Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need 2 sims but dont want 2 phones

• 23-04-2007 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Im living in the Uk at the moment and still use my irish number as well as my UK number every day.

I have a sagem myX6-2 which is the perfect phone for me - has eveything and more that i need.

I bought a dual sim card holder for it but it didnt work.

Now besides getting a new phone and carrying 2 phones around what options do i have? Is there anyway or any phone that will allow both sims to be active at the same time?

Or which cheapish phone can i get a dual sim for that will definetly work and not make me have to switch the phone of to use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Is there anyway or any phone that will allow both sims to be active at the same time?
    no
    Now besides getting a new phone and carrying 2 phones around what options do i have?
    take a look on ebay for dual sim adapters. they usually list the compatible phones. there are ones that add a menu to let you switch between the sims so you don't have to turn it off. i bought one before and it didn't work but don't let that put you off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Thanks for the info CV. Ive also bought one but it didnt work. so dont ahve much confidence in them tbh.

2 phones is probably the best option then even though its gonna wreck my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can get something like this but then your range of phones is very limited

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/dualsim/dualsimcovers.htm

i've carried two phones for nearly two years now. its not that annoying and can come in really handy at times

I've been carrying around two phones for about a year now and it's starting to annoy me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I carry two phones, and it has left my pants pocket stretched to bits.

It obviously is possible for this technology to work, but the networks are probably railing against the manufacturers in the development of this technology. Sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Apparently it is possible to get phones which operator 2 SIMs at the same time ... think I saw someone linking to one on Adverts.ie. Could have been a scam though. Expensive and bulky from what I saw though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

ciaranfo wrote:
    Apparently it is possible to get phones which operator 2 SIMs at the same time ... think I saw someone linking to one on Adverts.ie. Could have been a scam though. Expensive and bulky from what I saw though.

that was from a trader thats why it was taken off.the same phone was on ebay for 1/3 of the asking price :)
    Ebay would be your best bet for a dual sim phone

No scam? Nice one then - I really do need to look into getting one of those then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

i've a few to spare if anyone wants to try. you have to cut the sim cards. they don't work on 3g. work v.well on nokias, even the cheapies where the switching menu replaces the like of the vodafone / o2 menu

if someone wants me to put on adverts for a look, let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

yapyap wrote:
    i've a few to spare if anyone wants to try. you have to cut the sim cards. they don't work on 3g. work v.well on nokias, even the cheapies where the switching menu replaces the like of the vodafone / o2 menu

if someone wants me to put on adverts for a look, let me know

I would be interested but i wouldnt want to cut my sim card :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

There are some phones starting to appear from China with both SIMs active, in other words 2 phones in one case, but I haven't read yet of anyone using one.

Twin holders haven't had a great record for reliability (I can imagine the leads fatiguing if moved a lot), and that is probably part of the reason why they no longer appear in High St shops.

I don't think 2 phones is that much aggro, and can be more flexible, expecially when roaming and using one to set up callback to the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

buy 2 very thin phones and tape them together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

LOL

*gets a roll of tape

buy 2 very thin phones and tape them together
    That's an amazing idea! 2 L6 phones would go nicely back to back. It would bring the reliability up to almost 3% aswell! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

ciaranfo wrote:
    That's an amazing idea! 2 L6 phones would go nicely back to back. It would bring the reliability up to almost 3% aswell! :D

LOL!!! I almost spilled my cocoa! Hello moto x2. :D

Advertisement