Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Promotions' Sticky

• 23-04-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

The stickies on the forums for the Irish promotions have been merged into one sticky. There are two reasons for this:

1) Seven stickies is a few too many

2) People can't be expected to check out each thread for each promotion. At the moment, IwW has got more views in their thread than the other three combined. With the threads merged this means that people looking at the thread will be able to quickly find out about all Irish promotions, which is a benefit to all of them

There was trouble in the past on this forum with people from one promotion talking bad about other promotions and vice versa. Promotion bashing will still not be tolerated

To clarify, people from any Irish promotion can post all their upcoming cards and their results in the Irish promotions' sticky. If anyone wants to have a discussion about an Irish wrestling show they are free to start their own thread. Basically as you were, but with one sticky instead of four

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

A good idea, especially with the addition of NLW, there's no point in creating yet another sticky for it.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Hi Fozzy. I think overall it's a good idea to merge all the stickies and I hope it doesn't turn out to be to much to handle!

I just have a question about what you would define as "promotion bashing". Are you referring to possibly slanderous statements as opposed to a genuine negative opinion of a particular promotion? For example, would it be ok to say you don't rate a particular promotion or wrestler within that promotion provided it is your honest opinion, not influenced by your own self interests?

I'm just curious as to what your definition is since it's common to see criticism of WWE or TNA. Of course they are American promotions but I don't see why any promotion (Irish or not) should be exempt from criticism provided it is deserved of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I just have a question about what you would define as "promotion bashing". Are you referring to possibly slanderous statements as opposed to a genuine negative opinion of a particular promotion? For example, would it be ok to say you don't rate a particular promotion or wrestler within that promotion provided it is your honest opinion, not influenced by your own self interests?

There was a problem in the past where people associated with a promotion would badmouth other promotions and people associated with them. I wasn't a mod then, but I could see the mods were having a hard time, which is why Ph3n0m originally had to separate the discussion of Irish promotions

Constructive criticism is allowed. It helps a promotion to know if they're doing something wrong too. Saying you don't rate a particular promotion or wrestler is fine if that's your opinion. Giving a reason would be helpful

I just don't want the discussion to descend to a level where it did in the past, where there was talk of banning any discussion of Irish wrestling (I think that did actually happen for a while). But there have been no problems since then as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

OK so, I hope it works out. You know you're always going to get a few muppets round here though :)

Advertisement