Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three sats, one dish?

• 23-04-2007 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Guys, presumably 28.2, 19 and 13 are possible using a monoblock LNB for 19 & 13 and a seperate LNB for 28.2.

I'm seriously considering doing this myself as I've been quoted £400+ for a professional installation which renders the cost way beyond my budget.

What would I need to buy apart from the dish and the LNBs? Note that I would want a quad LNB for each satellite so I can feed a PVR or two and (hopefully) ditch Sky once RTÉ International go on the air...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'd avoid the Monoblock.

Just get an LNB rail that can take up to 4 LNB's (quad's in your case, and of course they'll all need to be fed into a DiSEqC switch).

If you need to connect 4 different boxes/feeds to all the 3 LNB's then you'd need 4 of the DiSEqC switches too - each switch connected to 1 port of each LNB.

Advertisement