Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post SSIA savings a/c question.

Options
  • 23-04-2007 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I have been reading in that new Eddie Hobbs money magazine, the idea about dividing your SSIA money between the four main post SSIA savings a/cs i.e Halifax 6.65% and AIB 6.6% etc.

For those of you that haven't heard about this, the idea is that you divide your SSIA money amongst the four a/cs to get the benefit of the high interest rates. As the first one expires and the special interest rate is reduced to a lower rate, you take the money out and divide it amongst the other three. And so on till you have all your money in the last one.

The query I have is regarding DIRT tax and inflation. Do people think that these two things will negate and benefit you get from the interest? Is it possible you could end up loosing spending power because of inflation?

Any advice on this is appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Dakan

Advertisement