is an example of a guy who has gotten a huge amount of bookings, both through iww and on his own. As a result, he has become a household name on the UK indy scene and is improving all the time. The guy is seriously one of the best known guys on the scene over in the UK, just search for him in youtube and see the volume of vids that come up.

On here people say I.W.W is on its last legs so why should he not branch out.

I thought Northside had connections thats why there lads were working Austria and America ? ?

I think there is two sides to the thunder and lightening story and we wont here there side cause if they came on here and gave it it is obivious who people would side with regaurdless off what they say but anything else you say i agree with just think Northside are good confident workers and they are just biding there time at the min building up all the cheap shot s all the comments and all the negativity thrown there way and will pretty much explode onto the scene and every one here will change there attitude to i was behind them from the start

On here people say I.W.W is on its last legs so why should he not branch out.

I completely agree, fair play to him. Not sure about iww being on its last legs though, think that's just rumour more than anything, but even still the irish scene can only benefit from lads getting experience working abroad.
    I thought Northside had connections thats why there lads were working Austria and America ? ?

In America, they have Summers own promotion, don't think CJ himself even works outside of that. I know nothing of the Austria connection, although fair play to them if they've made one because Austria has a good little scene with guys like Kovac and Chris The Bambi Killer (I think he may be FCW bound though)
    I think there is two sides to the thunder and lightening story and we wont here there side cause if they came on here and gave it it is obivious who people would side with regaurdless off what they say but anything else you say i agree with just think Northside are good confident workers and they are just biding there time at the min building up all the cheap shot s all the comments and all the negativity thrown there way and will pretty much explode onto the scene and every one here will change there attitude to i was behind them from the start

I'm sure there is another side to the story. However, there's no justification for no selling in the middle of a match, cutting an unplanned promo that buries the company and running out of the building with the belts and jumping into a get away car! I don't care what was done on them, you just don't disrespect the business like that.

On Sunday, 5th July Paul Tracey will be hosting a special 2 hour training session of high intensity for advanced pro wrestlers only.

This session will be of the same style as the sessions in the NJPW LA Dojo and are not suitable for beginners or junior roster members.

Regular training will also take place for beginners & juniors while this is taking place, with a trainer for this group to be decided on the day.

Training starts at 12pm on Sunday and concludes at 6pm.
    Anyone who is serious about learning the art & craft of professional wrestling from one of the original and best Pro Wrestling Coaches in this country is strongly advised to attend.

[end communication]

FFPW_Dean wrote: »
    This session will be of the same style as the sessions in the NJPW LA Dojo

Translation: We have too many trainee's, it's time to kill some of them. :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement