Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info & Results***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Irish Stunner

FFPW_Dean wrote: »
    On Sunday, 5th July Paul Tracey will be hosting a special 2 hour training session of high intensity for advanced pro wrestlers only.

This session will be of the same style as the sessions in the NJPW LA Dojo and are not suitable for beginners or junior roster members.

Regular training will also take place for beginners & juniors while this is taking place, with a trainer for this group to be decided on the day.

Training starts at 12pm on Sunday and concludes at 6pm.
    Anyone who is serious about learning the art & craft of professional wrestling from one of the original and best Pro Wrestling Coaches in this country is strongly advised to attend.

[end communication]
    sounds good ,

I completely agree, fair play to him. Not sure about iww being on its last legs though, think that's just rumour more than anything, but even still the irish scene can only benefit from lads getting experience working abroad.

In America, they have Summers own promotion, don't think CJ himself even works outside of that. I know nothing of the Austria connection, although fair play to them if they've made one because Austria has a good little scene with guys like Kovac and Chris The Bambi Killer (I think he may be FCW bound though)

I'm sure there is another side to the story. However, there's no justification for no selling in the middle of a match, cutting an unplanned promo that buries the company and running out of the building with the belts and jumping into a get away car! I don't care what was done on them, you just don't disrespect the business like that.

I have seen videos off cj working in other american promotions.
    I also know that insano has worked Austria a couple off times and just take it that is through cj cause off the whole he tells his wrestlers where to wrestle type thing. glad we agree with something on the madman mansion situation :)
    and on the whole thunder and lightening situation i will just say maybe desperate times call for desperate measures as far as i know Blake Norton gave them there break so maybe they never got on woith new management from the get go and you know how teens are not been able to talk about there problems so all this negative energy built up then the lads finnally exploded its just a classic case off boys will be boys and how does gerry know he will never draw in council again and that the company is finished they never even tried another show he could off used the lads he is using now for the ip shows and kept the ball rolling but he didnt so thats bad on his part to just roll over and die like that cause i feel with good promoting he could off did something but as the first iwp show and all cpw shows it was bad promoting . I was also just wondering who does the promoting is it just the promoter or does he have help ? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FFPW_Dean

is this offer open to any advanced wrestler or just ffpw advanced wrestler in the country ?

This offer is open to ALL Pro wrestlers in Ireland, no matter who they have previously trained under. Each participant will be assessed on a case by case basis to see if they are suitable for the standard of training.

Tomorrow folks, 12pm, be there or be. . . . I dunno somewhere else, your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GerrySoul

I just wanted to post this up .
    I realise im not very popular on here and that is because im strong in my beleifs and standing up for them. I realise I was a bit mean to Gerry Soul and things i said to him about his tala show and Gerry i want to apoligise for this i really do and i wish you the best in the future.
    and to every one else on here i do not hold any personal problem with anyone just i am very honest and stand by everything i say sorry if anyone feels personally attacked by me that is not my intentions I like been on here and fighting my case cause i like a good discussion or argument from time to time don t we all :) so sorry if i offended anyone

Just going over the last few days now.......

Irish Stunner.....think nothing of it.......you have your own opinion as do i and thats cool. your posts are very interesting reading :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

and on the whole thunder and lightening situation i will just say maybe desperate times call for desperate measures as far as i know Blake Norton gave them there break so maybe they never got on woith new management from the get go and you know how teens are not been able to talk about there problems so all this negative energy built up then the lads finnally exploded its just a classic case off boys will be boys

Dude, would you mind using commas or some form punctuation, it would make your posts so much easier to read and interpret!! Anyhow, on the T&L thing, i've already given my opinion and tbh, nothing you can say is going to change it. There's just certain things that you don't do in pro wrestling, that's all I have to say about the matter.
    how does gerry know he will never draw in council again and that the company is finished they never even tried another show he could off used the lads he is using now for the ip shows and kept the ball rolling but he didnt so thats bad on his part to just roll over and die like that cause i feel with good promoting he could off did something but as the first iwp show and all cpw shows it was bad promoting.

This is the first I've heard of Gerry finishing up the company? I don't know Gerry at all (in fact i've never met the guy) but from what I read of his posts here, it appeared that he was going to continue with Irish Promotions. I may have missed a post or 2 though?
    I was also just wondering who does the promoting is it just the promoter or does he have help ? ? ?

It varies from promotion to promotion but generally a promotor would have a street team in place to put up posters and hand out flyers. They may have people in place to contact media sources or may wish to do this themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Rawm2008

SEW Results for the weekend, Portadown town hall

Night 1

Kings of the ring tournament

Quarter finals

Andy Simmons (W) vs JC williams (L)
    Omen (W) vs Sean Maxer (L)
    Silva Bullet (L) vs Bonesaw Mcgraw (W)
    Paul Tracy (W) vs Massacre (L)

Semi finals

Omen (L) vs Andy Simmons (W)
    Bonesaw Mcgraw (W) vs Paul tracy (L)

Finals

Bonesaw Mcgraw (L) vs Andy Simmons (W)

King of the ring winner : Andy Simmons

Night 2

Bonesaw Mcgraw (L) vs Paul tracy (W)
    Sean maxer (L) vs Andy Simmons (W)
    Omen (W) vs Silva Bullet (L)
    Frankie Fever vs Jc Williams (no contest)

Main event an over the top rumble, with Andy simmons the victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FFPW_Dean

Some news from FFPW for the past week:

Paul Tracey & Sean 'Maxer' Brennan were in action for Sports Entertainment Wrestling on both Friday the 3rd & Saturday the 4th of July. Both gave a trememndous accounting of themselves on both shows which were held in Portadown, Northern Ireland.
    Results from both shows can be seen above (with a slight correction, I believe Paul Tracey defeated Bonesaw McGraw on night 2 from other accounts). FFPW would like to congratule SEW on another well attended & well recieved show and look forward to sending Tracey, Brennan & other members of FFPW there in the future.

Congratulations are in order for Fergal 'Prince' Devitt as he recently captured the IWGP Jnr Heavyweight Tag Team Championship with his partner 'Funky Weapon' Ryusuke Taguchi. The duo beat the TNA Combo of the Motor City Machine Guns, Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin. This is Devitt's 3rd reign with this title, having previously held it twice with former partner Minoru. All at FFPW wish Devitt a long & successful reign.

On Sunday 5th Of July the Fight Factory was host to a special workout with Paul Tracey, all who attended were said to have thoroughly enjoyed the session & improvement in the standard of all of those who took part was observed.

This has been your fight factory update, stay classy internet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭IwWInfo

Last weekend IwW provided entertainment for a festival in Ennis, Despite the weather a great day of entertainment was had by all during the 3 shows.

Clare, Ennis,

Show 1

The Supermodel beat Working Class John

Mandrake defeated LA Warren

Show 2

LA Warren pinned Working Class John

#1 Contenders Match

The Supermodel overcame Captain Rooney

Show 3

Mandrake & The Supermodel ended in a DDQ after LA Warren interfered

Mandrake & Working Class John w/ Captain Rooney defeated LA Warren & The Supermodel

zkphk9.jpg2j1lnuv.jpg

Also after many enquiries, IwW are pleased to announce our next training seminars which will be taking place this weekend in Dublin! The training will be taking place over 2 days, the details of which are below.

The special guest trainer for this seminar, will be none other than IwW International Heavyweight Champion Mandrake! Mandrake clearly has a wealth of experience after defeating more former WWE Superstars than any one else in IwW history, and now he is willing to share his knowledge with potential future stars of IwW.

Because of the current economic climate the price for these seminars will be just €20 per day, and this will also include a FREE IwW DVD and also, if wanted, FREE entry into the shows which follow on these days.

Spots are filling up fast so there are limited spaces available for these days, please contact iwwinfo@gmail.com to book & place or for more information.

The training details are as follows:

Saturday, July 11th
    Raheny GAA Club
    2 All Saints Drive
    Raheny,
    Dublin 5
    Training from 4 o'clock to 6 o'clock

Sunday, July 12th
    Green Isle Hotel
    Boot Road @ Newlands Cross

And finally congratulations to two time former IwW champion Sheamus O' Shaunessy who debuted for ECW last week & is having great success over in Austrailia during WWE's tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SWEATHOG

is it just me or do iww only ever post AFTER an event. not much use really. like that kevin thorne tour. never any info til its too late. maybe for the best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Bingo1

Next Month?

Should that be August 11th and 12th at the Green Isle Hotel and Raheny?

Last time I'll copy & paste of a email!sorry!exclamation point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

SWEATHOG wrote: »
    is it just me or do iww only ever post AFTER an event. not much use really. like that kevin thorne tour. never any info til its too late. maybe for the best

Welcome to the forum. :)

We've been all wondering that too for a whillle.

IwWInfo wrote: »
    Last weekend IwW provided entertainment for a festival in Ennis, Despite the weather a great day of entertainment was had by all during the 3 shows.

Clare, Ennis,

Show 1

The Supermodel beat Working Class John

Mandrake defeated LA Warren

Show 2

LA Warren pinned Working Class John

#1 Contenders Match

The Supermodel overcame Captain Rooney

Show 3

Mandrake & The Supermodel ended in a DDQ after LA Warren interfered

Mandrake & Working Class John w/ Captain Rooney defeated LA Warren & The Supermodel

zkphk9.jpg2j1lnuv.jpg

Also after many enquiries, IwW are pleased to announce our next training seminars which will be taking place this weekend in Dublin! The training will be taking place over 2 days, the details of which are below.

The special guest trainer for this seminar, will be none other than IwW International Heavyweight Champion Mandrake! Mandrake clearly has a wealth of experience after defeating more former WWE Superstars than any one else in IwW history, and now he is willing to share his knowledge with potential future stars of IwW.

Because of the current economic climate the price for these seminars will be just €20 per day, and this will also include a FREE IwW DVD and also, if wanted, FREE entry into the shows which follow on these days.

Spots are filling up fast so there are limited spaces available for these days, please contact iwwinfo@gmail.com to book & place or for more information.

The training details are as follows:

Saturday, July 11th
    Raheny GAA Club
    2 All Saints Drive
    Raheny,
    Dublin 5

Sunday, July 12th
    Green Isle Hotel
    Boot Road @ Newlands Cross

And finally congratulations to two time former IwW champion Sheamus O' Shaunessy who debuted for ECW last week & is having great success over in Austrailia during WWE's tour.
    my god those pictures are awful it looks like there is no one there and in the second one the referee looks bigger than the wrestler

GerrySoul wrote: »
    Just going over the last few days now.......

Irish Stunner.....think nothing of it.......you have your own opinion as do i and thats cool. your posts are very interesting reading :D
    thanks i try be open and honest which may make me sound a bit one sided at times but hey i wanna keep the conversation civil. i aint been on myself in a while

Dude, would you mind using commas or some form punctuation, it would make your posts so much easier to read and interpret!! Anyhow, on the T&L thing, i've already given my opinion and tbh, nothing you can say is going to change it. There's just certain things that you don't do in pro wrestling, that's all I have to say about the matter.

This is the first I've heard of Gerry finishing up the company? I don't know Gerry at all (in fact i've never met the guy) but from what I read of his posts here, it appeared that he was going to continue with Irish Promotions. I may have missed a post or 2 though?

It varies from promotion to promotion but generally a promotor would have a street team in place to put up posters and hand out flyers. They may have people in place to contact media sources or may wish to do this themselves.
    sorry bout the writing dudre i am computer illarate sorry i try my best

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

So i take it that IWW are doing a show this Sunday in the Green Isle Hotel? What time does the show start in the evening, where can you get the tickets, And are there any ex WWE guys on it? Im not working so i might head over. Saw IWW once before and they put on a pretty good show that night. Oh wait the Dubs are playing in Croker at 4pm:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I have deleted a few posts from this thread this evening.

This thread is for discussion/promotion of Irish wrestling. Taking advantage of that will be frowned upon heavily. Interact with the community, we welcome and apreciate that, but do not push the line regarding spamming, we do not appreciate that.

Use some sense and respect the community and the platform it has given you. You will do more for your promotion with 5 posts of respectful interaction with users than you will from 50 posts of ***here's what we're doing, aren't we great, come check us out*** stuff and not responding to other people.

This business tip is free, the next ones will cost you, particularly if you don't learn from this one and I have to drive the lesson home.

Cheers folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AWR_OFFICE

orestes wrote: »
    I have deleted a few posts from this thread this evening.

This thread is for discussion/promotion of Irish wrestling. Taking advantage of that will be frowned upon heavily. Interact with the community, we welcome and apreciate that, but do not push the line regarding spamming, we do not appreciate that.

Use some sense and respect the community and the platform it has given you. You will do more for your promotion with 5 posts of respectful interaction with users than you will from 50 posts of ***here's what we're doing, aren't we great, come check us out*** stuff and not responding to other people.

This business tip is free, the next ones will cost you, particularly if you don't learn from this one and I have to drive the lesson home.

Cheers folks :)

Can you tell me why my Luchagors thread was deleted in the first place ? Been very honest guys, I believe this forum is been run into the ground by mods, deleting accounts and users, whos opinions they dont agree with. I may very well end up been "banned" myself just for speaking out, I have been reading posts on this forum for the past while and to see what is happening with moderators on the forum is a disgrace. People been warned because they voice an opinion. I simply posted a reminder about Lita's band the "Luchagors" playing tonight in Dublin and it was deleted. I would have posted it in the Luchagors thread but that also was deleted.
    This Mod also gives out free business tips followed by a threat, WOW ! Do you guys even know what "spamming" is ? Now I know why Irish wrestling promoters dont bother to post here

AWR has been pretty much the only promotion, apart from Gerry Soul, to respond to peoples comments or questions in the past. :confused:

I havent been online since I last posted & was wondering is what Orestes posted about us?

I thought I had posted a while ago about why we didnt post online anymore, I know something was definatly posted in the IwW Forums I just thought people who were asking where just trying to stir stuff & I would really like all of that to stop!

Bottom line we use to advertise in any an all media we could but we found when we posted online venues would be contacted & told lies about us which cost us I think 3 different shows all in the same time frame, when we stopped online advertising the hassle stopped & it didnt cause any noticeable dip in attendance maybe the two are'nt correlated & its just a coincidence but it is a shame we cant advertise as its always good to use every avaliable media forum. We kept putting up results so people would know we are still in business.

When we announced the training we just wanted to use it as a tester to see if anything would happen with the shows after online advertising so far I think nothing has happened which means hopefully we may start using the internet to advertise shows.

Luas Lane Hey Luas there is a show in the Green Isle Hotel @ Newlands Cross this Sunday Doors are at 6pm & show is 6.30pm, we are doing a deal on tickets a "Summer Special" that they cost €10 & can be bought in a shop called Spin in the Mill Centre or on the night on the door, hope you can make it! There are no recent WWE Guys on it but Joel Redman from the UK is flying in

Theres also a show on in Raheny GAA Club, on All Saints Street, that is the same price tickets & doors are at 6.30pm show at 7pm!

Hopefully this wont start any online salgging matchs which I wont bother with but thanks for listening!

• Advertisement

AWR_OFFICE wrote: »
    Can you tell me why my Luchagors thread was deleted in the first place ? Been very honest guys, I believe this forum is been run into the ground by mods, deleting accounts and users, whos opinions they dont agree with. I may very well end up been "banned" myself just for speaking out, I have been reading posts on this forum for the past while and to see what is happening with moderators on the forum is a disgrace. People been warned because they voice an opinion. I simply posted a reminder about Lita's band the "Luchagors" playing tonight in Dublin and it was deleted. I would have posted it in the Luchagors thread but that also was deleted.
    This Mod also gives out free business tips followed by a threat, WOW ! Do you guys even know what "spamming" is ? Now I know why Irish wrestling promoters dont bother to post here

I didn't delete the original Luchagors and as far as I can remember I wasn't even a mod here when it was deleted so I'm afraid I can't answer that question. Regarding your promotion, may I point you towards this post where I made my appreciation for the AWR interaction with fans and their honesty in promotion very clear. Noone has been banned or sacntioned by me as a mod for voicing an opinion, ever, unless that opinion was against the forum charter (eg: personal abuse, spamming, etc).

I deleted the Luchagors post as it was not related to Irish Pro-Wrestling promotion, and as such was off-topic in this thread. I'm sorry if that has annoyed or upset you, but that's the way it is. This thread exists for a specific purpose, not to promote any show that someone feels would be of interest to wrestling fans. It is for the discusiion/promotion of Irish wreslting promotion, it is not to be used to target a market demographic.

Great to see Irish Whip may start advertising their shows in advance again.

BUT I think whoever looks after their fan forum on their web site should be
    kept up to date with what's happening.

Somebody has just asked on there if there was a show in Dublin on July 12th and
    the reply was "No idea but I would ask whoever told you about it, they might know more. All shows are advertised locally and in local press".

Very strange. Sounds like they don't want people to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

Bingo1 wrote: »
    Great to see Irish Whip may start advertising their shows in advance again.

BUT I think whoever looks after their fan forum on their web site should be
    kept up to date with what's happening.

Somebody has just asked on there if there was a show in Dublin on July 12th and
    the reply was "No idea but I would ask whoever told you about it, they might know more. All shows are advertised locally and in local press".

Very strange. Sounds like they don't want people to attend.

When someone asked bout the iww show i have a flyer about the show in the green aisle and i related to them bout the show on sunday but it shows maybe they didnt see it or didnt look for it but nothing i can do,i just passed the info that i had on a flyer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

orestes wrote: »
    I didn't delete the original Luchagors and as far as I can remember I wasn't even a mod here when it was deleted so I'm afraid I can't answer that question.

I'm not here to back seat mod, but seeing as I was mod at the time, it's only fair that AWR_OFFICE got an answer from the authority figure at that particular point in time. After all, no point in shooting the messenger.

From what i remember, there were two original posts, one for the Belfast gig, which I merged into the Dublin one as i didn't feel there was a requirement for two threads for both shows. The thread was then locked because there were several charter violations (some posters acting the muppet despite several deleted posts).

I don't recall ever deleting the thread, just locking it. But as anyone who has ever modded this board, past or present, would tell you that it's a fairly busy job to keep it clean, and deleted/locked threads are ten a penny, as they say.

Hope this clears it up for you.
    SR!

Cheers for clearing that up SR, much appreciated :)

Thanks Bingo1 didnt see that post on our forum PM'd the person now so they know whats happening!

Thanks IWW info im going to try make it over its not that far from me. But will have to watch the dubs match first!;) But should make it in time.

man this thread is gone boring . wonder how the iww show went last nite , will the dublin match be blamed for a poor turn out, or will they say bad promoting, or will it be a success . . . .to find out you will have to tune in, same bat time , same bat thread. . . .

I was'nt at the show last night i got lazy and didnt go. But my mates sister brought her two kids and from what she told her it seemed to be a really good show. She said the kids loved it and the room was pretty much full. Thats all i know im afraid. Im sorry i didnt go now but the chair was SO comfy at the time:p

IwW Results

11/07/09

Dublin

Captain Rooney defeated Bam Katrazz

Zero Gravity Champion LA Warren pinned Working Class John in a non title match

Captain Rooney & Working Class John overcame LA Warren & Bam Katrazz

Mandrake retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship against The Supermodel in a Best 2 out of 3 Falls Match

12/07/09

Dublin

Captain Rooney pinned Conor Hurley

Zero Gravity Champion LA Warren defeated Working Class John in a non title match

Captain Rooney & Working Class John beat LA Warren & Conor Hurley

Mandrake retained his IwW International Heavyweight Championship against The Supermodel in a Best 2 out of 3 Falls Match

IwW returned to Dublin this weekend for a series of shows in Dublin, In the big news from the shows, former ZG Champion Bam Katrazz returned in a losing effort to Justice City's Captain Rooney, Conor Hurley fresh from his unsuccessful title tournament in England also returned to face the Captain, Mandrake retained his title in a series of close 2 out of 3 Falls Matchs against The Supermodel, Im sure this is'nt the last we have seen of The Supermodel in the title picture!

