Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

00 yaris tape to cd player

Options
  • 23-04-2007 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Hi all - a friend of mine wants a cd player for her yaris, to replace her broken cassette head unit; are the connections the same on the back of the cassette unit as on the cd??
    Thanks for any advice!
    P.S. - would anyone know of one for sale, with a grey fascia?!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

The only way you can fit a CD player in Yaris is to make use of the pocket kit beneath the radio. Add a standard CD player there, and disconect the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

single din head unit won't fit without grinding excess plastic off dash; original head unit slip straight in without any butchering.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The tape/cd unit in the Yaris is integrated into the dash so an aftermarket cd player while posssible to install is rather messy and looks out of place.

Your best bet is to try and find one in either a scrap yard or eBay. You could also give Traynor's up North a ring.

never thought of traynors!
    tried ebay (have one but has a blue/green fascia) - local scrappers don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

sony sell a fine grey unit which I fit on nearly a daily basis as the fm receiver gives loads of trouble in yaris- sony unit fits fine you just loose your radio controls from the top unit, but your trip comp still works, it is the cheaper option..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I got a JVC CD pocket din installed in my 00 yaris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

grey facia CD players are next to impossible to find, as these were the pre 03 model, most of which had casette units.

A much better option is to buy a facia from a Japanese model Vitz, which has a double DIN over the ashtray, and a storage box over the heater where the Yaris has its display. If you are using a single DIN stereo, there is a common Toyota part to block off one half and use it as storage space.

colm_mcm, do you actually know how a radio unit look like into a Yaris?

By your reply, you don't. There is not such a thing as a facia adaptor for that car.

There is a picture of the inside dash-board:
    yaris_2000_660.jpg

I love when people just answer questions without knowing the real answer, just the increase the post count.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

louie wrote:
    By your reply, you don't. There is not such a thing as a facia adaptor for that car.
    I love when people just answer questions without knowing the real answer, just the increase the post count.
    Colm_mcm works at a Toyota dealer, so I think maybe he has seen one or two Yaris radios before :)

He's not talking about a fascia adapter, but a complete new fascia from the Vitz, the Japanese version of the Yaris, that has a different layout with a double-DIN slot in it.

• Advertisement

fao colm!!
    I've been offered this (for a price) - would it connect straight into the yaris (2000) or would I need any wires, loom or brackets? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180111292890&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1
    Thanks a lot for everyones help

Ok Alun, here is an image from a Vitz

178209_I_Large.jpeg

If you use one of them wich doesn't come cheap you will loose the other display function that the normal european cars has, and I don't even considered that as an option.

bump!

colm - could you check out the link in my previous message to see if it would suit my car please?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that looks different to the ones we usually use, but the ad does say it'll work in a Yaris. CD Changers on that generation generally have the same connections.

louie wrote:

Maybe you should learn to read properly, and while you're at it, try not to insult people who are giving you correct advice.

Advertisement