Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonicwall Firewall Help

Options
  • 23-04-2007 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi guys I need a bit of help with configuring a Sonicwall TZ 170 Standard firewall to allow remote access to an SQL Server sitting on the lan.

The guy who set up the network has disappeared and the last thing I want to do is feck up the existing settings as they work correctly, there is a vlan set up etc.

All I want to do is allow access to port 1433 (SQL Server), preferably restricted to the IP of the remote server that needs access to it.

What I have done so far:
    - Under Firewall, I have added a custom service, (SQL Server on port 1433)
    - I then added an access rule in to access the SQL Service from the WAN to LAN IP of the SQL server.

No joy though.

I also tried to add a "One-to-One NAT" rule under the "Network" section, but trying to add this rule failed. I believe because there is only one public IP address and this is already in use.

I am accessing via remote web access so treading carefully.

Can anyone spot anything I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

its a while since i looked at a sonicwall you could go into access and add service then add the internal address of the sql server as a public lan server create yor rule as youve alrady done .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Is it the Enhanced OS or the basic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

thanks for the help guys, in fact the rule was working, but the connecting server had a firewall that was blocking access.

I hadn't thought of this as another sql server was being connected to already, but it turns out there was a rule for it in the connecting server firewall.

in short, my initial steps worked, I just didn't know they had!

Advertisement