We would also like to thank all the trainees who came to the two day training camp over the weekend, the men were put through their paces by IwW Champion Mandrake. Congratulations to all involved many of who had alot of potential to be future IwW Stars!

• Advertisement

Did anyone from the forum head to the training sessions, or the shows?

Just as an add on to my previous post about IwW advertising online,

One day after I posted up our upcoming shows online a call was made to one of the venues, The person lied to them about IwW & strongly suggested they should cancel our show, thankfully the venue did not believe them & the show went ahead,

Because of this IwW will not be advertising shows online for the forseeable, this is a real shame as it is a media forum we could use to advertise to fans nationwide. If people would like to know about upcoming shows please email iwwinfo@gmail.com to find out if IwW will be in your area. Again apologises but this is something we felt is neccessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

One day after I posted up our upcoming shows online a call was made to one of the venues, The person lied to them about IwW & strongly suggested they should cancel our show, thankfully the venue did not believe them & the show went ahead,

Because of this IwW will not be advertising shows online for the forseeable, this is a real shame as it is a media forum we could use to advertise to fans nationwide. If people would like to know about upcoming shows please email iwwinfo@gmail.com to find out if IwW will be in your area. Again apologises but this is something we felt is neccessary.

That's pretty shocking. Care to name names?

geeky wrote: »
    That's pretty shocking. Care to name names?

Nah theres no point it will only lead to online arguing back & forth(which would be unprofessional) & plus it wont change anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GerrySoul

man this thread is gone boring . wonder how the iww show went last nite , will the dublin match be blamed for a poor turn out, or will they say bad promoting, or will it be a success . . . .to find out you will have to tune in, same bat time , same bat thread. . . .

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

brilliant

:P

I think you are being untruthful, you have not advertised here for a good while then you advertise here once recently. Then you come up with this story that someone tried to cancel your show, Hello this is Irish wrestling your not that important for some one to go out off there way to do that. If you were been professional you would say due to problems we are having not due to the fact someone tried canceling our show. Thats just a sympathy seeking line . Any way bottom line is i dont beleive you, i think this is a made up story so you don t have to make the effort off posting here no more.. ( my opinion i do have to post this up from time to time cause people forget im intitled to it )

IwW Results

11/07/09

Dublin

Captain Rooney defeated Bam Katrazz

Zero Gravity Champion LA Warren pinned Working Class John in a non title match

Captain Rooney & Working Class John overcame LA Warren & Bam Katrazz

12/07/09

Dublin

Captain Rooney pinned Conor Hurley

Zero Gravity Champion LA Warren defeated Working Class John in a non title match

Captain Rooney & Working Class John beat LA Warren & Conor Hurley

IwW returned to Dublin this weekend for a series of shows in Dublin, In the big news from the shows, former ZG Champion Bam Katrazz returned in a losing effort to Justice City's Captain Rooney, Conor Hurley fresh from his unsuccessful title tournament in England also returned to face the Captain, Mandrake retained his title in a series of close 2 out of 3 Falls Matchs against The Supermodel, Im sure this is'nt the last we have seen of The Supermodel in the title picture!

We would also like to thank all the trainees who came to the two day training camp over the weekend, the men were put through their paces by IwW Champion Mandrake. Congratulations to all involved many of who had alot of potential to be future IwW Stars!
    You forgot the attendance ? ? ? what was it ? ? ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I think you are being untruthful, you have not advertised here for a good while then you advertise here once recently. Then you come up with this story that someone tried to cancel your show, Hello this is Irish wrestling your not that important for some one to go out off there way to do that. If you were been professional you would say due to problems we are having not due to the fact someone tried canceling our show. Thats just a sympathy seeking line . Any way bottom line is i dont beleive you, i think this is a made up story so you don t have to make the effort off posting here no more.. ( my opinion i do have to post this up from time to time cause people forget im intitled to it )

I don't post up on here much so it is unlikely that I know you or have met you before, IS, but venues receiving sneaky phone calls in attempts to cancel shows has happened to IwW in the past; as well other promotions overseas find it a problem. These calls are either from people urging venues to drop shows due to some manner of a show being improperly run or from people purporting to be from IwW wishing to cancel a show. In one case last year, a venue actually booked in another promotions show on the same day after a fake cancelation was made; the venue honoured the IwW booking in the end and canceled the other show (But not their booking deposit :D)

It's no great shakes if you don't accept that it happens to be quite honest, in fairness you don't seem too wired into how wrestling work behind the scenes nor do you accept that something like this may happen. There are plenty of ex wrestlers who have passed through Irish Whip who have both a grievance to pull such a stunt and a few embittered individuals who have actually been known to do it; walls have ears, you know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

You forgot the attendance ? ? ? what was it ? ? ?

372,000,826. Would have been more except for the weather;)

• Advertisement

Hamndegger wrote: »
    372,000,826. Would have been more except for the weather;)
    Sorry you misunderstood the question, i asked for the Iww show attendance not the Dublin match attendance :)

Thats cool thats your opinion but its not due to problems we are having its due to a 3rd party thats why I said that, also if we just didnt want to make the effort we wouldnt post up the results after the show (just remembered if you check the IwW Forums we told people we wouldnt be advertising online months ago because of the same reason so it didnt just occur to me to make this up!), In regards to attendance no matter what figure I tell you I think you will just disagree & say I am lying like the way you do not believe what I said about online advertising.

Thats cool thats your opinion but its not due to problems we are having its due to a 3rd party thats why I said that, also if we just didnt want to make the effort we wouldnt post up the results after the show, In regards to attendance no matter what figure I tell you I think you will just disagree & say I am lying like the way you do not believe what I said about online advertising.

Ok, so IwWInfo has gone to the bother of explaining to us all the reason why he is not advertising shows here, and yet Irish Stunner thinks he couldn't be bothered advertising shows here. I'm sorry Irish Stunner, but that just doesn't make sense. It's as much hassle to explain what he has explained as it is to advertise a show here. Also, I would well believe that people have called up venues like that, a fair bit of mudslinging has gone on in Irish Wrestling to say the least.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is why people are making an assumption on here that IwW are in trouble when there has been little or no evidence to suggest they are! To be honest, I wouldn't know either way but I havn't heard/ seen/ read anything that would suggest they are in any sort of trouble.

Looks like we won't be getting the attendence figures for the IWW shows.

Is the recession affecting the turn-out at Irish wrestling shows?

The WWE still seem to sell out but I can't see the AWR selling out this time. I think
    people might be more careful with their money. It's about four years since I've been
    to a Irish based promotion. The one and only UCW show I went to has put me off ever since.

The recent write-ups on IWW in the Sunday Tribune and Dubliner Magazine and the RTE documentary showed that they only had about 50 people each night. Is this the norm?

I can't see how a promotion can make money unless they don't pay the
    Irish wrestlers on the bill. Are the Irish wrestlers happy to wrestle for nothing?

I noticed on the recent IWW results there was only 6 wrestlers on the show and no sign of Joel Redman!

Is the 6 wrestlers a sign of the times or are IWW running out of wrestlers?

*Comments retracted.*

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

So, IwW don't let anyone know they have any shows coming up on the slim possibility that someone may call the venue? Sounds counter productive.

I'd rather have a billion people know and chance 10 of them calling the venue then having no one know and getting an attendence that could have been so much better on the night.

I also doubt that posting show dates on the net has anything to do with someone calling the venue with a grudge, that's just someone with a grudge. Unless you are going to efforts not to advertise at all for fear of a phone call, then people are going to have the information at least some of the time.

