Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fix dents with a Hairdryer and Compressed Air

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Not sure wheather to believe it causes no damage to the paint work. Its a clever idea and clearly works but it might cause the paint to bubble and come away from the metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm skeptical about that too, but if you're planning a professional dent doctor/repair job, it might be one last manual attempt before you spend 300 anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Down with this sort of thing, Volvoboy, get in here fast, us panelbeaters have to stick together. Its only a matter of time before people will start touching up their cars paintwork with brushes, we're doomed!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

"This technique cause any damage to the paint"

So the video says it does damage the paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

tuxy wrote:
    "This technique cause any damage to the paint"

So the video says it does damage the paint?
    He means it doesn't, it's just a bad translation from French.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Anyone care to volunteer their car for an experiment? To prove/disprove the validity of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Don't some of these professional 'paintless dent repair' places use dry ice to achieve the same effect? If so, I can't see anything wrong with it.

Anyone care to volunteer their car for an experiment? To prove/disprove the validity of this.
    I got two tennis ball sized dents on the rear quarter of my car thanks to some anonymous sh!t-for-brains in the QuickPark at Dublin airport last week, so I may give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Anan1 wrote:
    He means it doesn't, it's just a bad translation from French.

maybe it was 'This technique cause many damage to the paint' with a typo

Wossack wrote:
    maybe it was 'This technique cause many damage to the paint' with a typo
    Yeah, like he's going to go to all the trouble of making and posting a video of a new technique he's discovered that damages your paint :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Alun wrote:
    Yeah, like he's going to go to all the trouble of making and posting a video of a new technique he's discovered that damages your paint :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don't trust the french! Except maybe the hotties.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Alun wrote:

there may have been a joke lost on this page somewhere, sorry I didnt highlight it with smiley faces :(

Advertisement