Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over Modding - During a Virginia Tech Massacre Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Cat_Moar_Internets.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

w2zzg2jgfxmxyiyqynmj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

6th wrote:
    DAMNCATS.jpg

I think the greatness of this picture is being overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I think the greatness of this picture is being overlooked.

Thank you ... I agree ... so to all those who overlooked the greatness of my image .....

kissmy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You know, those internet photoshop animal things are the saddest form of nerd-dom going.

I hold anyone who posts one in utter contempt.

• Advertisement

psi wrote:
    You know, I wish I had the skills do some of that stuff ... and a sense of humour to go with it.

I am serious jealous of anyone who posts one.

Its ok ... I bet you are really go at other things. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

monkeyage.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

psi wrote:
    You know, those internet photoshop animal things are the saddest form of nerd-dom going.

amused.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

psi wrote:

I hold anyone who posts one in utter contempt.

really?

you must have little to do in your life if this is the sort of thing that annoys you.
    how exactly is it nerdy by the way?

and why would ou hold someone in contempt for posting an animal picture?

personally, i maintain my contempt for mods who pick and choose who the wish to ban from the soccer forums. sometimes i feel the decisions made there are like ref'ing decisions made at old trafford, to give it a footbally analogy. im thinking of banning you from all Biz and Rec fora, based on your abuse an entire picture posting user group on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

The-Rigger wrote:

It is up to whoever mods the mods to take action/speak to said moderator regarding such instances.

that would be me.

the one who asked you 3 simle question to get to the bottom of what you wanted, and then you bitched at, complained about and abused.
    The-Rigger wrote:
    I'm opting out of this now..

good. people like you are counter productive to boards.ie. youre not willing to take anything onboard, you have your own set agenda and are not to be swayed from anything. youre almost zealot like.
    The-Rigger wrote:
    I am absolutely 100% amazed and baffled that this type of abuse is coming at me from a moderator, and in a feedback forum.

just goes to show how little you know about this place.
    ive tried straight up to help you and you have come back and abused me. therefore, you go stright into the catagory of 'silly boy' and deserve to be treated as such.
    The-Rigger wrote:
    The highlights are probably asking me am I retarded and calling me a whiney b!tch, but there is a lot to choose from.

yeah, i liked those ones too.
    The-Rigger wrote:
    I am sure you may continue with your 'playing the martyr' line but your posts have frankly been abusive, and I've no desire to read or respond to any questions you deliver in such manner.

So for the time being, I will leave this thread.

like i said, good. but im sure you will interject again when you feel you must, but im inclined to think its more a case of you just not wanting to answer my original questions.
    perhaps oyu dont have any answers. questions can be very awkward if you dont have the answers.
    The-Rigger wrote:
    What I wanted was for this type of modding (this is the 1st of this type I have witnessed) to be prevented in future. Any mod deleting/intending to delete an on-topic post because they disagree with the viewpoint
    is counter productive for boards.ie

i want a blow job from beyonce, a million bucks inthe bank, and a very expensive ferrari.
    mods are individuals and as such, are entitled to their opinons. just as you are. mods are chosen to help the fora run smoothly, becuase they are well known, usually add some value, and have a heap of common sense. it doesnt always work well, but overall, it works pretty well.

when you start paying the wages of moderators, then you can expect a more consistant effort, and you can make the rules as to what is and what is not allowed.

but the problem really with your request, is that while you say you got a lot of support for what you say, you also got a lot of people disagreeing with you.
    at what point do you believe a mod should step in and moderate a thread going completely off-topic. i mean, obviously its not at your post, becuase you have been vindicated with all of your support, but where.
    can you answer that one.

i'll be honest, im not a big fan of going heavy handed on the 'off-topic' posts. i dont agree with it in principle. i think that most posts have aresonable amount of validity somewhere along the line, and threads generally go back on topic sooner rather than later. of course, other mods arent as wonderful as me. but thats ok.
    and while i dont neccessarily agree with what happened, you seem to grate on everyone you talk to, so im thinking that if there were toys thrown out of prams, you were the one to do it. but thats a personality thing.
    no, my real issue here (see the way i do that, tell you waht the issue i have is without being asked by several differnt people) is that you feel the need to moan and complain and attack everyone becuase you feel personally slighted.
    im not going to 'have a word' with on of my mods over this.
    personally i feel the mod in question here does a great job. as do the vast majority of mods on these fora. just becuase you dont agree with something, does not mean that i do or anyone else does.
    perhaps a little bit of tolerance, and a bit of skin thikening on your part would go a long way to solving the issue here. most of which appears to be your own.

• Advertisement

How dare you make such a long post after the animal pictures have started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

really?

you must have little to do in your life if this is the sort of thing that annoys you.
    how exactly is it nerdy by the way?

and why would ou hold someone in contempt for posting an animal picture?

personally, i maintain my contempt for mods who pick and choose who the wish to ban from the soccer forums. sometimes i feel the decisions made there are like ref'ing decisions made at old trafford, to give it a footbally analogy. im thinking of banning you from all Biz and Rec fora, based on your abuse an entire picture posting user group on boards.

*yawn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

PSI VS WWM who will win?

I've a tenner on WWM any takers?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Boston wrote:
    PSI VS WWM who will win?

hasn't psi already won with that succinct reply? He said in a word what my face was doing when reading WWMs post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So does that mean you're taking on the bet?

There is one way the WWM can still win this, and it would take a true level A elite troll to pull it off.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This thread has lost just about all merit. I'm not entirely sure it had merit to begin with. It has less then 24 hours to live.

Probably a lot less.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I for one agree with every word WWM has posited in regard to this issue.

Scojones has proven himself an excellent m0d, and I fail to see what the OP's grievance is.

Oh and cat pics are a proven retort to spurious complaint, you can't argue with popular opinion ;)

edit: as Dev just alluded to, and WWM said earlier, someone had to bring it back on topic eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Boston wrote:
    PSI VS WWM who will win?

Stick me in for a score. I like the way this is going.

fightvz5ia3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

im inclined to think its more a case of you just not wanting to answer my original questions.

Your questions got lost in amongst the liquid turd poo-28215.jpgoozing from your brain into your keyboard, on to the screen.

You will find people more eager to answer your questions when you aren't hurling insults at them at the same time!

For you to say I abused you (prior to now, naturally) is nonsense, you should give serious consideration to investing in a dictionary.
    Dictionary.jpg

With that in mind, why did you go back and edit your post? Or was it edited for you?

I preferred the original tirade rather than the dumbed down PG 13 version we have now, have some backbone and revert it back? Seriously.
    just goes to show how little you know about this place.

Yes, my perception of the place has been corrected now, I appreciate your help on that. Had I realised that the feedback forum was a free for all, and serves the exact polar opposite purpose of the one it potrays, I'd of just pulled up a chair and joined the party.

i want a blow job from beyonce, a million bucks inthe bank, and a very expensive ferrari.
    mods are individuals and as such, are entitled to their opinons. just as you are. mods are chosen to help the fora run smoothly, becuase they are well known, usually add some value, and have a heap of common sense. it doesnt always work well, but overall, it works pretty well.

I agree, have we found some common ground? (for how long?). What red blooded male wouldn't appreciate Beyonce suckling on their nether-regions, a nice ferrari in the garage, a garage.

I'd prefer a million € myself with the current state of dollar, but I guess that didn't occur to you, you probably think a tonne of gold weigh less than a tonne of bullsh!t (considering how well you shovel it), each to their own!

beyonce-picture-1.jpg

I did not make a general attack on mods or the state of mods even though you personally attacked as if I had, I should of taken the time to read some of the other feedback threads, instead of the charter-esq stickys, and I would of noticed that this is often how the feedback threads unravel, where all complaints/suggestions/feedback get turned into a 'YOU HATE MODS' memo.

A clear pattern has formed in this feedback forum long before I stuck my nose in!

is that you feel the need to moan and complain and attack everyone becuase you feel personally slighted.

Attack? Try your dictionary again, it's under 'A'! :D

when you start paying the wages of moderators, then you can expect a more consistant effort, and you can make the rules as to what is and what is not allowed.

sarcasim mode+

You WhiteWashMan are doing a great job in furthering that cause, the way you ignore all charter's abuse policys and resort to a tirarde of petty insults is inspiring, I'm sure someone somewhere here is desperate to get your banking details and make a standing order each month directly into your account!

sarcasim mode -

I do however, feel sorry for all the good mods, most of whom probably don't bother to frequent this feedback section cause they know what an absolute farce it is.
    perhaps a little bit of tolerance, and a bit of skin thikening on your part would go a long way to solving the issue here. most of which appears to be your own.

Tolerance is under T, might be time to refresh yourself on the word.
    I think you might be under the new school of thinking, that you can't spell Tolerant with out rant.

As much as you don't believe it, I am a very tolerant person. I have a fairly thick skin also, I assure you none of your comments will have me rocking in the corner with my tongue hanging out for any duration.

I simply didn't realise that the rules on abuse didn't apply to you, and that you have carte blanche to be as ignorant and abusive and nonsensical as you want, but now I know this, thank you! You learn something new e-v-e-r-y day!

If ANYTHING, at least try and inject a bit of humour into the abuse you hurl, just hurling abusive term after abusive term is only fun to read for the malevolent. throw a bit of humour with it and a bigger target audience can appreciate it!

If it's a blowjob you require, anyone who '100%' stands by the wholly abusive element of your pre-watered-down post (new viewers, this post has since been edited for TV/reasons unknown/etc) is merely a sycophant.

SmashMix037Smithers.gif

So if its a blowjob you require, I'm sure they would oblidge.

Asiancatapproves.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

TL;DR.

(That's happening a lot these days.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

TL;DR.

Well at least he put in some pictures to look at.

I actually read that post (don't know why I bothered tbh), and yet again you still haven't answered the fundamental questions which you were asked, you just wen't on some bizzarre and irrelevant rant about...well nothing really.

This thread is so pointless, its not even worth posting a cat picture in.

Blowfish wrote:
    Well at least he put in some pictures to look at.

I actually read that post (don't know why I bothered tbh), and yet again you still haven't answered the fundamental questions which you were asked, you just wen't on some bizzarre and irrelevant rant about...well nothing really.

This is so pointless, its not even worth posting a cat picture in.

Cmon, catch up! This forum was not built on fundamental questions and answers :eek: :confused: :eek: :D :rolleyes: :o:p;):):D

'are you retarded?' is hardly a thought provoking question?

blowfish.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Kitten%20saves.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

The-Rigger wrote:
    Cmon, catch up! This forum was not built on fundamental questions and answers :eek: :confused: :eek: :D :rolleyes: :o:p;):):D

'are you retarded?' is hardly a thought provoking question?
    meh, yet another person who is thoroughly convinced the problem is always caused by someone else without actually bothering to look closer to home.

You asked people for feedback, people either gave you feedback or asked you to clarify what the problem actually is. You didn't like what they said so decided to post irrelevant trash.

Another typical day in feedback really.

Blowfish wrote:
    meh, yet another person who is thoroughly convinced the problem is always caused by someone else without actually bothering to look closer to home.

You asked people for feedback, people either gave you feedback or asked you to clarify what the problem actually is. You didn't like what they said so decided to post irrelevant trash.

Another typical day in feedback really.

Catch up! The initial issue is no longer a problem, its great, its all resolved!

I didn't appreicate a C-Mod giving me a tirade of abuse, inferring that I am a retard, calling me a whiney b!tch, amongst other things, etc.
    But now I do appreciate it as I realise this is the way of the feedback, and I feel initiated, and brand new!

Anyhow, while I do appreciate your feedback, the time for reasoned thought has long since past!!

It's funny picture time now!

hungryhippo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

DeVore wrote:
    This thread has lost just about all merit. I'm not entirely sure it had merit to begin with. It has less then 24 hours to live.

Probably a lot less.

DeV.

kiefer333x500.JPG

Is DeVore the new Jack Bauer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

*chucks in and shuffles off*

bomb.jpg

TL;DR.

It sure is

TL%3BDR.jpg

• Advertisement

Don't worry, this picture is just a ruse, shortly after it was taken Jack Bauer injected
    this puppy with hyoscine pentothal, to get answers.

kiefer_2.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement