Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resetting Document 1 on Word

• 23-04-2007 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this but here goes....

Was working away on Word a couple of weeks back, battery on my laptop died, now everytime I open Word the document I was working on is the default Document 1, is there way of resetting this, really pissing me off....am very anal when it comes to things like this!!

Damien

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I'm not sure what you mean...

Do you mean when you open Word from the Start Menu or desktop, or when you open your document? If its when you open your document, did you save your document at any time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Sorry when I open Word from desktop, rather than a blank Word document opening, this file opens instead as Document1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Search you machine for Normal.dot and either rename it or delete it.
    You'll find one per user on the machine:

C:\Documents and Settings\*user*\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\

Fire up word.

(Note: Any autotext you've entered is saved in the normal template)

Cheers The Edge, slight problem can't find the file by searching for the file name or using the link you gave me...am on Windows XP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Oh yeah, it's a hidden file.

in Windows Explorer...."Tools/Folder Options/View/Show Hidden Files & Folders"

Search again and you should see it.

Word will re-create it once you rename/delete it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You'll have to replace *user* with the name of your user account.

Failing that, do a search for Normal.doc and ensure to check for hidden files and folders. Then delete the file. Word will recreate a new default one when you restart it.

Lads you're legends and both let anyone tell ya otherwise

Damien

Advertisement