Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions' Thread ***Info & Results***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭FFPW_Dean

Just to elaborate a little on the camp without looking all boring & press release-ish.

It's being coached by Paul Tracey and is intended for experienced pro wrestlers in order to tighten the screws & polish their in-ring work. Therefore the camp is only suitable for advanced pro wrestlers.

If anyone wishes to come down as a beginner they can, however they will be coached by someone other than Paul Tracey, who will only be coaching the advanced trainees. FFPW have a more than capable coaching staff and getting some intimate beginners training from Phil Boyd, Peter Farrell, or any of the other FFPW roster members is in no way a short change deal.

The cost of the camp is €30 and concludes with an FFPW gym show on the 16th of August, which is sure to feature some of the best in Ireland as well as the FFPW trainees, which makes it an exciting prospect for any fan, especially given that admission is FREE.

This has been your FFPW update, hope to see some of you there in some way or another.

Dean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Thread re-opened after discussion with the admins.

Let's try and keep it nice folks, the forum is here to discuss wrestling and Irish wrestling promotions should definitely have a place here, that goes without saying, so let's get along and keep things civil and we can all play and chat for a long long time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭ScumdogV2

Nice. I like this thread and having it shut was a damn shame. Happy it's back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GerrySoul

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND........................ WERE BACK!!!! Thank you orestes. Apologies if in my last post i was acting the MOD. Won't a happen again.

Gerry Soul

Good to see we're back, any chance all of the latest FFPW news posts about the camp and two shows being moved in here? If not I'll post em in here anew.

Dean

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

FFPW_Dean wrote: »
    Good to see we're back, any chance all of the latest FFPW news posts about the camp and two shows being moved in here? If not I'll post em in here anew.

Dean

I iz moderator hear me roar :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PTW UK

In the Main Event of Power Trip Wrestlings (PTW) show in the Isle of Sheppey, Kent last Wednesday August 5th in front of a sell out crowd of 245 fans Ireland's Conor Hurley defeated 'G' Lap Dancing Superstar to become the new Power Trip Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion. Hurley is the first Irishman to hold the title. All at PTW wish him the best for a successful title reign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭IwWInfo

25/7/09

Letterkenny

Captain Rooney defeated The Supermodel

JP Jones (UK) was defeated by LA Warren in a Zero Gravity (ZG) Match

Captain Rooney & JP Jones overcame LA Warren & The Supermodel

IwW International Title Match
    Mandrake retained his title against the UK's Joel Redman

26/07/09

Donegal

Captain Rooney defeated The Supermodel

JP Jones (UK) was defeated by LA Warren in a Zero Gravity (ZG) Match

Captain Rooney & JP Jones overcame LA Warren & The Supermodel

IwW International Title Match
    Mandrake retained his title against the UK's Joel Redman

1/08/09

Offaly

The Supermodel defeated Captain Rooney & LA Warren in a Triple Threat match where the winner becomes the #1 Contender for the IwW International Championship

Vic Viper defeated The Ballymun Bruiser

IwW International Championship

Mandrake retained his title by DDQ against Jason Rotunda (Scotland) after interference by LA Warren & The Ballymun Bruiser

Mandrake, Captain Rooney & Vic Viper defeated LA Warren, The Ballymun Bruiser & Jason Rotunda in a 6 Man Elimination Match

2/08/09

Offaly

LA Warren retained his ZG Belt against Captain Rooney

Vic Viper defeated Jason Rotunda w/The Ballymun Bruiser

Captain Rooney & Vic Viper defeated LA Warren & Jason Rotunda w/The Ballymun Bruiser

IwW Championship Match

Mandrake retained his title against The Supermodel

3/08/09

Wicklow (Festival Show)

Show 1
    Working Class John defeated LA Warren

The Supermodel defeated Jason Rotunda (Scotland)

Show 2
    Jason Rotunda & Working Class John overcame LA Warren & The Supermodel in a best 2 out of 3 Falls Tag Match

Ballydehob

8/08/09

Dan O' Mahoney Tournament

Captain Rooney defeated LA Warren

The Supermodel overcame The Ballymun Bruiser

Final
    The Supermodel defeated Captain Rooney

Captain Rooney & The Ballymun Bruiser defeated LA Warren & The Supermodel

Congratulations to The Supermodel who won the annual Dan O Mahoney Tournament, he defeated Working Class John & Captain Rooney to be the 2nd man to hold the trophy (The 1rst being IwW Champ Mandrake)

Also Congratulations to new PTW Champion Conor Hurley who last Wednesday won the championship after a hard fought battle

25kivew.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

Anyone have any info on PWU? Went onto their site there but it hasn't been updated since May as far as I can see.

PWU is still alive and well, we're well aware of our lack of Updates on the site and currently get a completly new site re-done.

The last show's results, if anyone's interested, are:

"The original, original" Rodd defeated Tucker
    "The Renegades" , Toxic and "Mighty" Marty Andrews defeated Tom Hagan and Brian Corr
    "More man then Most" Danny Butler defeated "Big" Joe Johnstone
    Kev Rocks defeated Johnny Stash
    Chad Kingston defeated Damian Corvin
    "Real Southern Attitude" Vice and DJ Marshall defeated Matt Venom

Main Event 8 Man Tag

Team Tron (Tron, Danny Butler, Kev Rocks and Chad Kingston) defeated Team JDP ( JDP, The Renegades and Rodd) meaning Tron regained the PWU Heavyweight title after being stripped of it earlier in the night.

The date of the next show is yet to be confirmed, however once it is I'll get details posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Irish Stunner

PWU is still alive and well, we're well aware of our lack of Updates on the site and currently get a completly new site re-done.

The last show's results, if anyone's interested, are:

"The original, original" Rodd defeated Tucker
    "The Renegades" , Toxic and "Mighty" Marty Andrews defeated Tom Hagan and Brian Corr
    "More man then Most" Danny Butler defeated "Big" Joe Johnstone
    Kev Rocks defeated Johnny Stash
    Chad Kingston defeated Damian Corvin
    "Real Southern Attitude" Vice and DJ Marshall defeated Matt Venom

Main Event 8 Man Tag

Team Tron (Tron, Danny Butler, Kev Rocks and Chad Kingston) defeated Team JDP ( JDP, The Renegades and Rodd) meaning Tron regained the PWU Heavyweight title after being stripped of it earlier in the night.

The date of the next show is yet to be confirmed, however once it is I'll get details posted.

What was the attendance off the show ?

ill have to attend one off them up north shows sometime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 NI Nightmare

What was the attendance off the show ?

ill have to attend one off them up north shows sometime

I believe the attendance was approx. 80 give or take.

I was also informed the next show is due to take place Friday week (21st) again in Malone Rugby Club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PTW UK

Power Trip Wrestling 12/8/09, Isle of Sheppey, Kent.

Ireland's Conor Hurley def 'Hardcore' Tommy Stevens to retain the PTW World Heavyweight Title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

PTW UK wrote: »

Ireland's Conor Hurley def 'Hardcore' Tommy Stevens to retain the PTW World Heavyweight Title.

By any chance is there footage of this match online? I'd love to see Conor defend his world title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

PTW UK wrote: »

Little bit optimistic no?:)

Hello friends,

Friends & Family Show on Tomorrow at 6:30pm
    Free Admission
    At The Fight Factory

Camp Success

The FFPW camp last weekend was a huge success with wrestlers from FFPW, PWU & others all taking part in some grade A training as can only be administered by FFPW. Head trainer Paul Tracey was assisted at times by Phil Boyd, Sean Brennan, & Paddy Morrow ensuring that an all round style was taught to those in attendance. Also in attendance was a representative from Wrestling.ie / Sports Entertainment Wrestling who was said to be very impressed with the quality of trainees at the Fight Factory.

FFPW Heads North

Top young talents Dean Dooley & Dean Maxwell will be in action for Belfast's Pro Wrestling Ulster promotion this friday, both are looking forward to the opportunity to ply their skills in front of a new audience as their young careers continue to gain momentum. They will be joined on this show by PWU regulars & FFPW members Kev Rocks & Danny Butler.

Injury Report

Two FFPW stars are sidelined with foot injuries at present, Andy Feenix has strained ligaments in his foot & is out of action for a number of weeks following an accident which occured while playing Ruggers with some of his D4 associates. Sean South has shattered his toe following an undisclosed incident incident unrelated to FFPW. Both are expected to return to action within 6-8 weeks.

