Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you from?

Options
  • 23-04-2007 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Where are you from in Dublin?

Trying to drag those memories of old Dublin from everyone.

To start the ball rolling I am from Kevin Street in the Liberties as in The Iveagh Trust.We mightn't have had as much as our kids now have, but we certainly weren't deprived or starved in fact I firmly believe we had far better times as kids

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was born and raised in Coolock.

We only had 8 Bit computers back then and it was damn well good enough for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I was born on Summerhill, Dublin 1.

Although I've moved out many moon's ago. But I still have family in the area.

I don't remember awhole lot from the time. Although I do remember there was one taxidriver living in the 'flats', I can remember the smell of both urine and bleach on the stairs.

There was also a bookshop where my Dad would bring us to buy our comic's, funnily enough thats a smell I'll never forget either (the bookshop, not my father).

The flats where I was born are long since demolished, they were the old tenement building type.

Is that any good for you?.

originally from coolock
    now live in clonshaugh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm from Kilmainham originally and I have a lot of good memories of it. It's changed a lot since then but I often wish I'd never left as I'm not too fond of the suburban hell I'm currently stuck in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Raheny, now living in North Strand.
    I remember picking blackberries on what is now Briarfield Road in Kilbarrack. We could see the church in Baldoyle across the fields.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I spent my first few years alive living in Killiney.
    Moved out of Co. Dublin then and into Greystones.

Moved into Dublin 1 three years ago and I effin' love it! Can't see myself leaving the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

City Quay, Dublin 2 for me. And it has changed dramatically now. Its full of apartments and financial businesses. I dont even know half of my neighbours anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I live in Coolock, and always have but hopefully won't live here too much longer!
    Surprised theres a few others here from the area!

Coolock has its bad points but i've grown quite fond of its grotty charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Maryland, Dublin 8, but I live in France now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Templeogue, Dublin 6w ( used to be Dublin 12, those were the days:rolleyes: )
    Great place. An abundance of nearby shops,parks,swimming pools etc. Ill be leaving the area though, I wont be able to afford a house :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

originally from bray, i grew up in the country surround by fields and trees, i remember as a kid taking the dog up the mountains hunting for rabbits and pheasants with my dad. its all gone now, houses, factories, M11. i remember fishing in the harbour feeding the seals, and herons. Good memories, i miss it sometimes,i now live in a concrete jungle in dublin 11. Was out in wicklow yesterday with the folks, i miss the greeness and the silence:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Grew up in Firhouse, now in Terenure near Terenure college. Borderline with Templeogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I was born and raised in Coolock.
    originally from coolock
    I live in Coolock, and always have
    I'm from Coolock aswell. :eek:

The good side of the Oscar though. In behind the Cop Shop, near the village. Beechlawn.
    Coolock has its bad points but i've grown quite fond of its grotty charm.
    I think it's great.

I live up beside the Hilton now though, in Northern Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Monkstown... now tallaght, bit of a change!

seansouth wrote:
    I'm from Coolock aswell. :eek:

The good side of the Oscar though.
    Ha.. yes.... The good side here too. But I travel over to the rough side of the Oscar Traynor everyday to work... Although I had to take a long way round to get to work on Friday as the road I usually walk down was closed off because there was a shooting.

You could almost have a Coolock boards beers though with the amount of us on here....

Anyone remember Coolock Lad's thread on After Hours...? ah.. great days...

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/IRC:Irishslutgothsfromhell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I wonder if we know each other mf.

That's a wonderful commute you have, I'd love something like that.

You work in that place where the dole office is don't you?

seansouth wrote:
    You work in that place where the dole office is don't you?
    Well I'm in and out of there a lot.. my own office is a little further up in the CDC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Born in Donaghmede, lived in The Beeches up to 2005 when me da moved to Raheny, was living part time with my mam from 1999 now living in Clare Hall apparently the 'knacker' side the Templeview's, damn posh Elmfields!!

/shakes fist

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Lived in Cork first, then Parkgate St Dublin 8 (don't remember much of it except the novelty of having the Zoo practically in the back garden). Lived in Glasnevin for quite a while then Coolock (Ferrycarrig pk). Currently on the North Strand (other side of Summerhill). Love the North Strand, feels like a home away from home.

Advertisement