• Advertisement

*And again*

Ok, so IwWInfo has gone to the bother of explaining to us all the reason why he is not advertising shows here, and yet Irish Stunner thinks he couldn't be bothered advertising shows here. I'm sorry Irish Stunner, but that just doesn't make sense. It's as much hassle to explain what he has explained as it is to advertise a show here. Also, I would well believe that people have called up venues like that, a fair bit of mudslinging has gone on in Irish Wrestling to say the least.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is why people are making an assumption on here that IwW are in trouble when there has been little or no evidence to suggest they are! To be honest, I wouldn't know either way but I havn't heard/ seen/ read anything that would suggest they are in any sort of trouble.

what im doing is making the same nitt picking comments that was made on here against a company i think didnt deserve it. Comments like why are they doing shows on the southside if there called Northside, why did they use this ! sign in there advertising when they should off used this ? . So if people on here are allowed leave stupid argument comments why aint I ? ? ? ?
    It does not matter if a company gives out its attendance records if your that interested go to the show and see for yourself how many are there . if the crowd is poor it does not mean the quality off wrestling is going to be poor i have seen some terrible shows that have had high attendances . im just doing what every one else does on here make stupid nitt picking comments that don t be revalent or make sence half the time ( my opinion once again just a reminder cause people seem to forget im intitled to it )

So, IwW don't let anyone know they have any shows coming up on the slim possibility that someone may call the venue? Sounds counter productive.

I'd rather have a billion people know and chance 10 of them calling the venue then having no one know and getting an attendence that could have been so much better on the night.

I also doubt that posting show dates on the net has anything to do with someone calling the venue with a grudge, that's just someone with a grudge. Unless you are going to efforts not to advertise at all for fear of a phone call, then people are going to have the information at least some of the time.

The attendane does not be better from advertising here to be honest, Northside advertise here no one except me from the forum goes , Iww advertised its last shows and no one from the forum went . ffpw Advertise and prob get two people from the forum, it seems to me people here just sit at the computers and talk bout shows they never attend. look at gerrys last show every one on here said they would go no one turned up except cannibal you have no right to talk about a companys show or attendance in irish wrestling if you have not been to at least one off its shows.

this is my opinion i have to remind people cause they sometimes forgert im intitled to it

Bingo1 wrote: »
    Looks like we won't be getting the attendence figures for the IWW shows.

Is the recession affecting the turn-out at Irish wrestling shows?

The WWE still seem to sell out but I can't see the AWR selling out this time. I think
    people might be more careful with their money. It's about four years since I've been
    to a Irish based promotion. The one and only UCW show I went to has put me off ever since.

The recent write-ups on IWW in the Sunday Tribune and Dubliner Magazine and the RTE documentary showed that they only had about 50 people each night. Is this the norm?

I can't see how a promotion can make money unless they don't pay the
    Irish wrestlers on the bill. Are the Irish wrestlers happy to wrestle for nothing?

I noticed on the recent IWW results there was only 6 wrestlers on the show and no sign of Joel Redman!

Is the 6 wrestlers a sign of the times or are IWW running out of wrestlers?
    you were put off by a bad show 4 years ago ?????????????
    hello a lot can change in four years give the talent out there a chance.

and once again just cause its only 50 people at a show does not mean the wrestling is bad .

how ever captain rooney what is this ?????????????
    im sorry i just have a hatred for characters based on super heros, i like to see real charcters beleivable characters like when i was at a cpw show and john jennings walked bye me with a big thick chain i could see by looking at him he seemed like a real angry convict i could not get the same affect from captain rooney or sean south cause you just know there characters are not real.
    Im not saying that John Jennings in real life is an actual convict but the believabilty was there , where as with other characters in irish wrestling its not .
    Danny the pain was another character i belived could be real ( excuse my spellling i know its bad )

(this is my opinion i have to remind people off this cause they somtimes forget i am intitled to it )

what im doing is making the same nitt picking comments that was made on here against a company i think didnt deserve it. Comments like why are they doing shows on the southside if there called Northside, why did they use this ! sign in there advertising when they should off used this ? . So if people on here are allowed leave stupid argument comments why aint I ? ? ? ?
    im just doing what every one else does on here make stupid nitt picking comments that don t be revalent or make sence half the time ( my opinion once again just a reminder cause people seem to forget im intitled to it )

How is saying to a guy that you flat out don't believe his explanation/ answer (to a direct question you have asked) the same as saying someone should use a question mark instead of an exclamation mark?? The question mark thing is just being pedantic, what you did was tell the bloke you don't believe him and that he's talking bullsh*t!

Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion. How do make it out that anyone forgets that? Everyone is entitled to disagree with everyone elses opinion if they so wish.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement