Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest way to transfer to a German Bank Account

Options
  • 23-04-2007 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Does anyone know of a cheap and safe way to make a payment to a bank account in Germany. It must be directly into a bank account and the amount involved is less than €50.

BTW - In this case Paypal is not an option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You should be able to make a payment from your Irish bank account if you have the recipients BIC and IBAN number.

Your banks telephone banking should be able to do it, if you're registered and can't get to a branch. If you're with AIB you can even do it for a couple of cent via online banking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's free with AIB Online Banking from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Only AIB can transfer internationally over the phone afaik.

Get the german bank accounts bic/swift and iban numbers and go to a branch. It should be free or 50c and get there in 3 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mini_Bar

Sangre wrote:
    Only AIB can transfer internationally over the phone afaik.

Get the german bank accounts bic/swift and iban numbers and go to a branch. It should be free or 50c and get there in 3 working days.

Thanks for all the replies - I will try an AIB branch tomorrow and let you know how I got on.

Advertisement