Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What height is Shay Given?

• 23-04-2007 9:13pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

This has been bugging me. People keep saying Given is a short-arse, but I seem to recall Shay saying on telly once that people always say that to him, but that he's actually 6'2".

Online, various sources have him as either 6'1" (187cm) or 6'0" (185cm), including Newcastle's website.

Can anyone confirm for definite what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I can confirm that he is over 6'. Whether it is by one or two inches, i'm not exactly sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

6 foot .5 inches ;)

Probably 6ft 1 in his boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think he was the smallest keeper in the premiership last season. He was on that Hector show and he said everyone he meets is suprised at how tall he is as he doesn't look it on telly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

(culchie accent) He's a mountain of a man, so he is.

Nah, I reckon 5'11" - 6'

Players do look very small on YV. I was amazed at how big Berger looked the first time I went over to Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Yep hes 6'1 or 1.85m

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement