Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dodgy seatbelt?

Options
  • 23-04-2007 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

The drivers seatbelt in my 0'6 Rodeos fails to rewind. I intend bringing it back under warrenty but should/could I insist on a new belt and unit. I would imagine that they would open the unit and spray it with oil or something, not solving the problem long term. I have an NCT in a month or so and a few months left on the warrenty, my fear is I'll be left with a dodgy expensive belt to fix at my expense. Are manufactorers obliged to replace obviously important things like seat belts if they go wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

dubtom wrote:
    The drivers seatbelt in my 0'6 Rodeos fails to rewind. I intend bringing it back under warrenty but should/could I insist on a new belt and unit. I would imagine that they would open the unit and spray it with oil or something, not solving the problem long term. I have an NCT in a month or so and a few months left on the warrenty, my fear is I'll be left with a dodgy expensive belt to fix at my expense. Are manufactorers obliged to replace obviously important things like seat belts if they go wrong.

I think under the warranty the manufacturer will attempt to repair the defective component if possible first. If they cannot repair it they are obliged then to take the next step which is the replace it.

Might be best to ask the garage about this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If it's under warranty they will replace the inertia reels. Taking them apart is usually a pain in the a$$ and seldom solves the problem. There are no spare parts available from the vehicle manufacturer for the internal components so the manufacturers repair porocedure will simply be to order new reels and fit them. You should have no problem - just bring it back.

Advertisement