Show This Sunday

FFPW will once again host a Friends & Family show on Sunday, 23rd August.
    What will happen on the last show before AWR kick off their Irish tour? It's anybodies guess but early rumours include a HUGE 3 WAY Dance featuring some of AWR's Top Irish Stars.

As well as this an appearance by Jenny Sjodin is expected as she returns to FFPW this Sunday to top up her training after living & training in England since she was forced out of FFPW for 6 months by Jordan Devlin in January.

Action at the Fight Factory is due to kick off at 6:30pm and as always Admission is FREE*

This has been your FFPW Update for the week, more news as we get it.

*although if you want to give us some cash, that's cool too.

The views expressed in this post dont necessarily reflect those of FFPW Management.

Did anyone here know IWW are doing a show in England soon?

Tell me more Ger bah. Its not as if IWW seem bothered in doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Aww, when I saw last post by flahavaj, I was hoping for yet another ripping of IWW :mad:

Where would I start bah?

• Advertisement

Usually does not take much

Just saw a post about it on another forum, dunno if we can name it or not, saying that they're having two shows in England, with Mandrake, Dave Moralez and some other brit wrestling at it. It's almost insulting that it wasn't posted here in all honesty. The venues were also posted on this other forum, thus their whole thing about people ringing the venues is apparantly out the window. Which begs the question - why exactly didn't they post here?

Ah yes, I see it now on UKFF. Bold move. I really cannot see jokers like Bingo Ballance and so on doing too well in a country where the standards are quite a bit higher than what can ge got away with here.

http://wrestlingclassics.com/cgi-bin/.ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001932;p=

found this on my travels. interesting read for irish wrestling historians out there

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

i heard ballance left iww a while back. hes wrestling with SEW now

Typical of the lackadaisical attitude to promoting themselves that has led IWW to the brink of oblivion to be perfectly honest. Its almost like they don't want people's suppport.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

Most of their roster is gone and they've been importing a lot of guys anyway, so they probably figured going to England would be more cost effective at this stage.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you, OUR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

l_29dceb72def64ee9a0b21a6bbff9cea6.jpg

Look at that awesome belt and his Gaelic tattoos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you, OUR WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

l_29dceb72def64ee9a0b21a6bbff9cea6.jpg

Look at that awesome belt and his Gaelic tattoos

He looks like one of the Nasty Boys, The belt is ridiculous

• Advertisement

I see TNA robbed his Merch Idea and started signing Baseballs instead of Hurling Balls

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    I see TNA robbed his Merch Idea and started signing Baseballs instead of Hurling Balls

Sliotars.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sliotars.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Typical of the lackadaisical attitude to promoting themselves that has led IWW to the brink of oblivion to be perfectly honest. Its almost like they don't want people's suppport.

And even when they do try to get people's support, you try to sabotage it - http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=114639

Now, I agree that IWW are piss poor at promoting shows and keeping people updated, and I generally agree with most things you say about them on here, but that post I linked to is dickish behaviour.

Exit wrote: »
    And even when they do try to get people's support, you try to sabotage it - http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=114639

Now, I agree that IWW are piss poor at promoting shows and keeping people updated, and I generally agree with most things you say about them on here, but that post I linked to is dickish behaviour.
    Nope, thats just expressing an opinion.

Do you have to like it? Nope.

Do you have to accept people aren't always going to agree with you? Yep.

Yay for late 90's WWE knock off belts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

its pretty ridiculous the way people are acting.honestly theres alot of dickheads on this site and ye actually make it unbearable at times.can no one be happy for other people?regardless of what the belts like and what the company is like,it doesnt matter.ive meet conor a few times and hes genuinely a nice guy,why would ye rip the piss out of him?

Sirsok wrote: »
    its pretty ridiculous the way people are acting.honestly theres alot of dickheads on this site and ye actually make it unbearable at times.can no one be happy for other people?regardless of what the belts like and what the company is like,it doesnt matter.ive meet conor a few times and hes genuinely a nice guy,why would ye rip the piss out of him?

Because I've paid money to get into shows that he was on and I was nothing but offended by the performance put on by him. Is it not acceptable for wrestling fans to strongly dislike a wrestler? There's a full thread of hatred for Triple H here. Quite frankly, I believe "Mr. G.A.A" is an embarrassment to both professional wrestling and The G.A.A, two fields in which I have a very strong interest. I don't have to like him at the end of the day.

And why doesn't it matter what the Belt and the Company are like? Of course it does. If it didn't matter, they'd probably paint their name on a bit of cardboard. And saying the company doesn't matter is a bit ridiculous really.

Because I've paid money to get into shows that he was on and I was nothing but offended by the performance put on by him. Is it not acceptable for wrestling fans to strongly dislike a wrestler? There's a full thread of hatred for Triple H here. Quite frankly, I believe "Mr. G.A.A" is an embarrassment to both professional wrestling and The G.A.A, two fields in which I have a very strong interest. I don't have to like him at the end of the day.

And why doesn't it matter what the Belt and the Company are like? Of course it does. If it didn't matter, they'd probably paint their name on a bit of cardboard. And saying the company doesn't matter is a bit ridiculous really.

Wonderfully balanced and mature response there Ger in the face of some very abusive comments from Sorsik, sums up my thoughts exactly.

This idea that pervades threads on Irish wrestling that they should somehow be immune from criticism is quite frankly ridiculously. As paying fans people are entitled to air their opinions, good or bad. Anyone who puts themselves in the public eye seuch as Conor Hurley or indeed any other wrestler puts them selves out there for public scrutiny, be it positive or negative.

Seeing as so many people hate conor hurley, does that not mean he is doing a good job as a heel? Its obvious ppl here hate him because of what he does in wrestling. I'm sure hes a good guy in reality. I will give him his due. he is obviously doing ok as a wrestler and i say fair play to the man.

It's the wrong kind of heat. The right kind makes you buy tickets.

As for the nice guy argument. John Cena is apparently a fantastic guy who does a lot of charity work and stuff, but has to take his share of fans who don't like his character or his wrestling and boo him every chance they get. He's learned to deal with it cause he's a pro.

If negative reactions phase you, then it's the wrong business for you. Even guys who went on to be superstars like The Rock had to deal with it. Maybe Conor might one day too star in a Hollywood blockbuster :P

• Advertisement

Met cena in belfast he was a dick! although the next day he seemed okish. dunno bout hurley being in a hollywood blockbuster, however i see mandrake has landed a lead roll in a tv show called devastation

"Hey fiends,

The 'Black heart warrior' is set to appear in a upcoming tv show called DEVASTATION.

DEVASTATION is the tale of two young men, Billy & Paul, whose lives are turned upside-down after befriending a mysterious stranger, Devon. At breaking point they find themselves in the most extreme of circumstances, trying to dispose of his body. What brought them to this point, is it the end of their troubles or will it all come back to haunt them from a shallow grave.

Mandrake is set to play 'Devon'. Devon is large and imposing, both in size and character. A party animal who lives in the moment. Its not that he doesn't care about consequences, he just never considers them.

Filming is set to start soon so watch this space for updates.

Stay Strong
    Mandrake"

source http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=160084590&blogID=506638386

k sorry lads, points well taken,everyone is entitled to their opinion,just hard to read harsh comments bout a guy i consider to be top notch and a fellow kilkenny man!

i personally believe he does well with his gimmick and draws a good amount of heat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Exit wrote: »

Sirsok wrote: »

little warning lads can we keep this civil and avoid personal insults, I know this isnt the worst but this thread was only recently re-opening and i would hate to have to lock it again because little bickering has spiralled outta control. As Flahavaj said these are just opinions being posted, you dont have to agree with them but you do have to continue to act like a respectfull poster even if you disagree with what is posted.

Whiplash wrote: »
    Seeing as so many people hate conor hurley, does that not mean he is doing a good job as a heel? Its obvious ppl here hate him because of what he does in wrestling. I'm sure hes a good guy in reality. I will give him his due. he is obviously doing ok as a wrestler and i say fair play to the man.

When did he turn heel? And how does his character fit playing a heel? The evil Left Half Back who refuses to pass to his team mates! *BOOOOOOO*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 flexkidd

Fair play to mandrake
    Whiplash wrote: »
    Met cena in belfast he was a dick! although the next day he seemed okish. dunno bout hurley being in a hollywood blockbuster, however i see mandrake has landed a lead roll in a tv show called devastation

"Hey fiends,

The 'Black heart warrior' is set to appear in a upcoming tv show called DEVASTATION.

