Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement student card....

Options
  • 23-04-2007 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how much a replacement student card costs?I lost mine over the weekend 2 weeks before the end of term:mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

fatal wrote:
    Does anyone know how much a replacement student card costs?I lost mine over the weekend 2 weeks before the end of term:mad: :mad:

Its 13 euro but if you get a note from the police to say its stolen its free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

alright thanks....
    It did get stolen so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

fatal wrote:
    alright thanks....
    It did get stolen so:D

Careful... you're not likely to get caught for it, but its an offence to make a false theft report to the Gardai, which is what you need to do to get the note for the free card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

It's also ridiculously hard for you to get the Gardai to say it was stolen.

My jumper was stolen in a pub once with my age card inside it. When I went to report it stolen the guard kept saying I had lost it. It took me quite a while of arguing with him to get him to write on the report that it had been stolen, and I'm not the only one who's had this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

i went to the garda station and told them that I lost it and he wrote exactly that on the statement after giving out for a bout 2 minutes about UCD not having anything better to do than to need garda statements to issue another ID card lol.
    I got the card aswell from the tierney building.Thanks Tan princess

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

fatal wrote:
    i went to the garda station and told them that I lost it and he wrote exactly that on the statement after giving out for a bout 2 minutes about UCD not having anything better to do than to need garda statements to issue another ID card lol.
    I got the card aswell from the tierney building.Thanks Tan princess

So the guard wrote that you'd lost it and you still got it for free? Excellent. My other advice would be go with a 50 euro note and they may not have change. Thats how I got mine free!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I was thinking of replacing mine because those scanner things in the library are annoying the **** out of me. Barcode's a bit worn on my card. Does anyone know if you still have to pay if you hand the original in?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

hey I broke my student card in half recently but my pic is intact and so is the barcode, basially all thats gone is the ucd logo/symbol, I still use it to get into library and get books out does anyone know whether I can use it for exams? dont really want a new 1 seeing that theres 3 weeks left n all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I lost mine today too, typical! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

woop wrote:
    hey I broke my student card in half recently but my pic is intact and so is the barcode, basially all thats gone is the ucd logo/symbol, I still use it to get into library and get books out does anyone know whether I can use it for exams? dont really want a new 1 seeing that theres 3 weeks left n all
    Me too, I'll just bring a second form of id with it just to be sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement