Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for Sony Ericsson K750i owners

• 23-04-2007 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all, I have the K750i and I can play videos that I have recorded on my PC through RealPlayer but I'm wondering if there's a way to play them through Windows Media Player? This would help me a great deal as I could then upload them on to sites like Youtube.

When I attempt to play the clips in Windows Media Player it never works.

Has anyone found a way around this? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

youtube should be able to take them as they are. as far as i know it converts all formats to flash after uploading. it has done to anything i've uploaded

the thing about windows media player is that if a video isn't playing, its usually wmp's fault. get the k-lite codec pack, use its player and never look back. and get vlc too. i've had files that were so corrupted that windows explorer would crash as soon as i clicked on them (because it would attempt to display a thumbnail) and vlc could still play them

to answer your original question, i don't think wmp can play 3gp files. i always used quicktime and, when i found out it existed, quicktime alternative which is an add-on for the k-lite codec pack. there's a real alternative too so you can have all your videos in the one player. much less hassle :)

edit: i just uploaded a 3gp file to youtube there which i'm pretty sure is the format the k750 records in and it worked fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hey thanks for the reply.

I tried to upload to Youtube however it ends up in the format .m3u whatever that is!

I'll get the programs you suggested though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

.m3u is a playlist file is it not? So there'd be no actual content in it beyond a list of songs to play? What size is the .m3u?

++ edit++
    see this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U

ciaranfo wrote:
    .m3u is a playlist file is it not? So there'd be no actual content in it beyond a list of songs to play? What size is the .m3u?

++ edit++
    see this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U
    yes an m3u file is a playlist, not a media file. i just opened one up there and its just plain text with file paths in it. i'm afraid you're trying to upload the wrong file mate

Yeah something's not right. I tried to play what I uploaded yesterday but I get a message telling me RealPlayer could not locate the specified clip.

Edit: I just re-upped the clip from my phone and I checked the clip properties. The format is 3GPP.

• Advertisement

Yeah something's not right. I tried to play what I uploaded yesterday but I get a message telling me RealPlayer could not locate the specified clip.

Edit: I just re-upped the clip from my phone and I checked the clip properties. The format is 3GPP.
    youtube will convert that fine and the k-lite codec pack player will play it if you get quicktime alternative too

youtube will convert that fine and the k-lite codec pack player will play it if you get quicktime alternative too

Hey guess what? It's finally working for me! Don't ask me how but I followed your advice and I can upload to Youtube now. I'm actually shocked. Victory over these machines at last. :)

Thanks so much for your assistance as I don't reckon I would have managed it otherwise. Cheers.

Hey guess what? It's finally working for me! Don't ask me how but I followed your advice and I can upload to Youtube now. I'm actually shocked. Victory over these machines at last. :)

Thanks so much for your assistance as I don't reckon I would have managed it otherwise. Cheers.
    any chance of a link ? :D

any chance of a link ? :D

Haha I'll keep you posted. ;)

Advertisement