DEVASTATION is the tale of two young men, Billy & Paul, whose lives are turned upside-down after befriending a mysterious stranger, Devon. At breaking point they find themselves in the most extreme of circumstances, trying to dispose of his body. What brought them to this point, is it the end of their troubles or will it all come back to haunt them from a shallow grave.

Mandrake is set to play 'Devon'. Devon is large and imposing, both in size and character. A party animal who lives in the moment. Its not that he doesn't care about consequences, he just never considers them.

Filming is set to start soon so watch this space for updates.

Stay Strong
    Mandrake"

source http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=160084590&blogID=506638386

When did he turn heel? And how does his character fit playing a heel? The evil Left Half Back who refuses to pass to his team mates! *BOOOOOOO*

na man hes the self righteous kilkenny man who thinks because his county wins everything hes great by association.it does go over well.its like when in america they were the football jersey of another state and everyone gets pissed.sme effect really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Nope, thats just expressing an opinion.

Do you have to like it? Nope.

Do you have to accept people aren't always going to agree with you? Yep.

I accepted that many years ago.

I wouldn't call what you posted on there just an opinion though. And if you claim it's an opinion, then it's not an opinion that's based on experience. I believe I'm right in thinking that you haven't been to an IWW show in many years? And I'm not saying that that excludes you from criticising them (I've had that particular accusation thrown my way by Rochford himself a long time ago) What I am saying is that you have no first hand knowledge of how fun, or indeed how ****e, the shows are as you haven't experienced one recently. Therefore, you shouldn't be offering your voice on whether people should or shouldn't go.

I assumed the majority of level headed posters in this thread wanted to see Irish wrestling succeed, yet here you are, a renowned IWW basher, practically picketing the company. It seems petty to be going around telling people not to go to the shows, because you personally don't like the company and/or the people involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Conor Hurley

Hey everyone. This is my first time posting here so i hope this goes ok. Now ive been reading what goes on here for a while now and i notice the a few of the members on this forum dont like me very much. Now i dont have a problem with this at all but most of the guys/girls that have a problem with me has never met me in person they just go on what they see at shows and these people have only seen me on a handful of times so i really think its funny. Now i to could come on to this forum and say your all wrong and that i am a great wrestler etc etc but im not going to because thats your opinion and i have no problem with it. I could also come on here under a different name and slag off all the othe wrestlers and promotions in this country too, but i dont. Why?? Because i know how hard it is to wrestle and how hard the training is and i have respect for every wrestler not just the IWW and PTW guys or any of the other promotions that ive wrestled for but for every one of the wrestlers and promotions in the country i wish all of them well. If their going to put the work into a show then good luck to them. As for the slagging thats your opinon good or bad its not a problem with me the more you guys slag me the more my name gets out there and people get to know it so thanks for the air time guys!! Now having said all that there is one guy here...... Gerard C who really seems to hate me. As far as i know this guys has seen me wrestle once or twice at the most but he knows so much me about and EVEN goes onto my myspace page and looks at my pictures.. not bad for a guy who hates me. Now i can tell everyone that i have never met this man and if he has such a problem with me(maybe its because im from Kilkenny and hes from Clonmel Co Tipp) why didnt he come up to me at one of the shows and tell me in person??? What i would like to know would Mr Gerard say all these things to my face or is he just another keyboard tough guy?? So the only way for me to find out is to drive down to Clonmel(which is not that far from me) on Monday, yes thats two days time the 24th and meet up with Gerard... thats if hes not to busy slagging me off here. I think that Easons book store would be a good meeting point. So whatever time suits Mr Gerard C is fine with me and he can tell me face to face how much he hates me. Thanks for your time everyone i wont be making a habbit of posting here as im not much good on a PC. But i am very interested to hear what Gerard has to say. Later

Irish Wrestling Entertainment
    presents

"HURLEY V GERRARD I : ULTIMATUM"

TICKETS COST E10 AND INCLUDES FREE MEET AND GREETS WILL ALL COMPETIOTORS.24TH AUGUST EASON BOOK STORE CLONMEL.bELL TIME 10 O'CLOCK.

IM DOING A PRETTY GOOD PROMOTING JOB!MAYBE I SHOULD GIVE IT A GO :)

Jeez Louise :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement