Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrade q...

• 23-04-2007 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi,
    I know you probably have got this kind of question-but anyway,
    I'm planing to upgrade to vista OS and later build new PC, so will i be able to activate VISTA on different machine ? I have heard all kind off rumors-it wont work on different Mobo.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you buy OEM, no.
    If you buy retail, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

what if I get upgrade version? will it do the trick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Is it that in the event you want to switch machines you want to re-use the version of Vista you bought is that right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Well basically -yes......its one of these situations when you trying to save some cash

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

ricka05 wrote:
    what if I get upgrade version? will it do the trick?
    If you upgrade a retail copy of windows - Yes
    If you upgrade an OEM copy of windows - NO ! (it's stuck to the same machine the OEM was stuck on)

Vista HOME does not have downgrade rights to XP :(
    Vista Business does so you could move the license but would cost as much as getting two separate XP and Vista licenses

• Advertisement
Advertisement